Amir Khan -vs- Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan -vs- Juan Manuel Marquez

Get ready for it. No point in waiting for BPP to announce it. It's obvious:

- JMM will convincingly defeat Juan Diaz again, Diaz has not improved.
    - Amir Khan will be ringside this Saturday for the JMM/Diaz rematch.
    - Khan and JMM are both under Golden Boy. Interleague play is very 2009.
    - JMM being smaller, not a dynamic puncher, and getting older will earn him the green light from Khan's team.
    - Despite the fact that I believe Khan is not afraid of Bradley/Alexander/Maidana. All signs point to his team wanting to ease him back into the shark tank.
    Yes.
    100.00%
    No.
    0.00%
    Last edited by DrewWoodside; 07-27-2010, 08:48 PM.

I sure hope not. Khan should at least fight someone on the level of Julio Diaz if he's going to duck Maidana. JMM should say FU and stick to lightweights.

Comment

Marquez has made it clear he doesn't want to fight Khan, and will probably not move back past 135 unless a miracle third fight with Pacquiao materializes.

Marquez wouldn't do this unless Golden Boy forces him.

Khan will fight Maidana later this year or early next as his next fight.

Comment

Amir Khan is a joke. Older names, non punchers and smaller fighters is his game. I'm not interested at all until he steps up to fight the top guys at 140.

Comment

huh i never heard JMM say he didnt want kahn.

I thought it would be a good match up, I much rather have seen that than a diaz rematch. JMM is getting old, I rather see him in different fights. Diaz did good early last time but JMM adjusted and stopped him. I dont see the point in a rematch if JMM could get different fights. I am not too sure about Kahn's people, ahem roach, wanting JMM.

Id also be interested in seeing Hatton vs either JMM or Khan or see Judah vs either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
            I sure hope not. Khan should at least fight someone on the level of Julio Diaz if he's going to duck Maidana. JMM should say FU and stick to lightweights.
            Jmm will beat Diaz so decisively, a Khan/JMM matchup won't seem very lobsided at all. Diaz is just ponderous and plodding enough to give JMM all the momentum he needs for this fight. It's also the exact formula they used to propel Khan/Malignaggi. GBP is thinking about the future and at this stage in the game, Khan's star shines a bit brighter. I could be wrong and perhaps the fight won't ultimately be signed, but expect several press releases giving this bout serious thought.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
              level of julio diaz?

you do know kotelnik and malignaggi were top 5 , top 10 140 fighters right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry Picker View Post
                Amir Khan is a joke. Older names, non punchers and smaller fighters is his game. I'm not interested at all until he steps up to fight the top guys at 140.
                he's fought top guys at 140 already. he won.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  level of julio diaz?

you do know kotelnik and malignaggi were top 5 , top 10 140 fighters right?
                  I think this thread may sound like I think it's a terrible matchup. I don't dislike the matchup at all. Would I like Khan to mix it up in the shark tank with the rest of the 140 lbers? Of course. However, this is a great crossroads fight. Is it somewhat safe? Yeah, but this could match up for a very exciting fight. Classic Young Lion -vs- Cagey Veteran bout.

Comment

JMM needs to fight lightweights and not allow himself to be used by GBP. Kahn needs to fight the maidanas, bradleys, alexanders, Ortiz,....

Comment

Working...
                    X