Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Sr: “Pacquiao didn’t want to fight Shane Mosley and my son ****ing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    You can't be serious lol... How far will you *******s go to play out boxing fans lol...
    Was it fair to have Marquez come up 2 weight classes and fight at a contracted weight of 144, then come in 2lbs over?

Comment

Firstly, Floyd never stepped up to the plate to fight Shane, he simply had no choice or his next bout would have flopped. Its the same situation now, he's trying his hardest to avoid Manny, but now because he isn't getting his way he's talking about taking more time off because there is no one he can fight that will be taken as a serious competitor. Mayweather is extremely limited because he isn't going to get a fight with any Top Rank fighter with the way he's handling the Pacman situation. He just beat down Mosley a guy who "he stepped up to the plate to" who just happened to lose to Cotto, struggle for wins over Vargas and Mayorga, then a win over a plasterless Margarito.

My favorite part of it all though, is Mayweather fans bring up the fact that Mosley turned down Mayweather years ago. For what reason? Floyd didn't bring enough money to the table, which for the time was 100% true. Floyd fans always rave "Homeboy ain't ****" and all the other ***** crap that comes out of their mouths, but when its used on Mayweather they say well he tried to fight him, but because he didn't he shouldn't fight him again. Or, when people bring up how he ducked Cotto, they'll say "He tried to fight him at 140 but he wasn't ready." I'm sorry but if Mayweather called out Angulo would you take it seriously? Same situation with Cotto, all Mayweather did was call out a potential threat when they were very early in their career to say he "tried." I take more away from the fact that Mayweather retired when Cotto was ready.

One more thing that makes this funny and me sick is when Sr. was talking about the Mosley fight. He stated "He did everything my son asked." Excuse me? Is that the only way you guys take fights is if Mayweather gets his way only? I'm not saying he doesn't care about making boxing clean, but when you demand everything all the time the other guy isn't always going to be your ***** and thats exactly what's happening here. Floyd's alpha male **** isn't working on Manny and sadly for Mayweather, Manny has more options than Floyd. Manny can fight Margarito, Cotto and Marquez again then retire with a few 15-20 million dollar paydays against all three of those guys. What are Mayweathers options? Yes, he can move up and fight some guys but he'll never get the payday he would fighting Manny and since GBP doesn't have a fighter thats a draw atm, he's forced to retire. IMO, Manny keeps stating he only wants 14 days and Mayweather will just go away for a while again while Manny keeps racking up the wins and cash.

Comment

You don't challenge a man, and threaten him to come in at a contracted weight or no fight, and think that fans will believe that PAc is a legit ww champion first off even if they agreed to weighing in at 145 lbs. Floyd didn't ask Baldomir to come in less than 147 knowing that Baldomir's weight gain after weigh ins have become stuff of legend lol...

There is nothing suspicious about Floyd asking for additional testing except to *******s. Floyd saw the future and saw that he had potential fights with a man who came from 112-147 an has done well, or fight a shane who used Balco products. Seeing things from Floyd's point of view shows the reality of the situation...
        Both are of equal footing....I didn't call you a ***** nor would I allude to the term *******.

Simply put, both boxers have to come into terms. Both have their own reasons to "demand" towards the fight. Both are proud and both have their career's work on the stake. It is highly understandable.

But all of these emotions and energy are unnecessary. And while all of us fans have our own minds and allegiances, it is simply stupid to resort to name calling.

I am first and foremost a pugilistic fan. Nothing more. Though I am a Filipino-American, I still regard Mayweather (in the ring) as one of the best and in no way fanatical but a fan of Pacquiao.

My roots in boxing goes way back in the glorious era, in the 70s (though 60s are one of the best also). I've watched the THRILLA IN MANILA at a young age of 7 and left an indelible mark on me. I am a big fan of Muhammad Ali and boxing have emulated him much from my training in Kali/arnis/Escrima...to Jeet Kune Do and now much more relaxed in Tai Chi.

Seeing Mayweather and Pacquiao, I can only hope that they would fight. That is all. Restore boxing to it's glorious past. If there's one way towards respectability, and the lore of legends, this is one way to introduce it back to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Was it fair to have Marquez come up 2 weight classes and fight at a contracted weight of 144, then come in 2lbs over?
          You truly don't have a clue about what you're posting lol...

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
            Both are of equal footing....I didn't call you a ***** nor would I allude to the term *******.

Simply put, both boxers have to come into terms. Both have their own reasons to "demand" towards the fight. Both are proud and both have their career's work on the stake. It is highly understandable.

