No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Margarito/Cotto Location To Be Decided Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
    Works for me, but truthfully no circular argument is needed, sans Mosley, which is the best name on May's resume at welterweight, considering he's been a welterweight since 2005.

That's five years that it took for him to face a future HOF welterweight, compare that to how long Pac has been at welterweight? About close to 2 years?

In that time he's faced ranked 147lb opponents like Cotto (albeit a lesser version of himself but still quality opponent) and Clottey, both of whom have been competitive with everyone they have ever faced, including each other...would you agree?

No one has ever truly dominated either man, Pac dominated both. Margarito had problems with Clottey, Pac didn't. Cotto and Clottey's match was highly competitive. Pac dominated both, albeit a less fresher version of Cotto but still highly capable (another future HOF), and has managed to face two ranked top fighters at 147 in under 2 years, how long has May been at 147? Pac just became a welterweight like yesterday!

I'm joking obviously but you get my general point, some people become way to sensitive about this issue. Point is to see things in the context of how long each man has been at welterweight and who they've faced in that span of time at 147, and then conduct a fair comparison.
    how is that 5 years with 2 years off... wouldnt that make it 3???? YEAH marg had problems with cotto but the end result left cotto a C class fighter clottey has never been that good but his defense makes him pretty okay... his resume is not that impresive man 3 of them were coming off losse also. hatton de la hoya and clottey...

Comment

Didn't LeBron already choose the Heat last week?. It's The Decision 2010 pt 2! at least that's how it's playing out to be (if for no one else, the boxing world)... except that Mayweather and his entire camp have said absolutely nothing. Which I can appreciate but at the same time is frustrating.

As far as Arum's willingness to openly speak about plan B, C, D, etc..., this should be seen as a ploy to accomplish two things: 1. have something set for November 13 for Pac regardless of the opponent (if not Mayweather, it'll need that much more hype built for it and justification to defend it. and if it is Mayweather, to milk the living **** out of an easy blockbuster.) 2. it let's Mayweather know the ball is/has been in his court, but the world won't stop spinning because of his decision.

Also, it's easy to say that Mayweather is ducking or scared to fight Pac... but people tend to forget the potential legal ramifications his uncle is potentially facing. If he potentially cannot be in his corner--then what does he do? Back out? Imagine what people would say then. Stay and fight? A risky bet for an undefeated, prideful fighter.

Ultimately I just wish he would acknowledge that he received the terms and is analyzing the details and exploring all possibilities. But I'm guessing we'll just have to wait 2/3 more days. PLEASE, LET'S GET THIS FIGHT ON!

As far as his foundation and summer boxing camp--session 1 ended on Monday (12th). The next begins on the 19th. And they last daily until 12:30p.

Finally, as far as media/journalists/etc... I'm sure you all have tried... but instead of waiting for public announcements/comments (in general, them getting a hold of you), what has the effort been to do some investigative reporting and GET A HOLD of GBP and Team Mayweather for comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
        So what is really the story then? Floyd has become a MUTE.

We dont know what the "Really" story is, And Mayweather as far as i know is alway MUTED until he has a fight signed. All we need to do is wait and see what happens from both sides.

Arum already took soooo many people for a mug when he lied again in negotiating for this fight back in January, His words are like dust to me.
        Last edited by Ray*; 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Haha, a Mosley who had been out of the ring for nearly a year and a half? A 38 year old prizefighter who was inactive. Lol Manny would decapitate Mosley, Shane looked completely gassed after 3 rounds against Mayweather, his time is done

Haha, so why didn't he? And how long has Cheato been out? So why not give PBF what he wants and make the fight? What about Pwillz, Bertos, Bradley or Alexander? Because Pac is full of ****. How do you look gassed after 3 rounds but go 12? Don't be surprised to see Shane win another title before retirement.
          Last edited by Sugar Q; 07-14-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
            As is the deafening silence from your boy.

Seems like a "**** off, don't insult my intelligence" move to me.

Comment

So what is really the story then? Floyd has become a MUTE.
              be patient and see

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Dont kid yourself no one bothers themselves with Arum anymore, Dont expect GBP to come out and issue statements denying Arum's BS. They know sensible people knows Arum is a joke so no need to issue statements to please any ******s who cant see through Arum.
                Just because you (and many, many others) don't hold any weight to what Arum says... the fact is TR and GBP are two of the biggest (if not THE biggest) promotional companies in boxing today. It'd be dumb on GBP's part to not refute comments which they are directly stated in, involving a fight that includes one of their own--especially IF the comments are false.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                  Seems like a "**** off, don't insult my intelligence" move to me.
                  Mayweather and intelligence aren't synonymous. By the way why even enter into negotiations, if your sole intentions are to posture rather than come to an agreement?
                  Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 07-14-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by babyl-on View Post
                    Also, it's easy to say that Mayweather is ducking or scared to fight Pac... but people tend to forget the potential legal ramifications his uncle is potentially facing. If he potentially cannot be in his corner--then what does he do? Back out? Imagine what people would say then. Stay and fight? A risky bet for an undefeated, prideful fighter.
                    Whoah, there cowboy! According to switchsouthpaw, you're arguing semantics with all this talk of an incomplete corner and it's ramifications.

Comment

uh huh

This is just a roundabout way of trying to get Floyd "Gutless Turd" Mayweather to accept the fight. He's not mute, he's just completely out of excuses so he'll stay in hiding until he comes up with a new excuse. Floyd is officially ducking Manny Pacquiao. Tragic.

Comment

Working...
                      X