No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev sets his sights on David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    I was talking about the PPV figures, which weren't released, that usually is not a good indication. The Klitschkos laugh at 23.000 seats BTW. Wladimir had 60.000 and 50.000 people respectively in his last 2 fights.
    yeh their stadiums are huge they fight in. Biggest on I went to was Calzaghe Kessler that was around 55k.. It was madness.

Comment

Haye via TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
        and the valuev v haye sold 800,000 pay-per-view buys on Sky Box Office. & he sold out the The O2 Arena capacity — 23,000 when fighting enzo as well.
        Funny you have to repeat about the Valuev fight, it has already been mentioned. Stop ducking the point, that is the only HW fight of Haye that did close to what the Klitschkos do. The figures against Ruiz were not released, why?

The Klitschkos are much bigger draws than Haye.

Comment

Funny you have to repeat about the Valuev fight, it has already been mentioned. Stop ducking the point, that is the only HW fight of Haye that did close to what the Klitschkos do. The figures against Ruiz were not released, why?

yer i know I didnt say they wernt.. and what are you on about me repeating stuff.

There was a post that said haye doesnt do very well in england which is rubbish so i replied..

Comment

yer i know I didnt say they wernt.. and what are you on about me repeating stuff.

There was a post that said haye doesnt do very well in england which is rubbish so i replied..
            I would like to see a link that confirms 23K for a Haye fight in England. I am pretty sure that is at the very least a slight exaggeration.

I saw attendance for the Ruiz fight at around 16K or 18K depending on the site that reported it.

If that's the case it doesn't speak well about Haye that he grew 7K less fans to the Ruiz fight than he did for either the Valuev or Enzo fights.

Why such a sudden decline in popularity?

Comment

Haye is new to the heavyweight division, he hasn't been around for donkey's years like the brothers Grimm and of course the Valuev fight is going to be a bigger draw than Ruiz. First of all it was for a world title and secondly it was against the biggest freak of nature ever seen in the boxing world. A fight against a dull, past it 'Quiet Man' was never gonna cut it in comparison.
              Last edited by BermBomber; 05-26-2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Then we are in agreement.

Comment

There might have been a lot in the MEN that night, but you can bet it was nowhere near 23k paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    I would like to see a link that confirms 23K for a Haye fight in England. I am pretty sure that is at the very least a slight exaggeration.

I saw attendance for the Ruiz fight at around 16K or 18K depending on the site that reported it.

If that's the case it doesn't speak well about Haye that he grew 7K less fans to the Ruiz fight than he did for either the Valuev or Enzo fights.

Why such a sudden decline in popularity?
                    A mandatory defence is hardly the same as the Enzo vs Haye Battle of Britain and a fight on foreign soil against a freak of nature for a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by BermBomber View Post
                      Haye is new to the heavyweight division, he hasn't been around for donkey's years like the brothers Grimm and of course the Valuev fight is going to be a bigger draw than Ruiz. First of all it was for a world title and secondly it was against the biggest freak of nature ever seen in the boxing world. A fight against a dull, past it 'Quiet Man was never gonna cut it in comparison.
                      Pacquiao shouldn't sell because he's new to the WW division... oh wait. Haye was already an established boxer before moving up, it's not like he was a 0-0 fighter who just turned pro.

Exactly, the Valuev-Haye fight did well because of Valuev, casual fans that don't know Valuev sucks wanted to see the freak of nature, however against Ruiz Haye did much worse. Unlike the Klitschkos, who no matter who they fight always do huge numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X