No announcement yet.

Pound for pound prime RJJ vs Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no ceilings View Post
    so a 5-11, 175 pound mayweather? Pretending thats his natural weight class.

**** i gotta think about this.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      So a 5-11, 175 Pound Mayweather? Pretending thats his natural weight class.

**** I gotta think about this.
      Whats Floyd gouing t do, shoulder roll punches coming from impossible angles faster than anything he has ever seen. What will Floyd use his superior reflexes and speed to counter Roy. I think not.

Comment

Not sure I understand what your asking in this thread. Your saying who would win if they were the same size? or Who did more and looked more impressive P4P in their prime. If they were the same size that would be a great fight both are the truth.

Comment

Roy with out dudes, Floyd is a great fighter, but RJJ is something different to everyone.
          The speed of their combinations, your reflexes, excellent defense, but his boxing was based on the attack. The best thing I saw. Floyd is one of my five favorites, but Roy is better. Great boxers

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            Whats Floyd gouing t do, shoulder roll punches coming from impossible angles faster than anything he has ever seen. What will Floyd use his superior reflexes and speed to counter Roy. I think not.
            I think Floyd has some skills that would make him competitive against Roy. Now if you were to take Roy at 154 and the floyd that fought at 154 against Oscar than obviously Roy would beat him easily but thats a complete mismatch.

Comment

I think this is a null topic though. Roy's style is more fitting at those weight classes as floyd's is at the lower weights. that wasn't the best explanation lol but its kind of like apples and oranges to me. Lets stick to comparing guys in remotely the same weight range.

Comment

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
                I think Floyd has some skills that would make him competitive against Roy. Now if you were to take Roy at 154 and the floyd that fought at 154 against Oscar than obviously Roy would beat him easily but thats a complete mismatch.
                At 154, it's not that big of a mismatch.

I think Roy would win, but Roy was extremely green in the few fights he had at 154 early in his career.

Floyd was out of his weight class at 154 when he fought Oscar.

Now I think Floyd actually fair decent at 154, he has grown into his body after his layoff.

Comment

in his prime, RJJ was nearly untouchable (ask Pazienza in the 6th round...first time in CompuBox history where a fighter didn't land a single punch). yeah yeah, car accident...etc.

Jones challenged himself moving up and down weight classes. Whooped Ruiz via Wide UD.

he beat undefeated Champion James Toney, young Bernard Hopkins, IBF Champ Reggie Johnson, Virgil Hill.

come on man.....p4p all-time (obviously they wouldn't fight each other), RJJ ranks above Floyd.

Comment

Roy would KO Floyd p4p

prime RJJ's speed is second to none

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      At 154, it's not that big of a mismatch.

I think Roy would win, but Roy was extremely green in the few fights he had at 154 early in his career.

Floyd was out of his weight class at 154 when he fought Oscar.

Now I think Floyd actually fair decent at 154, he has grown into his body after his layoff.
                      Yeah maybe... We haven't seen him fight there though so how do we really know. Maybe after we see him fight there again we could make a better judgement. I think its a mismatch because there's no way with Roy's talent and skill he could lose to someone shorter with a shorter reach and rely's on speed. I see these two guys as having similar athletic talent only floyd is way smaller.

Comment

Working...
                      X