Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the main reason some people hate the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    They are just ugh. Not fun to watch at all. Boring, methodical and predictable.
    You're saying he's like Mayweather?

No, he KOs smaller opponents like Chambers (Floyd couldn't stop JMM) and KOs older opponents like Ray Mercer (Floyd couldn't stop Mosley).

He's much more fun to watch - a KO can happen at any moment when Wlad fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
      You're saying he's like Mayweather?

No, he KOs smaller opponents like Chambers (Floyd couldn't stop JMM) and KOs older opponents like Ray Mercer (Floyd couldn't stop Mosley).

He's much more fun to watch - a KO can happen at any moment when Wlad fights!
      Tunney Mayweather is 5-9 with glass hands. He does not have one punch KO power and hes not 6-6, 245 Pounds of pure muscle. No excuse for Wlad to fight like that. It works for him. More power to him but it doesnt mean I have to like it.

"You're a big man, fight like one dammit"

---Manny Steward to Wlad in the corner

Comment

dont like them because they arent exciting, they dont fight true fighters(only top ten never number 1 contenders) and they pick and choose the victory they want never against top opposition though

Comment

People disliking the Klitschkos, were you a fan of Lennox?

Comment

Wlad wasn't cautious against Chambers, he was chasing him around the ring much of the fight.
            He was cautious in that he didn't seem to want to let his punches go in the same way as he did against Chagaev (which was a true masterpiece IMO), and even Steward said so in the corner. Chambers was there to be hit and standing still half the time, and all it would've taken was a jab-straight right and he would've been out of there much earlier.

There was no apparently reason for Wlad to wait 12 rounds to KO his man.

Why does Wladimir receive no credit?
            Where hasn't he received credit? He got the spectacular KO, but it was a long wait. Some would've just wanted it sooner, and understandably so. I give him all the credit in the world for what he does in the ring, but at the same time I reserve the right to criticise him as well if he does something wrong - it's what's called being objective.

Why are Floyd's defensive decision wins "masterpieces" while Wlad's domination and KOs of his opponents "not impressive"?
            Mayweather is regularly criticised for his defensive-minded style, just like Wlad. Mayweather probably more so, because he doesn't regularly get stylish KOs in the same way that Wlad does (eventually). Like I said, the Chagaev fight was a masterpiece in my view.

There IS a double standard based on race, and Mayweather/Wlad is the perfect example.
            No, you are making it a double standard by bringing it up in the first place. You're imagining things that simply aren't there.

If the Klitschkos were black and American but exactly the same in every other way, they would be loved by the American media and become very famous.
            Every HW in history has been criticised in some way, from Ali to Holmes. Your attempts to make Wlad come across as some victimised foreigner are ridiculous, considering he is popular all over the world.

Some people like him, some people don't. Some people like Mayweather, some people don't. Some people like Pacquiao, some people don't. Accept it. Race has nothing to do with it. It's called personal preference.

Race may not be a factor in the way I judge others, but it clearly is very important to other people.
            More like, it's important to you that it's important to other people. Otherwise, nobody would give a damn. Only you.

Why with such a size advantage couldn't Floyd KO old Marquez?
            Maybe he didn't want to, and preferred to get some rounds under his belt after a long absence. There could be lots of reasons he didn't have him out of there. This isn't about Mayweather, though.

Why such a cautious fight by Floyd?
            Why such a cautious fight by Wlad?

But if I criticize Floyd, I'll be called a racist.
            If I criticise Wlad, I'll be called a racist.

This ain't working, Tuns.

Comment

I used to dislike the K brothers but someone made a post saying something along the lines of ''it's up to the competition to make it an interesting fight'' which is true. I now respect them, I have a degree of pity for them too in the sense that the division isn't good enough for them to prove themselves in history.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Tunney Mayweather is 5-9 with glass hands. He does not have one punch KO power and hes not 6-6, 245 Pounds of pure muscle. No excuse for Wlad to fight like that. It works for him. More power to him but it doesnt mean I have to like it.

"You're a big man, fight like one dammit"

---Manny Steward to Wlad in the corner
                "boxing is about hitting and not get hit"

---Burner

Comment

they are boring

Comment

Why do you find Mayweather's defense-first style EXCITING and Wladimir boring?

For the sake of wanting to be "politically correct"? Because that's what Teddy Atlas tells you to think?
                    Mayweather's running and potshotting is not exciting at all....

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
                      Mayweather's running and potshotting is not exciting at all....
                      It's all persona preference at the end of the day. What might seem boring to one person is exciting to another. It's all good. Every boxer on here get's a bunch of hate. It is what it is....

Comment

Working...
                      X