Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the premier Boxing promotional company ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
    Says a Pac fan.

Goldenboy have killed off a lot of sharks in the boxing game and they deserve credit for that. Boxers are the best to advise other boxers and thats a great thing Goldenboy created.

I don't want some fat failed journalist or Hollywood producer or gangster looking after me if I'm a boxer.

The onlyu ones to trust are other successful boxers. What better way to continue your career than to nurture successful talent?
    Wow great first line, I just stopped reading there. Because, you my friend are to astute for me.

Comment

DiBella Entertainment is by far the best promotional company in the sport.

Lou puts his guys in harms way on a regular basis. Real risks = real opportunity. He doesnt protect his fighters or set his guys up to fights bums and line his pockets.

Bob Arum cashes in on having his guys fight each other in **** matchups, like the recent one that nearly put the brakes on Manny's rise to superstardom. Oscar spends all day trying to groom prettyboys into Oscar juniors until they get exposed instead of signing guys based on their boxing abilities.

Martinezs first three US fights were against Cintron, Williams, and Pavlik. Malignaggi faced Hatton, Diaz x2, and Khan in a year-and-a-half span.

He gives his guys the real chance to make something of themselves, and he supports them when they come up short. Lou's the best there is.
      Last edited by paulf; 05-24-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
        Tell me why Arum is better than GBP.
        Top Rank is better cuz of Bruce Trampler.

And, becasue they still showcase their fighters without TV money or dates.

Comment

golden boy. arum is a crooked sheister hes banned from ever promoting in arizona forever because of bribing officials.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            Top Rank

3. Has a deal with the regular TV stations with their Top Rank live series, so many boxers in their stable are getting exposure by being on free tv. GBP does have a deal as well, but they don't have as many dates and there series aren't good and done well at all. Top Rank live does 3-4 dates per month it seems.
            The FSN fights suck. Either they don't come on or they aren't live. When they do come on live some stupid womens basketball game cuts in to the first fight. What about the Soto fight, when they last few rounds weren't even aired because network malfunction. Gbp Solo de Boxeo is alright, but their Fight Night Club on fsn hardly ever airs either.

Comment

Name me one young fighter that you can look at and say "damn GBP did a good job building this guys from nothing into a star". Please let me know because I will be waiting.

Also don't you see a trend here in the sense that Arum is the guy behind all these guys becoming stars in boxing. I mean the gap in producing stars as compared to other companies is so wide it's not even funny (in the past decade). I'm not talking about getting a guy who is already a establish fighter in the sport like a Hopkins, Mosley, Marquez etc, but taking a young unknown fighter and making him a star.
              I have said multiple times on here TR does a better job with young prospects and GBP does a better job with establish fighters.

Which promoter makes more money? Which promoter puts together better cards from top to bottom? Which promoter pays their boxers the most? Khan makes more fighting on HBO than a lot of the "stars" on TR, lol. All those guys you mentioned would still be stars without Arum. Tell me why Mayweather, DLH, and other boxers made more money after they left Arum and became bigger stars. Arum was actually holding back Floyd from become the star he wanted to be.

Come back to me when Canelo and Frankie Gomez become stars. Don't give Arum credit for Jose Benavidez because the credit should go to his dad and Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Top Rank is better cuz of Bruce Trampler.

And, becasue they still showcase their fighters without TV money or dates.
                He's a good match maker.

The majority of those shows are ****, lol.

Which promoter puts together better cards on HBO and PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by joeyg512 View Post
                  The FSN fights suck. Either they don't come on or they aren't live. When they do come on live some stupid womens basketball game cuts in to the first fight. What about the Soto fight, when they last few rounds weren't even aired because network malfunction. Gbp Solo de Boxeo is alright, but their Fight Night Club on fsn hardly ever airs either.
                  I admit the Soto vs Domiguez fight was bull**** as far as ****ty coverage and it cutting off after the 3rd round. Not to make excuses, but that was a one time thing and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                    He's a good match maker.

The majority of those shows are ****, lol.

Which promoter puts together better cards on HBO and PPV?
                    He is not a good matchmaker he is a great matchmaker. The best in the business.

GBP has a better relationship with HBO and get more dates more money. Lets face Greenburg is GBP and Al Haymon puppet. But, that is the sole reason why HBO is not getting in return what they put in. And, that is why they cut 15mil from their boxing budget.

You say those shows are ****. But, you fail to realize that is Top Rank going to their pocket and producing those shows. There is a reason that other promoters including Golden Boy don't do that. Because, you don't always get a return in your investment and lose money.

And, you know damn well that is the truth. And, Top Rank does not do it to make money. They do it to keep their fighters in the boxing public eye and to keep them active. While other promotional companies including Golden Boy would sit there fighters until they get TV dates and TV money.

Comment

Name me one young fighter that you can look at and say "damn GBP did a good job building this guys from nothing into a star". Please let me know because I will be waiting.

Also don't you see a trend here in the sense that Arum is the guy behind all these guys becoming stars in boxing. I mean the gap in producing stars as compared to other companies is so wide it's not even funny (in the past decade). I'm not talking about getting a guy who is already a establish fighter in the sport like a Hopkins, Mosley, Marquez etc, but taking a young unknown fighter and making him a star.

Damn if you can look at my list that I posted earlier and still ask this question, I really don't know what else to tell you.
                      Top Rank has been going 37 years now. De La Hoya has been working for 9 years and is looking to kick sharks like Arum out of the game.

To stop professional boxers careers fall apart due to stupid vices and provide a good atmosphere of peer management for its partners, which include folks like Lou DiBella.

Its fighting for a change and its coming fast thats why Top Rank is fighting for space on a chatroom board.

Death to the crooks and cheats!

Comment

Working...
                      X