Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the premier Boxing promotional company ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    Top Rank

1. can put their own ppv's together...no one else can do this

2. is networking with major venues in the U.S. and bringing boxing to different spots such as Cowboys Stadium, Yankees stadium and soon to be Giants Stadium and possible Azteca Stadium

3. Has a deal with the regular TV stations with their Top Rank live series, so many boxers in their stable are getting exposure by being on free tv. GBP does have a deal as well, but they don't have as many dates and there series aren't good and done well at all. Top Rank live does 3-4 dates per month it seems.

4. Nobody builds fighters and prospects like Top Rank. They got everyone beat in this category by a country mile. Don't believe me, look at the way they brought guys like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Oscar, Margarito, Pavlik, Morales and others along. Now compare that to GBP and how they handled B-hop, Shane, Victor Ortiz and other fighters. Also GBP has yet to build a prospect into a star and usually get guys who already have big names in the sport.

5. Nobody handles co-promotions like they do with foreign fighters. If you want to make a name for yourself in the U.S......Top Rank is the place to go. Don't believe me, watch as Gamboa and Solis become big stars (if they work hard that is) in the U.S.

I mean I can go on but, I think you get the point. FWIW I will say that GBP does have a good deal with HBO and the MGM grand, but Top Rank can get dates just as quick as them and they have never had issues getting Vegas dates, making that little advantage not that much of a big deal with comparing the two.
    You are a helluva employee and great salesman!

Top Rank is lucky to have you.

Comment

Golden Boy is good with promoting a fight. And, that is all. They're ruining boxing on HBO. But, is not their fault. It is dumbass Greenburg giving them blind dates like a moron ughhhhhhhh

Top Rank keeps their fighters active and out there in the public. They don't need TV money to do so. Golden Boy does.

Top Rank>Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
        Top Rank is essentially like UFC or WWE they only fight each other and Bob will only put his guys in with each other and everytime he dares let his guys fight outside that arrangement they lose...Thus it's hard to take them serious at all. When the biggest point in the promotions company is duping the fans into watching these guys fight each other so that the owner who does nothing other than collect the money from the fans the fighters and everyone else is there only motivation, then he becomes Vince mcmahon or Dana White.
        That is a damn lie STFU since you do not know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          Quite frankly I am blown away by how many people have picked GBP to be the top banner when in actuality it's Top Rank who has the stable of talent that is breaking record numbers.

GBP has recycled too much of their thoroughbreds (i.e. Mosley/Hopkins) and has been a detriment to their up and comers with their risky match making (i.e Victor Ortiz).
          They only picking GBP cuz they don't like Arum on a personal reason. And, they buy into that fake ass image that GBP have.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
            Explain why you think such and such company is leading the way ?

Golden Boy...

But i think top rank has a better stable.
            Last edited by Gutz; 05-24-2010, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              They only picking GBP cuz they don't like Arum on a personal reason. And, they buy into that fake ass image that GBP have.
              Says a Pac fan.

Goldenboy have killed off a lot of sharks in the boxing game and they deserve credit for that. Boxers are the best to advise other boxers and thats a great thing Goldenboy created.

I don't want some fat failed journalist or Hollywood producer or gangster looking after me if I'm a boxer.

The onlyu ones to trust are other successful boxers. What better way to continue your career than to nurture successful talent?

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                Top Rank

1. can put their own ppv's together...no one else can do this

2. is networking with major venues in the U.S. and bringing boxing to different spots such as Cowboys Stadium, Yankees stadium and soon to be Giants Stadium and possible Azteca Stadium

3. Has a deal with the regular TV stations with their Top Rank live series, so many boxers in their stable are getting exposure by being on free tv. GBP does have a deal as well, but they don't have as many dates and there series aren't good and done well at all. Top Rank live does 3-4 dates per month it seems.

4. Nobody builds fighters and prospects like Top Rank. They got everyone beat in this category by a country mile. Don't believe me, look at the way they brought guys like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Oscar, Margarito, Pavlik, Morales and others along. Now compare that to GBP and how they handled B-hop, Shane, Victor Ortiz and other fighters. Also GBP has yet to build a prospect into a star and usually get guys who already have big names in the sport.

5. Nobody handles co-promotions like they do with foreign fighters. If you want to make a name for yourself in the U.S......Top Rank is the place to go. Don't believe me, watch as Gamboa and Solis become big stars (if they work hard that is) in the U.S.

I mean I can go on but, I think you get the point. FWIW I will say that GBP does have a good deal with HBO and the MGM grand, but Top Rank can get dates just as quick as them and they have never had issues getting Vegas dates, making that little advantage not that much of a big deal with comparing the two.
                LOL! The only thing Arum has over DLH is Arum is very careful with his young fighters while GBP gives their fighters risk and let's them make a name for themselves.

Stop giving Arum all the credit for building young fighters because guys like EK, Mayweather, DLH, etc. would've been successful without Arum. Why did Mayweather, DLH, and other fighters make more money and became bigger stars after they left Arum?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Tell me why Arum is better than GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                    Top Rank is essentially like UFC or WWE they only fight each other and Bob will only put his guys in with each other and everytime he dares let his guys fight outside that arrangement they lose...Thus it's hard to take them serious at all. When the biggest point in the promotions company is duping the fans into watching these guys fight each other so that the owner who does nothing other than collect the money from the fans the fighters and everyone else is there only motivation, then he becomes Vince mcmahon or Dana White.
                    This is a very "ignorant" comment. All those stars I mentioned have fought great fighters from other companies on their way to stardom. To say they only fight each other (top rank fighters) has got to be the dumbest comments I have ever seen. GBP has just as many in house fighters as Top Rank, and that's a fact. Everyone does it, yet you single out top rank....smh

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                      LOL! The only thing Arum has over DLH is Arum is very careful with his young fighters while GBP gives their fighters risk and let's them make a name for themselves.

Stop giving Arum all the credit for building young fighters because guys like EK, Mayweather, DLH, etc. would've been successful without Arum. Why did Mayweather, DLH, and other fighters make more money and became bigger stars after they left Arum?

Name me one young fighter that you can look at and say "damn GBP did a good job building this guys from nothing into a star". Please let me know because I will be waiting.

Also don't you see a trend here in the sense that Arum is the guy behind all these guys becoming stars in boxing. I mean the gap in producing stars as compared to other companies is so wide it's not even funny (in the past decade). I'm not talking about getting a guy who is already a establish fighter in the sport like a Hopkins, Mosley, Marquez etc, but taking a young unknown fighter and making him a star.

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                      Tell me why Arum is better than GBP.

Damn if you can look at my list that I posted earlier and still ask this question, I really don't know what else to tell you.
                      Last edited by Khalid X; 05-24-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X