No announcement yet.

Hey Guys I got some Info on Cotto-Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
    So you'd rather have Cotto face the biggest cash cows that werent even top 10 by moving up to weights he had never fought at then facing the TOP P4P fighters in the world?

You are not a boxing fan if youd rather Cotto make more money then beat the best out there.

Say what you want about Cotto but he was at his best when Floyd retired.
    LOL Hatton and Mayweather were top 10 P4P that's 2 out of 3 cash cows who were in the top 10 P4P list so wtf are you babbling about?

When Hatton and Cotto were both at 140, Hatton was the lineal champ and the guy to beat at 140. Bob Arum didn't even try to make that fight happen.

Sure Cotto was prime when Mayweather retired, then in his next fight right after Floyd retried he loses

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
      floyd wanted cotto a long time ago and arum said hell no-----this was when cotto was undefeated also----arum knew the outcome---he was willing to throw margarito in with floyd though, and he knew floyd would have won every round, but cotto was the bigger star at the time and he was undefeated---which is why floyd wanted him----floyd never ducked cotto and margarito----tony only became kind of big when he stopped cotto back in 2008---floyd is so smart---but he knows he can't win with some fans and critics no matter what he does, but it's okay, they'll realize how smart floyd was once he retires for good----cotto never wanted floyd at 140---it seems like nobody did except for the guys he fought and vivan harris, and maybe zab, but we all seen what happened to them both----cotto may have wanted floyd at 147, but never spoke up, mainly saying, talk to my promoter---floyd also brought this up in interviews---arum never had any intentions of putting cotto in there with floyd until after cotto lost to tony----his stock dropped---and when margo beat cotto, bob didn't want to call out floyd, he instead brought up that floyd ducked tony back in 2006---just pay attention people---the truth has been there for so many years---arum is a scumbag----he jumps on his fighter's badwagon until they lose---then's it curtains for them----

i hope floyd does fight cotto just so they both can rub it in his face---and arum knows tony had this fight from the jump, and cotto didn't with manny coz tony and manny stopped cotto---but arum most likely lied to cotto insuring him of a rematch with manny----i'm wiliing to bet that cotto buys out of his contract, or if he can't afford to, oscar and gbp will-----arum took up for tony after he was suspended from fighting in the states---and that had to rub miguel the wrong way---i truly feel cotto has been wanting to leave top rank for years, but was afraid to---cotto hasn't made that super huge paycheck yet, and he got stiffed in the pacquiao fight---didn't he get like 35% of the guaranteed purse--and had to come down to a catchweight and defend his title there? arum screwed miguel---

we know cotto ain't beating no floyd mayweather jr. he never will and has never been able to---no matter how you pricks on here try to spin it-----
      The guys who started watching boxing in 2008 don't know this. They won't believe you lol but this post is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegan101 View Post
        but Cotto still lives in Puerto Rico too far from Las Vegas.
        Yeah but we can fly in and out of the states Legally whenever we want.
        LOL

Comment

If Cotto doesn't get his contract bought out Arum is clearly gonna come out the winner out of these fights he would get like 35% of both fighters in this fight then again if Pac fights May it would be another 27%, his problem is that he is not a boxing fan or former fighter so he is not into making good fights ,he is a business man and thats it. Harsh to say but boxing will be better without Arum once he is gone from boxing forever.DEAD

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            COTTO COULD HAVE FOUGHT HATTON, DLH, AND MAYWEATHER IF HE WASN'T IN TOP RANK.

Why is it so hard for you morons to understand this?

Why are you all bringing up irrelevant **** like what Mayweather sold before DLH, who was P4P, blah blah. WTF?

Lmao.
            Key word COULD have. So its also Arums fault that Floyd retired because the WW division was weak.

Comment

The guys who started watching boxing in 2008 don't know this. They won't believe you lol but this post is true.
              it's really dumbfounding to me kev-----i don't get these people---they seem to just skim through information and take what they want out of it---and interpret it that way---it's crazy man--

btw kev, who you with jmm and diaz? although, i think i have an idea already-lol---

Comment

Ummmmm are you slow????

Any if those years between 2006-2008 Cotto-DLH could have happened if Cotto was not in Top Rank.

I think you are slow.

You were also the same poster yesterday also thinking the WBC website having Alcine #4 and Angulo #7 was on point, when it was delayed and you just owned yourself.
                Here is Oscar's resume during that time
                Mayorga May 06
                Mayweather may 07
                Forbes may 08
                Pac dec 08

Which one of those fights was Oscar suppose to fight Cotto instead of the guys he fought during that time frame? Since you would rather throw disses out instead of back up what you say I will tell you

Mayorga
                He fought Mayorga because he was needed a guy who would really motivate him to fight again. He said he hated Vargas so much and Mayorga was from that same mold, a guy who talks a lot of **** and a guy who would motivate him to fight like the Oscar of the old. This was his comeback fight, and was suppose to be a guy who would spark his interest in fighting again. I dont get how Cotto fits this mold in any way or why Oscar would chose Miguel instead of Oscar

Mayweather
                I'm not gonna break this down because it's obvious why he chose this fight

Forbes
                Again I broke this down earlier. This was a prelude to Oscar vs Floyd 2 and was considered a tune-up match. So are we to believe Oscar would face Cotto as a tune up to Floyd?

Pacquiao
                Again It's common knowledge that if Cotto would have beaten Margarito he would have gotten Oscar. If Arum was an issue why did Pacquiao vs Oscar happen?

And as for the Alcine vs Angulo rankings you ask me why Alcine was still higher and I told you the rankings weren't updated. I don't get where you are going with that.

Comment

LOL Hatton and Mayweather were top 10 P4P that's 2 out of 3 cash cows who were in the top 10 P4P list so wtf are you babbling about?

When Hatton and Cotto were both at 140, Hatton was the lineal champ and the guy to beat at 140. Bob Arum didn't even try to make that fight happen.

Sure Cotto was prime when Mayweather retired, then in his next fight right after Floyd retried he loses
                  Kev, dont involve Cotto in with Hatton please. Its pretty much clear now at this stage that Cotto >>>> Hatton..

lol wut happend 2 ur FB acct?

Comment

Floyd Wasnt in the top 10 being retired, Hatton was #10 at best and where was DLH.

I would rather have him face the best at their best weights during thier primes, then see fights where hes moving up and down weight divisions to face fighters that are worse just to make more money.

Bold:Thats has no relevence at all. Point is Floyd retired at Cottos prime stating the division ******. It makes no difference that he lost AFTER Floyd retired.

Comment

Helllllooooo Slowpoke. Knock knock, anybody home in that big butthead of yours?

If Cotto was not a Top Rank fighter, Cotto would have also been an option!

Damn Slowpoke get back in your Pokeball!

You are funny little guy Kevin. I'm actually not offended as I find your insults entertaining. With that said can you answer these two questions

1. Why would Oscar chose Cotto over a Floyd rematch?

2. Why was Oscar set on fighting Cotto vs Margarito winner, two Top Rank guys, after the fight with Floyd fell apart if Arum was such an issue?

*Bonus question*
                      3. Why did Oscar end up fighting a Top Rank fighter in Manny Pacquiao if Arum was such an issue?

FWIW I really feel I'm asking these in vein because I think you would rather flame and reply with insults.
                      Last edited by Khalid X; 07-24-2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X