Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
    I don't see why sugar ray Leonard wasn't brave?
    Because of *EVERYTHING* he did after fighting Hagler, and some of the things he did before too, but I give him the benefit of doubt for that.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
      Because of *EVERYTHING* he did after fighting Hagler, and some of the things he did before too, but I give him the benefit of doubt for that.
      Retiring due to a detached retina is NOT cowardice. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Retiring due to a detached retina is NOT cowardice. That's ridiculous.
        I have been quite clear. *EVERYTHING* he did AFTER fighting Hagler. For the rest I give him the benefit of doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
          I have been quite clear. *EVERYTHING* he did AFTER fighting Hagler. For the rest I give him the benefit of doubt.
          why are you deliberately focusing on things he did after hagler?

why don't you tell me what you mean by "everything"?

Comment

No one on plannet earth knows what would have happened in the next ten seconds, had victor ortiz continued. It sends chills down my spine even thinking about it.
            I don't blame Ortiz for quitting, nor did I blame Cotto for taking the knee against Margarito.

The average person cannot even take a single punch in the face without turning and running. I spent almost 2 years in a boxing gym and lost track of the number of guys who gave up after their very first sparring session.

In Ortiz's case I think the public outcry had more to do with the fashion in which he quit than the fact that he actually did it.

I personnally think the sport is filled with Professional Quitters who give up all the time but are so good at it that they know how to make it look legit everytime. If Ortiz was smart he would have just stumbled getting up and then wobbled a little bit and the ref would have stopped it and all the ******s on this site wouldn't be calling him a quitter.

In my opinion, a complete non-effort like Kevin Johnson gave against Vitali Klitschko should be more damning to a fighter's reputation than them quitting in a fight they were getting battered in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              I don't blame Ortiz for quitting, nor did I blame Cotto for taking the knee against Margarito.

The average person cannot even take a single punch in the face without turning and running. I spent almost 2 years in a boxing gym and lost track of the number of guys who gave up after their very first sparring session.

In Ortiz's case I think the public outcry had more to do with the fashion in which he quit than the fact that he actually did it.

I personnally think the sport is filled with Professional Quitters who give up all the time but are so good at it that they know how to make it look legit everytime. If Ortiz was smart he would have just stumbled getting up and then wobbled a little bit and the ref would have stopped it and all the ******s on this site wouldn't be calling him a quitter.

In my opinion, a complete non-effort like Kevin Johnson gave against Vitali Klitschko should be more damning to a fighter's reputation than them quitting in a fight they were getting battered in.
              call me crazy but the ortiz-maidana fight bears an uncanny similarity to nigen-Gerald fight. It was complete with rabbit punches from both sides, especially maidana. If victor ortiz didn't quit, he may not be able to talk today.

Do you get what I'm sayin?

Comment

And commenting on my previous post.

A great example of a professional quitter is Kermit Cintron. He quits so effortlessly and so seamlessly that nobody has been able to pin it on him for sure. Of course most people have wised up by now but the fact is that he will probably be on HBO again someday despite the fact that he has quit on himself numerous times in multthiple fashions.

Do you have any doubt that McClellan had a greater fighting heart than Kermit Cintron? I don't, I would say McClellan had 10 times the heart of Cintron who would have quit in the 2nd round against Benn in the same condition as McClellan was in.

Yet, if you go by the "video evidence" then it sure looks like Gerald is a quitter and Cintron is just an unlucky bastard.

The difference of course, as I said, Cintron is a professional quitter who can make it look like an accident everytime. McClellan was a real fighter who didn't know how to quit and make it look good.

Comment

call me crazy but the ortiz-maidana fight bears an uncanny similarity to nigen-Gerald fight. It was complete with rabbit punches from both sides, especially maidana. If victor ortiz didn't quit, he may not be able to talk today.

Do you get what I'm sayin?

Obviously I get what you are saying, read the other post I just made.

People are stupid, it was a great fight and they wanted a brutal ending. They can't just be satisfied that both Maidana and Ortiz took a beating that the average person will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    And commenting on my previous post.

A great example of a professional quitter is Kermit Cintron. He quits so effortlessly and so seamlessly that nobody has been able to pin it on him for sure. Of course most people have wised up by now but the fact is that he will probably be on HBO again someday despite the fact that he has quit on himself numerous times in multthiple fashions.

Do you have any doubt that McClellan had a greater fighting heart than Kermit Cintron? I don't, I would say McClellan had 10 times the heart of Cintron who would have quit in the 2nd round against Benn in the same condition as McClellan was in.

Yet, if you go by the "video evidence" then it sure looks like Gerald is a quitter and Cintron is just an unlucky bastard.

The difference of course, as I said, Cintron is a professional quitter who can make it look like an accident everytime. McClellan was a real fighter who didn't know how to quit and make it look good.
                    wow, you just hit the nail on the head. Amazing, green K sent.

Comment

Regarding the cintron issue here is my take on it:

Even for the cintron one, it was God's will( if you believe). An intresting point to note is that JUST BEFORE he jumped through the ropes Cintron had sent home a crushing right hand to williams jaw that had his knees turning to jelly.

Again no one on plannet earth knows what would have happened if cintron stayed 10 SECONDS longer in the ring.

In thew above scenario, can you really be absolutely positively 100% sure that NONE of the fighters would have sustained permanent damage?

Comment

Working...
                      X