Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog vs. Danny Jacobs: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akira Fudo View Post
    You know something, Jacobs power can be very inconsistent. I mean, he never even hurt Michael Walker. We'll see
    His power kind of baffles me too he's had moments but i'm still uncertian whether it's the level of opposition or what. Not being able to hurt Walker or Ishe makes me question it.
    Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-24-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      His power kind of baffles me too he's had moments but i'm still uncertian whether it's the level of opposition or what. Not being able to hurt Walker or Ishe makes me question it.
      I see Jacobs doing his best to stay on the outside, then he'll slow down considerably as he usually does in the late rounds, and Pirog coming on strong. Ishe did hurt Jacobs so I'm sure Pirog has more then enough power to get Jacob's respect. I'm losing patience man

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        No interesting fights today, but next Saturday will be very good with Universum's final card in the afternoon, and the Golden Boy PPV in the evening.

Sartisan-Gevor
        Zbik-Heiland
        Dimitrenko-Zavorotny
        JC Gomez-TBA

Jacobs-Pirog
        Diaz-Marquez
        Bika-Mendy
        Linares-Juarez
        Casamayor-Guerrero
        Groves-Contreras
        Mitchell-Bryant
        Do you know where Pirog Jacobs will be placed in the card, how close to the main event?

Originally posted by Akira Fudo View Post
        I see Jacobs doing his best to stay on the outside, then he'll slow down considerably as he usually does in the late rounds, and Pirog coming on strong. Ishe did hurt Jacobs so I'm sure Pirog has more then enough power to get Jacob's respect. I'm losing patience man
        Pirog isn't a 1 punch KO guy but i do think he has more power than given credit for. He really picks his spots and doesn't truley sit down too often but when he does he does have good crack imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          Do you know where Pirog Jacobs will be placed in the card, how close to the main event?
          I'm not sure, but it will likely be just before the main event.

Comment

Has Pirog fought anyone with the speed of a Jacobs...I've seen some of his fights on youtube, and he looks exceptional defensively, but the opponents he's fighting looks pretty slow...but defensively he looks like a tall lanky floyd mayweather...very impressive

Comment

If Jacobs fights with the right gameplan I think he'll win the fight by decision. If he manages to stay outside and establish his jab while stepping from side to side to not allow Pirog to get set, he should be able to win the fight.

Pirog does have a shot at knocking Jacobs out though, I can see Pirog catching Jacobs with a counter right hand when Jacobs overextends with his own right hand, Pirog likes to roll his left shoulder back to set up the counter. And Pirog is good at luring his opponents into a false sense of security, he likes to throw a few soft shots to set up his hard shot, which comes at the end of his combinations.

Comment

If Pirog is going to win he's going to have to go to body early and often to slow Danny down and sap his stamina.

Comment

Pirog isn't a quick starter, I think Jacobs will put rounds in the bank, more than likely enough to win the bout before Pirog starts timing him and countering his shots. These two guys can be stars in the future, they may end up getting it on again.

Comment

Originally posted by htown00 View Post
                    Has Pirog fought anyone with the speed of a Jacobs...I've seen some of his fights on youtube, and he looks exceptional defensively, but the opponents he's fighting looks pretty slow...but defensively he looks like a tall lanky floyd mayweather...very impressive
                    Daniel Jacobs is definitely faster than anyone Pirog has ever faced.

But, Dmitry is probably better than anyone Jacobs has fought since turning pro...

This is an very interesting matchup.

Comment

I think Jacobs has progressed really well as a pro. He still has a long way to go but hopefully he will be able to overcome this obsiticle.

Comment

Working...
                      X