Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan -vs- Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's next, Khan will call out Morales?

I see someone is following in the footsteps of fellow Brit legend, Calzaghe!

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
      I think this thread may sound like I think it's a terrible matchup. I don't dislike the matchup at all. Would I like Khan to mix it up in the shark tank with the rest of the 140 lbers? Of course. However, this is a great crossroads fight. Is it somewhat safe? Yeah, but this could match up for a very exciting fight. Classic Young Lion -vs- Cagey Veteran bout.
      i like it.

i liked it since it was brought up earlier this year.

gets khan a big name.

marquez is the kind of win that makes bradley-khan , alexander-khan , maidana-khan fights possible.

people don't understand how promoters work.

bradley , alexander , maidana is too much risk and not enough money for a kid their bringing up in khan.

once khan gets that win that makes him a name and draw in the u.s. and solidifies his resume , then fights against bradley , maidana and alexander can happen.

now those fights make money. now the risk is not that much.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
        What's next, Khan will call out Morales?

I see someone is following in the footsteps of fellow Brit legend, Calzaghe!
        boxing feeds the old to the young.

always has been that way.

didn't morales beat a 40 yr. old zaragoza?

just how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          he's fought top guys at 140 already. he won.
          How about Maidana his mandatory? How about Bradley? How about Alexander? How about anyone else at 140? Get the fcuk out of here you clown. Khan is a ***** that fights old men, non punchers and smaller fighters. Malignaggi? Ha ha ha ha ha. Maidana was paid off to step aside. Khan has a chin made in China and will be matched carefully. Don't make me laugh "He's fought top guys at 140" Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            i like it.

i liked it since it was brought up earlier this year.

gets khan a big name.

marquez is the kind of win that makes bradley-khan , alexander-khan , maidana-khan fights possible.

people don't understand how promoters work.

bradley , alexander , maidana is too much risk and not enough money for a kid their bringing up in khan.

once khan gets that win that makes him a name and draw in the u.s. and solidifies his resume , then fights against bradley , maidana and alexander can happen.

now those fights make money. now the risk is not that much.
            I don't mind waiting one more fight for Khan to take on a bigger threat. Besides, there would be a lot of star power in that ring between Khan and JMM. Think of it, it would easily be an exciting fight to look forward to. I feel bad talking about the Baby Bull like he's got an execution Saturday, but.. Yeah anyway, get ready for Khan/JMM.

Comment

I don't mind waiting one more fight for Khan to take on a bigger threat. Besides, there would be a lot of star power in that ring between Khan and JMM. Think of it, it would easily be an exciting fight to look forward to. I feel bad talking about the Baby Bull like he's got an execution Saturday, but.. Yeah anyway, get ready for Khan/JMM.
              The other thing is, we won't have to wait much longer for Khan to step up. There really is nowhere else to go after this. I would begin criticizing Khan if dominated/stopped JMM then went on to fight a smaller Katsidis. One more fight against a smaller guy, then we need a fight against a 140 lber with a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry Picker View Post
                How about Maidana his mandatory? How about Bradley? How about Alexander? How about anyone else at 140? Get the fcuk out of here you clown. Khan is a ***** that fights old men, non punchers and smaller fighters. Malignaggi? Ha ha ha ha ha. Maidana was paid off to step aside. Khan has a chin made in China and will be matched carefully. Don't make me laugh "He's fought top guys at 140" Who?
                stfu *****.

this is how boxing works.

i know you're new to it.

3-4 years from now if he still hasn't fought bradley , alexander and maidana then talk.

if you don't know that kotelnik and malignaggi are top fighters , then you're too stupid to talk to.

were they safer options? sure. doesn't change the fact that they were top fighters in the division.

you do know that khan has only been at 140 for a year right?

stupid people always want to talk about **** they don't know anything about.

Comment

This chump has fought one puncher in his whole protected career. This is what happened:

Comment

This is bull****. I rather him fight Judah if he wants a big name because it's a bigger risk and he'll get knocked the f out. Even though if that fight gets made depending on how good Juan Manuel Marquez looks in this rematch, I think he'll KO Khan too. Khan's in a lose lose situation just to make money that pathetic ****.

Comment

if baby bull pulls it out , he'll get the khan fight.

not as big a name as jmm but good enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X