Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley: Retirement Not Out of The Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with what someone said earlier, go after Berto. Mosely can handle berto with ease IMO

Comment

Mosley should continue fighting! His better than every one in wealter and below except for two!

Comment

Mosley should at least beat Zab Judah before he retires if that idiot can avoid the shower door.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfaze19 View Post
          damn the sport of boxing is cruel, no love whatsoever. just 2 days ago, mosley was back in his prime and the biggest threat to to the number 2 p4p champ, now after 1 loss, he should retire ? damn, wheres the love. shane is still a great fighter and still the champ at 147, he kept the belt.

mosley is a problem for berto, cotto,clottey,quintana and paul williams, why should he retire, theres pleny opponents he could whoop on
          I agree.... We as boxing fans ultimately doom our sport with such high expectations of our fighters. A loss is just a loss. Sure, Floyd made him look bad, but he makes everyone he faces look bad. With the exception of Pac/Floyd, Shane can handle the whole welterweight division any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
            He needs to retire, he looked every bit his age last night.
            I think he has enough to beat Berto or Clottey.Then retire.

Comment

Here are some of my own quotes...

My own quotes. These are adressed to all the people I argued with about Mosley-mayweather.

Originally posted by tourlou82 View Post
              Floyd has been saying it all along : there is a blue print to beat Shane.

Simple : outbox him. Shane has no jab, and he struggled with all the men who elected to box him.

Best examples : Cotto, DLH II, Forrest. He didn't adjust for **** in the fights against Cotto and DLH II. He just put the pressure, trying to get to his opponent, and he eventually did towards the end of both fights. This is no adjustment. When you box Shane, you confuse him.
              If Floyd was still fighting like he did in the lower weight classes, he would definitely get more kos. When he was exchanging and letting both hands go, he was one hell of a dangerous fighter.

But stopping Shane now ? I don't think so. Ellerbe is just hyping up the fight.
              Floyd UD
              Floyd couldn't ko a blown up lightweight he put on his ass and he's going to ko Mosley ?

If I had enough points, I would take this bet for sure.
              I do believe Floyd thinks he can and wants to stop Shane.

Now let's see if he can.
              Floyd is better not stop Shane cause then it is crystal clear everybody will say Shane was shot because it never happened before...
              Stop Floyd ? Yeah right.

I'll take a 15 to 20 K bet anyone interested PM me, Floyd wins, and wins big.
              I like Mosley, but I can't see how he can win this fight. He better have one hell of a strategy to pierce that defense.
              Floyd doesn'T run in all of his fights. In the lower weight classes, he was the aggressor a lot of times or at least keeping his ground. At WW, he put the pressure on Judah. But ran from DLH, Hatton, the guy who beat Judah,...

I don't think he will run from Mosley like he did with DLH. Just an opinion, no uproar needed.[/QUOTE]

The question is not if Mayweather will win, it is whether it will be an easy win or a difficult one.

I believe Floyd will dominate Shane.
              I think it is pretty accurate after all

Comment

Originally posted by crazy vic View Post
                hes still the wba champ aint he?

yeap, he still the champ, and if you notice yesterday in the fight he got to the ring before Mayweather, so the title wasnt on the line. he wont retire, he might to try and have a crack at Berto, they fight was there but never happened.

Comment

if he continues he have to move up 154. I remember on that last episode of 24/7 the ost people come & he didn't want to drink water b/c he was scared he wouldn't make wieght. Then at the wiegh in he looked dry (i took it ass floyd was just greased up so he looked dry next to him). Then in the locker room he was still dry. He can go atfer a cotto rematch.

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if Shane would be exercising his rematch clause, especially if talks w/ Manny gets shaky. Just too much money to let go but not as blockbuster as the first. Having been in mega fights before, I was very surprised at why Shane, after rocking Floyd in the second round, all of a sudden was very cautious. But credit Floyd for surviving the onslaught and adjusting to let the fight go his way.
                    If Shane does get to fight Floyd again, I believe he needs to get a better trainer and fight him pronto cause age is fast catching up on him. Get Roach to work on your side. If he beats Floyd on the second chance, no better way to close your career w/ a win over Floyd. "How sweet it is." Thats just my opinion

Comment

Shame Mosley please retire........we all know that it was a fixed fight!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X