No announcement yet.

Pound for pound prime RJJ vs Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Reed Uh I'm guessing your opinion is just a wee bit biased. Like i said I'm not knocking roy at all, but toney was not at his best weight., then again I'm a toney guy so i'm biased to a degree.
    Toney was definitely at his best weight. He was never rated higher at any other weight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I'll take your Corrales and raise you one in James Toney.
      The only difference is toney wasn't at his best weight, corrales was.

Comment

The only difference is toney wasn't at his best weight, corrales was.
        At 168, when he met Roy, Toney was 44-0, and at worst #3 pound for pound. Easily his best weight.

Comment

Reed Uh I'm guessing your opinion is just a wee bit biased. Like i said I'm not knocking roy at all, but toney was not at his best weight., then again I'm a toney guy so i'm biased to a degree.
          You can only use bias if I don't have a valid argument.

Toney was undefeated, P4P#3, and Roy moved UP in weight to beat him.

Toney also had a knockout just 4 months prior to them fighting.

Toneys skills cannot even be mentioned along with Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            When did Roys chin ever show a weakness in his prime? Besides the flash KD against Lou... when has his chin ever look subpar in his prime?

We're talking about prime 28 year old 168lb Roy Jones.

Not 35 year old, drained down from heavyweight, 175lb Roy.
            Reed, i didn't say he has a subpar chim. I said i'm taking floyds thats all. Floyd has a flash ko vs zab. Uhh zab judah is better than lou correct?

Comment

He wasn't at his best weight?

Wtf.

Comment

Reed, i didn't say he has a subpar chim. I said i'm taking floyds thats all. Floyd has a flash ko vs zab. Uhh zab judah is better than savarese correct?
                Prime for prime, Jones suffered one flash KD and other than that was never so much as stunned. Floyd suffered one KD that wasn't really a knockdown but was hurt by Corley. Tough call.

Comment

Reed, i didn't say he has a subpar chim. I said i'm taking floyds thats all. Floyd has a flash ko vs zab. Uhh zab judah is better than savarese correct?
                  It doesn't matter, Floyd wouldn't have that kind of power to bother Roy, even in an even p4p matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    It doesn't matter, Floyd wouldn't have that kind of power to bother Roy, even in an even p4p matchup.
                    Yeah if floyd is at 135 and roy is at 168. But assuming all is equal I think floyd has enough power to bother roy.

Comment

Yeah if floyd is at 135 and roy is at 168. But assuming all is equal I think floyd has enough power to bother roy.
                      I doubt that. Seriously. He'd have a hard enough time hitting him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X