Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the premier Boxing promotional company ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
    What makes you think that ?
    because of how he pimped Marquez, how he handled b-hop, shane, and winky, and various other things he has done. Dude I **** you not, I was hoping Oscar was the guy that would change the way boxers were getting payed and actually turn things around in boxing. I thought that since he was a former boxer and knew the struggle a fighter has to go through, that he would be different from everyone else. I'm slowly starting to see he is worst than these guys and actually the only guys I see eating over there are the big name fighters and people that were already establish stars in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      bro he just signed with them recently. Give them some time because he was suppose to be in their with Pavlik later this year until the Martinez beating occured...lol
      LOL we're talking about Winky "Fcking" Wright here I'm pretty sure TR won't get a date for him because Winky thinks his on the level of DLH,Pac,Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
        because of how he pimped Marquez, how he handled b-hop, shane, and winky, and various other things he has done. Dude I **** you not, I was hoping Oscar was the guy that would change the way boxers were getting payed and actually turn things around in boxing. I thought that since he was a former boxer and knew the struggle a fighter has to go through, that he would be different from everyone else. I'm slowly starting to see he is worst than these guys and actually the only guys I see eating over there are the big name fighters and people that were already establish stars in boxing.
        Still, you think he goes around bribing judges like Arum and King?

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
          Actually it is ******, Pavlik & Margorito were the cash cows before Manny and they both got smoked the second they stepped out of the Top rank web, Cotto was as well until Bob forgot to tell Margorito to do as he did Clottey and not fight to win. Then Cotto is spoon fed a bum and a fixed fight by Bob just so he can feed the mentally broken and damaged lamb to the slaughter and even insists that Cotto fight at a catch weight for the paper belt to hand to manny and then Bob sides with Margorito over the Cotto fight even more while still hoping Cotto can bring out the PR fans to his next fight with a guy alot bigger than him at a new weight. Arum is a snake oil salesmen period. Also, the reason they build prospects is because they don't fight any real fights until there bigger names and then they lose. GBP atleast puts there guys in fights, Ortiz was a big prospect and they put him in a tough fight with a guy that had the tools to make it a fight and was just as capable as exploiting Ortiz's weakness as he was at exposing Maidans, unfortunately for GBP Maidana can actually punch very hard and Ortiz wasn't prepared for that. Top rank however takes the Freddie Roach K.Bros approach of assuring that the fighters they face are lacking in some category that will allow them to make there fighters look good while presenting no actual challenge. Plus they offer all these cutrate Latin Fury Pinoy Power as PPV's and then host EVENTS with there main fighter fighting an unranked jorneymen stable fighter that clealry had no intentions of winning the fight and Manny still lands at 20%...it's an outrage that they even are considered part of the sport, they should just create there own titles and fight in there own little Top rank league.

you ever heard of paragraphs?

with that said, GBP has just as many in house fights as Top Rank. Again Cotto, Margarito, Morales, Mayweather and even Oscar himself fought guys were apart of other promotional companies on their way to stardom.

Comment

Originally posted by SalSanchez View Post
            LOL we're talking about Winky "Fcking" Wright here I'm pretty sure TR won't get a date for him because Winky thinks his on the level of DLH,Pac,Floyd.
            Well that is a problem and I agree with you bro. The thing is Top Rank has to find some match-ups for him which may prove to be difficult due to him thinking he is more than he is worth, the MW division being garbage and the top 168lbs being tied up with the super six tourney

Only fights I can think of for Winky right now are:

Pavlik fight at 168
            Bute fight at 168
            Dawson fight at 175
            and if Dirrell get eliminated (which I predict will happen), maybe a fight with him.

It's just a waiting game right now, and look for winky to have a great fight by the end of this year or maybe early next year.

Comment

From wiki:
              "In 1994, he (Bob Arum) was involved with John Daly for the High Noon in Hong Kong boxing event. The fights were called off at the last minute when Barry Hearn withdrew his fighters as no purses were forthcoming. John Daly blamed Arum when he said, "I've tried desperately to convince my partners to keep the faith. I offered them as much security as I could but it was not quite good enough. It seems I was ready to take the shots, but Mr Arum wasn't."[2]

He has been involved in a forty year feud with Don King, who once called him a "rat fink" in 2000 for admitting during a federal trial that he bribed the International Boxing Federation president in order to gain a more favorable rating for one of his fighters. [1] [2]

He was penalized $125,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in 1995 for a bribe to get one of his fights sanctioned.

In 2003, Arum complained about the judging in the September 13 bout between Oscar De La Hoya and Sugar Shane Mosley and suggested there was a vendetta against him from a member of the Nevada State Commission that led to DeLa Hoya's loss. Arum later apologized for the remark which commission chairman Luther Mack accepted. [3]

On the first week of January 2004, FBI agents raided Arum's Top Rank office in Las Vegas. Arum was on vacation when his office was raided, and the FBI originally declined to comment on the raid. The media reported that the FBI was investigating allegations that Top Rank was involved in fixing the rematch between de la Hoya and Shane Mosley, even though De La Hoya lost and Arum was De La Hoya's promoter. The federal agency also announced that it was investigating some of Eric Esch's fights, as well as the Jorge Páez-Verdell Smith fight. The investigation closed in the summer of 2006 with no charges being filed...."
              ...and the list goes on so tell me is Oscar bribing folk like Bob amd pulling his boxers out of fights or is he cleaner than that and has that cleaned up the game?

Comment

Still no response from Top Rank fans...

Comment

A few year's back I would have said Top Rank but GBP has taken over clearly.They get good fights for their fighters and have really good undercards for their PPVS.I got to go with GBP.

Comment

Working...
                  X