No announcement yet.

Pound for pound prime RJJ vs Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
    Yeah maybe... We haven't seen him fight there though so how do we really know. Maybe after we see him fight there again we could make a better judgement. I think its a mismatch because there's no way with Roy's talent and skill he could lose to someone shorter with a shorter reach and rely's on speed. I see these two guys as having similar athletic talent only floyd is way smaller.
    Who haven't we seen fight where?

Floyd doesn't really rely on speed.

I think Roy's athletic ability far exceeds Floyds.

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
      in his prime, RJJ was nearly untouchable (ask Pazienza in the 6th round...first time in CompuBox history where a fighter didn't land a single punch). yeah yeah, car accident...etc.

Jones challenged himself moving up and down weight classes. Whooped Ruiz via Wide UD.

he beat undefeated Champion James Toney, young Bernard Hopkins, IBF Champ Reggie Johnson, Virgil Hill.

come on man.....p4p all-time (obviously they wouldn't fight each other), RJJ ranks above Floyd.
      You say Jones challenged himself by moving up and down weight classes, but you do realise Mayweather has been in 5 different weight classes himself?

p4p I think this would be an amazing scrap, because they are both lightining, both hard to hit and move well as well as being able to land some of the best punches in boxing. I think people are writing Floyd off too easily because mentally it is a hard concept to grasp these 2 being able to compete due to size difference.

I'm gonna say there would be more than 1 fight between the pair and neither is dominating the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
        I give the edge to RJJ. They have both taken criticism for not mixing it up enough, Roy's reply to this was "Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, I dont even like a fly to land on my face". Floyd and prime Roy both had great defence, blazing hand speed, very hard to hit. The biggest difference I see is punching power, I dont recall seeing Floyd score a from behind the back one punch knockout. Roy definitely gets the nod on offence.
        floyd by a little bit. Can't knock roy at all. But the night floyd beat Corrales I don't know a lot of people who can fight at that level. Besides, I'm taking floyds chin over roy's any day.

Comment

Jones' hand and foot speed, pound for pound, makes any other fighter's look slow.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

Yeah... I Roy is more athletic i don't know about just so incredibly more but more... I'll give the edge to Roy if they were to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              floyd by a little bit. Can't knock roy at all. But the night floyd beat Corrales I don't know a lot of people who can fight at that level.
              How about when Roy fought James Toney? Or.......... anyone for that matter?

Comment

floyd by a little bit. Can't knock roy at all. But the night floyd beat Corrales I don't know a lot of people who can fight at that level. Besides, I'm taking floyds chin over roy's any day.
                I'll take your Corrales and raise you one in James Toney.

Comment

How about when Roy fought James Toney? Or.......... anyone for that matter?
                  Reed Uh I'm guessing your opinion is just a wee bit biased. Like i said I'm not knocking roy at all, but toney was not at his best weight., then again I'm a toney guy so i'm biased to a degree.

Comment

When did Roys chin ever show a weakness in his prime? Besides the flash KD against Lou... when has his chin ever look subpar in his prime?

We're talking about prime 28 year old 168lb Roy Jones.

Not 35 year old, drained down from heavyweight, 175lb Roy.

Comment

We haven't seen Floyd fight at 154 since oscar so how can you say he's more comfortable there now is what I was saying. I think its a clear mismatch though as Floyd is in his 5th division at 154 while that was Roy's first.

Comment

Working...
                      X