• Show
Clear All

I might actually put a bet on Chagaev.

Comment

Let's hope this doesnt happen

But I dont blame Chagaev, I blame Haye for ducking Wladimir and Vitali

Comment

Originally posted by BermBomber View Post
        It does make me laugh how everyone on here seems to think that they know exactly what discussions have taken place between Klitschko and Haye's respective camps. Haye's been marked down as a bottlejob by everyone when I reckon that he's being shrewd and ensuring that he gets the best deal that he can.

I'll wager with anyone that Haye will fight a Klitschko this year.

As for Chagaev; do me a favour. Haye would knock him out.
        Delaying a fight doesn't translate to getting the best deal. There is only so much Haye can get from a Klitschko because he's not even a draw in his own country. Both Klitschkos pack arenas in Germany on a regular basis, so they will dictate the terms of the fight, not Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
          Delaying a fight doesn't translate to getting the best deal. There is only so much Haye can get from a Klitschko because he's not even a draw in his own country. Both Klitschkos pack arenas in Germany on a regular basis, so they will dictate the terms of the fight, not Haye.
          Haye is a massive draw in England. The box office figures for his fight against Valuev were up there with the best ever. He has also packed out every venue he has fought in over the past few years. He may not be a world name but he is very much the most popular boxer of the moment here in Britain.

Comment

Lol at the people predicting Haye to KO Chagaev. Haye couldn't even land consistently on Valuev who is about as stationary as it gets, and he's going to KO Chagaev, who has only been TKOd by Wladimir Klitschko and never been down in his pro and amateur careers (except against Wlad of course)? Give me a break Haye is the most overhyped and overrated HW in the world, of that there's no doubt.

Haye is a massive draw in England. The box office figures for his fight against Valuev were up there with the best ever. He has also packed out every venue he has fought in over the past few years. He may not be a world name but he is very much the most popular boxer of the moment here in Britain.
            How good were the figures against Ruiz? Oh, wait, they weren't released, I wonder why?

Comment

I'm not sure, I'd have to look back and research it, but I believe the reason was Valuev, he is the popular one. If I remember correctly I read somewhere that his fights did very poorly in Britain on TV and live gate.

Regardless, he has nowhere near the star power of a Klitschko in Germany.

Comment

For the record, though, I do think Haye would stop Chagaev. The latter is too slow, too short and too limited unless he puts loads of pressure on his man (his head movement being very good). Even Drumond and Meehan had their moments against him, and he looked pretty crap against both.

So eventually a wild looping hook or jab-straight from Haye would land, but annoyingly he'd probably spend 10 rounds looking gunshy and scared before unleashing anything meaningful. It's because of this that I've become bored by his style - it's all good and well to say "He brings so much excitement to the ring!", but what's the point when he only throws 10 punches a round and waits for ages to throw something big?

Exciting, my arse. Even Mayweather is more entertaining to watch. And for those who say Wladimir is boring, at least he fucking jabs! Haye doesn't even do that. :eyeroll:

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                  How good were the figures against Ruiz? Oh, wait, they weren't released, I wonder why?

Mate i was there he packed the m.e.n arena which has a capacity of 23,000
                  wasnt an empty sit in the house..

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                    Mate i was there he packed the m.e.n arena which has a capacity of 23,000
                    wasnt an empty sit in the house..
                    I was talking about the PPV figures, which weren't released, that usually is not a good indication. The Klitschkos laugh at 23.000 seats BTW. Wladimir had 60.000 and 50.000 people respectively in his last 2 fights.

Comment

and the valuev v haye sold 800,000 pay-per-view buys on Sky Box Office. & he sold out the The O2 Arena capacity — 23,000 when fighting enzo as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X