Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
    You will never truly appreciate the danger of rabbit blows till you watch this fight. Some idiotic boxing fans think rabbit blows are just a joke.

Incompetent referees from england are largely responsible for this.

Remember the tactics ricky hatton was using against kostya tszyu?
    I was watching this fight earlier today( I hadn't re-watched it since it happened 5 years ago). If that fight would've been somewhere else other than Manchester, Ricky would've been DQ'd. He was completely allowed to repeatedly hit behind the head and below the belt, and basically was allowed to maul/mug KT the entire fight.

Comment

• Was a tragic event and I hope it never happens again.

I have nothing but respect for boxers inside the ring.

For some guy in an armchair to criticise a boxer for 'quitting' is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Kid View Post
        Was a tragic event and I hope it never happens again.

I have nothing but respect for boxers inside the ring.

For some guy in an armchair to criticise a boxer for 'quitting' is ridiculous.
        I wished he jumped out of the ring like kermit cintron at 3:00. I believe if he did that his nervous system would be preserved today.

This cannot be classified as quitting for obvious reasons.

Comment

• There is no double standard regarding the principle of spectator sports. In a very probable hypothetical situation where any fighter may very well die from a single received blow, every fighter entering the ring knows those potential risks. They proceed regardless of that due to money, they accept the risks of their physical health in trade for money. Money given by the spectators, and with that exchange comes expectations and requirements, for the fighter receiving the money from the audience means fighters have to uphold their end of the requirement of boxing. and that is to fight the full 12 rounds or until one can not fight anymore, anything less is akin to that of highway robbery and con artists.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbos View Post
            There is no double standard regarding the principle of spectator sports. In a very probable hypothetical situation where any fighter may very well die from a single received blow, every fighter entering the ring knows those potential risks. They proceed regardless of that due to money, they accept the risks of their physical health in trade for money. Money given by the spectators, and with that exchange comes expectations and requirements, for the fighter receiving the money from the audience means fighters have to uphold their end of the requirement of boxing. and that is to fight the full 12 rounds or until one can not fight anymore, anything less is akin to that of highway robbery and con artists.
            So lets stop calling ortiz a quitter then.

Lets stop making threads mocking him on NSB. I've just exposed NSB's double standards.

We can apply the same logic to professional stuntman Kermit Cintron.

We don't know what would have happened if he stayed in the ring 10 seconds longer.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-13-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

So lets stop calling ortiz a quitter then.

Lets stop making threads mocking him on NSB. I've just exposed NSB's double standards.
              was ortiz unable to continue against his own will, or was it his will to not continue? I say it was the former

Comment

was ortiz unable to continue against his own will, or was it his will to not continue? I say it was the former
                Ask victor ortiz. There is no way I can possibly answer that.

Comment

Ask victor ortiz. There is no way I can possibly answer that.
                  actually the answer is in the fight, and in his post fight interview. you probably missed all that...

look im not blaming victor for what he did, he made the intelligent decision for his own welfare, anyone would likely do the same.

however what he did was a direct violation to my spectator-sport principle, and it explains at least partially, why such actions are not condoned in such settings
                  Last edited by bbos; 06-13-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

actually the answer is in the fight, and in his post fight interview. you probably missed all that...

look im not blaming victor for what he did, he made the intelligent decision for his own welfare, anyone would likely do the same.

however what he did was a direct violation to my spectator-sport principle, and it explains at least partially, why such actions are not condoned in such settings
                    So gerald had NO to right to quit at 3:00?

If gerald quit at 3:00 his nervous system will still be preserved today.

He could have used the momentum of the rabbit blow, pivot of his left leg and launch himself out of the ring.

Of course Gerald was to sincere to think about these things. To sincire for his own good.
                    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-13-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      McClellan was a rare breed of fighter. One of the few who truly believed that he would rather die than lose.

I am saying the thought to quit, never once, not even for a second entered his mind. I am sure until the final moments he was thinking, "Something isn't right, I gotta knock this m*ther****er out and get out of here." I don't think he ever entertained the idea of quitting.

Cintron is the polar opposite.

He mentally folded against Margarito, collapsed in a bizarre scene after beating Feliciano, faked his way out of a knockout against Martinez and jumped out the ring against Williams.

Any one of those could be forgiven, but taken as a whole you'd have to be an idiot to think it's just a coincidence.

Just think about if that version of McClellan fought Cintron.... how long would it take Cintron's ass to pole vault out of the ring and into the 10th row?

Yes, exactly I see the point your trying to make.

Comment

Working...
                      X