No announcement yet.

whose competition was greater???...Cotto or floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    All of those guys have been knocked out, and they are all inferior in skill to Floyd, and Dlh would beat the ****e out of Cotto and Margarito at 154...
    man somebody smoking that good good..

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
      Number one in a division Floyd didn't fight with like marquez and Hatton. How could you miss that?

How could Judah be number one when he lost to Baldo?
      Its the same as pac morales. Judah was undisputed lineal champ and lost to baldo. fight with floyd was already signed. floyd beat zab (still IBF champ) and baldo(lineal chaamp).

Manny had fight signed with morales when he fought and lost to zahir raheem. manny fought morales.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        Number one in a division Floyd didn't fight with like marquez and Hatton. How could you miss that?
        True, but I was using the fighters ranking in "their" division, not necessarily the division that they fought at. For instance, Pacquiao was champion at 140 and fought Cotto at welterweight (actually 145), but I still gave Cotto credit for fighting a #1 opponent.

How could Judah be number one when he lost to Baldo?
        I didn't say Judah was number 1. Judah is bolded but not underlined, meaning he was ranked 2nd or 3rd. At the time of the fight, The Ring's WW rankings were:
        Champion: Baldomir
        1st contender: Margarito
        2nd contender: Judah

So Judah was ranked as the 3rd best WW at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
          I dont understand why people give so much credit to facing an opponant even when losing, it makes no sense... cotto "has" pac and tony? he lost to both... his resume reads L next to those names... burton fought the best but tht dont mean he has a great resume cos he lost to them all.... Mayweather fought Corrales, Castillo x2, Hernendez and the common opponants... I admit Cotto has a fantastic record but you guys give way too much credit for facing a guy and losing... I mean if your gunna count those names as looking great on his record then you have to count JMM looking great on floyds... its a huge name, dont matter if he was coming up weight classes... and besides shane did about the same so maybe JMM aint so bad as we thought.... Floyd also fought a Undefeated Hatton..
          i get your point................but lets be real............Cotto wasnt no burton.......hes no delahoya as well (chokes on some of his biggest fights).........if you have a consistent "grade A " competition youll win some annand loss some.......if youre really good youll win most...........................

Comment

yea Cotto hands down specially since he moved to 147 he faced all the top guys no ducking!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yeykax View Post
              yea Cotto hands down specially since he moved to 147 he faced all the top guys no ducking!!!
              mike jennings?

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                i think Cotto has the better competition.....................he really stepped it up the last 2 years while floyd just got lazy...............................
                cotto's resume at 147 blows floyd's out of the water.

Comment

what about his whole career which was the original thread question?

Comment

Let's not forget that besides Cotto's losses he has looked mediocre in some of the big wins as well, not to mention the NY gifts he's got in the past or stuff over looked in his fights because it was in NY. Floyd looks good in his wins and to me has fought a better level of fighters with wins where he looked great as opposed to Cotto's big resume of guys that aren't all quite Tier one guys and still looked vulnerable in one way or another (Hitting low on purpose, running and gassing) while Floyd is a master who rarely looks out of his element. Cotto lost every fight that could have got him the Mayweather fight anyway so it's his fault he never got the fight, if thats where this is going. Floyd is many classes above Cotto across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                      Let's not forget that besides Cotto's losses he has looked mediocre in some of the big wins as well, not to mention the NY gifts he's got in the past or stuff over looked in his fights because it was in NY. Floyd looks good in his wins and to me has fought a better level of fighters with wins where he looked great as opposed to Cotto's big resume of guys that aren't all quite Tier one guys and still looked vulnerable in one way or another (Hitting low on purpose, running and gassing) while Floyd is a master who rarely looks out of his element. Cotto lost every fight that could have got him the Mayweather fight anyway so it's his fault he never got the fight, if thats where this is going. Floyd is many classes above Cotto across the board.
                      looked good aginst catillo 1.....corley .....judah and oscar...............two can play that game.................................

Comment

Working...
                      X