Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev sets his sights on David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't they have to give free tickets away for the Barrett fight?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Yes, they gave 2x1 to fill out the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        I saw attendance for the Ruiz fight at around 16K or 18K depending on the site that reported it.
        You might be right there im not to sure to be perfectly honest the Men arena's capacity is 23k and I now it was sold out..

If it wasnt the 23k it would of been pretty close to it i reckon..

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          yer thats true, 2-1 i think.

That was the height of the crash though, everyone was mega skint and scared of spending anything. So they had to take drastic measures on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
            Pacquiao shouldn't sell because he's new to the WW division... oh wait. Haye was already an established boxer before moving up, it's not like he was a 0-0 fighter who just turned pro.

Exactly, the Valuev-Haye fight did well because of Valuev, casual fans that don't know Valuev sucks wanted to see the freak of nature, however against Ruiz Haye did much worse. Unlike the Klitschkos, who no matter who they fight always do huge numbers.
            Not the same Pac was a well known fighter before he moved to WW and had huge fights with future hall of famers. The same can't be said about haye ,and he also was fighting in one of least popular divisions......

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
              Not the same Pac was a well known fighter before he moved to WW and had huge fights with future hall of famers. The same can't be said about haye ,and he also was fighting in one of least popular divisions......
              Exactly.

If Haye were to beat a Klitschko, or even lose in a gallant fashion then his profile, and ticket sales would go through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                Haye was already a big name in Britain (the only place where he's a draw actually) before he went up to HW.

Comment

I've tried searching, but nothing came up - to refresh my memory, could someone find the earliest article in which Haye said he wanted to fight a top 10 HW in '08?

I think it would've been around September-ish (at least that's what I seem to remember from my days of lurking back then). There was like, 3 or 4 months of rabid speculation as to who he would fight - Chambers, Toney, Johnson all being mentioned - and eventually it turned out to be Barrett.

I'm in need of a good laff.

Comment

Bump. Do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X