Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A valero fight could've drawn more than the clottey.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at 140 it's obvious it would do way better then Clottey. reason Arum didn't do it is because he was hyping Valero and Manny would have exposed and ruined his career

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      like NAT said, it would have been a brutal 4 rounds until PAC puts him to sleep
      I think it would have been a hagler-hearns type of brawl, with the much superior fighter coming out on top in spectacular form.

Man, what a shame, it would have been awesome.

Comment

he was planning on it. Arum said he wanted him to fight one or two times at 140 before fighting pac.

Remember Valero just left 135 pounds in Feb.

The plan was to get Valero a little more exposure, on Showtime or HBO again, then fight Pac.
        ahhh.okay.

Comment

Wow, who voted no?

Comment

Actually **** Bob Arum for not making this fight, Pacquiao could even have had it in the Phillipines.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
              Wow, who voted no?
              Joshua Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                Joshua Clottey.
                Never heard of him...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  I think it would have been a hagler-hearns type of brawl, with the much superior fighter coming out on top in spectacular form.

Man, what a shame, it would have been awesome.

two southpaws swinging for the fences? man that would have been fun to watch

Comment

I hate Arum a lot but i think it would have been stupid for him too throw in possibly his next big fighter after Pac and see him get destroyed. Valero was what only 27-28 when he died? Maybe after he improved a bit had a few more fights under his belt.

Comment

Valero was licensed in Texas, the problem was they wouldn't give him a visa. That would have been a great lightweight fight Pacquiao would win in 5, but both would **** each other up.
                      like NAT said, it would have been a brutal 4 rounds until PAC puts him to sleep
                      i personally think valero can beat the pac at 135 and below.
                      and if they really have fought, i guess there won't be as many punches as we expected.
                      1 combo would be enough to put each one to sleep. or even just a giant left from pac. pac footspeed and angles would be again his advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X