But all of these emotions and energy are unnecessary. And while all of us fans have our own minds and allegiances, it is simply stupid to resort to name calling.

I am first and foremost a pugilistic fan. Nothing more. Though I am a Filipino-American, I still regard Mayweather (in the ring) as one of the best and in no way fanatical but a fan of Pacquiao.

My roots in boxing goes way back in the glorious era, in the 70s (though 60s are one of the best also). I've watched the THRILLA IN MANILA at a young age of 7 and left an indelible mark on me. I am a big fan of Muhammad Ali and boxing have emulated him much from my training in Kali/arnis/Escrima...to Jeet Kune Do and now much more relaxed in Tai Chi.

Seeing Mayweather and Pacquiao, I can only hope that they would fight. That is all. Restore boxing to it's glorious past. If there's one way towards respectability, and the lore of legends, this is one way to introduce it back to the fans.
            Ok, I can ride with this.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
              Olympic style testing is all year round testing 24/7/365! Floyd invented OST is useless. Just 2 months? WTF he gonna do on his 10 months cut off date?
              Can you tell me how Floyd invented OST? Thanks.

Comment

Me or you? U say its a ***** move to make a fighter fight at a contracted weight, yet find no problem with Floyd having Marquez come up 2 weight classes, have the fight contracted at 144, then come in at 146.

Comment

The other point is...Pac honored his catchweight with Cotto while Floyd cheated JMM in their catchweight albeit changing the contract last minutes doesn't mean its not cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Firstly, Floyd never stepped up to the plate to fight Shane, he simply had no choice or his next bout would have flopped. Its the same situation now, he's trying his hardest to avoid Manny, but now because he isn't getting his way he's talking about taking more time off because there is no one he can fight that will be taken as a serious competitor. Mayweather is extremely limited because he isn't going to get a fight with any Top Rank fighter with the way he's handling the Pacman situation. He just beat down Mosley a guy who "he stepped up to the plate to" who just happened to lose to Cotto, struggle for wins over Vargas and Mayorga, then a win over a plasterless Margarito.

My favorite part of it all though, is Mayweather fans bring up the fact that Mosley turned down Mayweather years ago. For what reason? Floyd didn't bring enough money to the table, which for the time was 100% true. Floyd fans always rave "Homeboy ain't ****" and all the other ***** crap that comes out of their mouths, but when its used on Mayweather they say well he tried to fight him, but because he didn't he shouldn't fight him again. Or, when people bring up how he ducked Cotto, they'll say "He tried to fight him at 140 but he wasn't ready." I'm sorry but if Mayweather called out Angulo would you take it seriously? Same situation with Cotto, all Mayweather did was call out a potential threat when they were very early in their career to say he "tried." I take more away from the fact that Mayweather retired when Cotto was ready.

One more thing that makes this funny and me sick is when Sr. was talking about the Mosley fight. He stated "He did everything my son asked." Excuse me? Is that the only way you guys take fights is if Mayweather gets his way only? I'm not saying he doesn't care about making boxing clean, but when you demand everything all the time the other guy isn't always going to be your ***** and thats exactly what's happening here. Floyd's alpha male **** isn't working on Manny and sadly for Mayweather, Manny has more options than Floyd. Manny can fight Margarito, Cotto and Marquez again then retire with a few 15-20 million dollar paydays against all three of those guys. What are Mayweathers options? Yes, he can move up and fight some guys but he'll never get the payday he would fighting Manny and since GBP doesn't have a fighter thats a draw atm, he's forced to retire. IMO, Manny keeps stating he only wants 14 days and Mayweather will just go away for a while again while Manny keeps racking up the wins and cash.
                    He offer to fight shane twice. 1st time is was to much risk for low reward. 2nd time shane tooth hurt. As for cotto bod didn't want him fighting cotto at 140. At 147 bob said no to a contract that would have had floyd fight Marg, Cotto, and d. hoya.

As for manny fighting for 15-20. It aint happening. The most 15. And still he wouldn't get that because he got everybody in his pocket. Floyd will always make more no matter who he fights.

Man I can wait to floyd be the **** out of manny. You dumb azz mothaf#ckas don't know **** about the sweet science. Yall just d1ck ride who the media hypes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Me or you? U say its a ***** move to make a fighter fight at a contracted weight, yet find no problem with Floyd having Marquez come up 2 weight classes, have the fight contracted at 144, then come in at 146.
                      Floyd had Marquez come up two weight classes lol... How far will you *******s lie in order to further your points lol...
                      Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 06-23-2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X