Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump for Le Tombeur

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
      Lew Jenkins, contested at 140 for the welterweight crown for starters.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1155009AAgUN14

It's on the front page of his Boxrec stats as well.

If you need more "proof" then that, the fact that both men weighed just a shade under 140 for the welterweight, I will dig for more proof. However, I think I've already proven conclusively that Hank fought title fights at catchweights.

cough cough

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
        DLH didn't fight Floyd for a second time in the end, so he didn't have to respect demands that were on the contract for Floyd II when he was now fighting Manny, right ?

and I just looked up the WW title fights Armstrong has had
        you'll have to name the fights that happened at a catch-weight, because there's no indication there that there were catch-weights, and many of those fights happened at the full division limit with his opponents coming in near 147

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...boxer&pageID=1

provide evidence please
        or else it didn't happen
        Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
        Lew Jenkins, contested at 140 for the welterweight crown for starters.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1155009AAgUN14

It's on the front page of his Boxrec stats as well.

If you need more "proof" then that, the fact that both men weighed just a shade under 140 for the welterweight, I will dig for more proof. However, I think I've already proven conclusively that Hank fought title fights at catchweights.
        ^^^^^^^

Total domination by RimmyDelicious, 1st rd KO

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
          ^^^^^^^

Total domination by RimmyDelicious, 1st rd KO
          People seem to be under the impression that Manny invented catchweights or something. It's like the ****ing twilight zone. These morons have no knowledge of the history of the sport, CATCHWEIGHTS WERE FAR MORE COMMON IN THE PAST THEN THEY ARE NOW.

Comment

fair ? how is it fair to be fighting at a cut weight in your own natural division ? how is it fair for Cotto to cut 2 extra pounds to make 145 when he has the right to be fighting at 147 lbs to defend his title ?

the fighters accept those catch-weight because they know Pacquiao is a big star and they can make the most money against him
            As I told you Cotto or anybody's free to fight anybody. Pac can still fights at 135 if he wants to. But He's following the Money fights at the higher weights. As I told u Pac's not a real welter but he's fighting Big guys for bigger money and greater legacy.

So u guys stop crying and appreciate a Brave man like Pac who fights anybody. Unlike Floyd who pick only the easier fight for him.

Comment

The blue parallelogram tool just gave me red k because "Armstrong is greater than Pacquaio". I never said he wasn't, that isn't what the thread is about.

Comment

LeTombeur, can you respond please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Is the Margarito fight a catch weight? I read an article which mis quoted Pac as he said he would come in at around 150 and they assumed the Margarito fight was going to be at 150 not 154.

The Oscar fight wasn't a catch weight Manny moved up from 135 to 147 and Oscar moved down from 154 to 147 he just lost weight the wrong way it seems.

I thought the only catch weight fight Pac had was Cotto?
                  DLH didnt lose weight the wrong way, he simply couldnt make the weight/

so in essense, it was a catchweight fight.

Comment

you don't even know Armstrong and what he has achieved
                    I bet you have never seen him fight on tape

Armstrong never starved his opponents
                    FAIL

Pacquiao didnt starve no one.

Cotto made weight with ease,he even come with chain on weigh in .

WITH CHAINNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Pacquiao is 8 division champ and Armstrong is what 3?

bwahahahahahahaha

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                      As I told you Cotto or anybody's free to fight anybody. Pac can still fights at 135 if he wants to. But He's following the Money fights at the higher weights. As I told u Pac's not a real welter but he's fighting Big guys for bigger money and greater legacy.

So u guys stop crying and appreciate a Brave man like Pac who fights anybody. Unlike Floyd who pick only the easier fight for him.
                      dude, pac can not make 135. dude weighs 148+ on fight night and is all muscle.

hes struggle to make 140, which i dont think he can do comfortably anymore.

pac is a REAL ww, hes a small WW. as i have said before. you guys need to stop playing down pacs weight and stop playing up floyds. they are both small ww's.

and if pac is not a small WW, then he needs not to be fighting at WW and asking for catchweights, beating people on the scales
                      Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 07-25-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X