Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A valero fight could've drawn more than the clottey.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A valero fight could've drawn more than the clottey.

may he rest in peace.probably a million.
    and i guess 24/7 would be present. and its on a catchweight.
    YES
    77.78%
    NO
    5.56%
    Probably the same.
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

stupid question, of course he would have. 27-0 with 27 KO's. That alone sells. Add to that Valero had already gotten some good US media exposure due to his 100% KO ratio and his interesting story.

Valero vs Pac would have done 1 Million buys.

And just for fun, I think it would have been a 4 round WAR, pure carnage and pure excitement until Pac KO's him.

Comment

then why didn't arum allow it to happen?

Comment

Valero, undefeated, all KOs starting to gain some momentum in the states, fairly known outside the US though.. Reputation as an exciting fighter..

Yeah i think that fight would have done more than Manny vs Clottey...

I think they planned to have a manny vs edwin fight at some point, but they wanted Valero to simmer a bit and gain a larger fanbase...

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          then why didn't arum allow it to happen?
          he was planning on it. Arum said he wanted him to fight one or two times at 140 before fighting pac.

Remember Valero just left 135 pounds in Feb.

The plan was to get Valero a little more exposure, on Showtime or HBO again, then fight Pac.

Comment

To protect one of his most promising fighters Valero? could Valero even fight in USA at that stage. I also think he was protecting Pac a bit to fight Floyd later down the line, Clottey is a big tough durable WW but i didn't see what he could do to beat Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
              To protect one of his most promising fighters Valero? could Valero even fight in USA at that stage.
              He could fight in Texas, however he still hadn't resolved his visa problem, so that was one road block but one that would have eventually been resolved (this of course, one would have to pretend Valero wouldn't get into any more trouble ).

Comment

Valero was licensed in Texas, the problem was they wouldn't give him a visa. That would have been a great lightweight fight Pacquiao would win in 5, but both would **** each other up.

Comment

like NAT said, it would have been a brutal 4 rounds until PAC puts him to sleep

Comment

this fight would've been a classic

Comment

Working...
                    X