Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO releases official Mayweather-Mosley nums: 1.4 Million buys, $78 Million revenues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news. I bet the PPV numbers would be even bigger if the price was the usual $49 instead of $59. How much did you have to put down for the Pacquiao-Cotto fight again?

Comment

Originally posted by restless_438 View Post
      umm... a good pairing of two quality fighters proves to be a pay-per-view draw,

cause no casual fan could possibly know Shane Mosley, right?
      How many PPV's did Mosley-Margarito sell?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
        Great news. I bet the PPV numbers would be even bigger if the price was the usual $49 instead of $59. How much did you have to put down for the Pacquiao-Cotto fight again?
        I'm sure that someone at HBO has run a price elasticity curve. I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
          How many PPV's did Mosley-Margarito sell?

Thanks in advance.

An even better question would have been what was Mosley vs. Margarito ratings that night compared to the other **** that was on tv that night? Cause if they had low ratings then that really speaks volumes.

I actually thought the numbers would be higher. I know I bought the fight and won over 100K in points!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
            Mosley is an A-side boxer? Mosley sold millions of PPVs on his own card being the A-side boxer?

The fact is Mosley is a good fighter with a small hardcore fan base and he's not a PPV draw.
            Mosley doesn't have to be an incredible draw, but a lot of people bought the PPV on the merit of the fight itself. Of course Mayweather is the A-side, but I don't think you could've put Andre Berto or Joshua Clottey there and it still sell 1.4 Mill buys. Mosley was billed as Floyd's toughest opponent and along with the 24/7, press tours, the history between both fighters, etc, it was more than just Floyd selling the fight. Everyone from GBP to Roger to Naazim and Shane all had a part in helping sell the event. It was a great Good Guy vs Bad Guy scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
              I'm sure that someone at HBO has run a price elasticity curve. I know I would.
              I dont know what you all are talking about but asking price I paid was $54.99 just like pac cotto

Comment

If it did 78 million how did Floyd get a 40 million cut? Doesn't the PPV provider take half the money already? Didn't MOsley get a small cut of the PPV too? What about the promoters, how much money do they get from those 78 million?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  Pac vs Cotto was $54.99

Floyd vs Mosley around my way was $54,99 too

Most Big Boxing PPVs (in the States) are $54.99-$59.99

I've never seen a $49 PPV truthfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                    If it did 78 million how did Floyd get a 40 million cut? Doesn't the PPV provider take half the money already? Didn't MOsley get a small cut of the PPV too? What about the promoters, how much money do they get from those 78 million?
                    Sponsors

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                      Nobody really knows the exact cut each guy got. First I hear Floyd was getting $40 mill, then I hear it's only $22 mill purse, then I hear $17 mill purse.

The only ones that know fully are GBP's and Mayweather's accountants.

Comment

Working...
                      X