Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather right now is a bigger draw than Oscar ever was.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.75 Million

You heard it hear 1st

Comment

Guys, I can't really figure it out either. But for whatever reason, the dude just sells. And sells big.

An African-American welterweight with a surly attitude and a technical fight style should not be moving these kinds of digits.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        so you have to buy it.
        Nah man, I never buy any Flyod fights, same with several guys I talked to that bought Flyods previous ppv. Its not worth it, Flyod doesnt care about making a showdown, but instead he is contented of throwing least possible shots and spent more time running backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Lets be honest here, the guy right now is a bigger draw than Oscar ever was. Oscar had PPV's that drew **** unless they were against the biggest stars. Floyd even against an average opponent right now would do far better than what Oscar would of done. DLH may have the all time sales because his career popularity started far before Floyds due to his Olympic run but right now Floyd's popularity tops any peak that DLH had. Saturdays fight is comparable to Tito/DLH which did 1.4 million and everyone expect Floyd/Shane to go above that.
          pardon me for going off topic, but those are so fine feet. who's the chick?

Comment

LMAO....

Check fails in the sense that he ignores the power of 24/7 propaganda to help Buttweather sell his ******ity.

If Oscar had the benefit of a 4 week prefight propaganda campaign he would've sold 5 million ppvs.

Without the help of HBO and their marketing muscle, Buttweather would never even crack 500k.

Lets be honest here.

The reason 24/7 was invented was to make the guy "interesting".

Cuz' his fighting style never delivered in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
              Guys, I can't really figure it out either. But for whatever reason, the dude just sells. And sells big.

An African-American welterweight with a surly attitude and a technical fight style should not be moving these kinds of digits.
              Yeah, just like when The Jersey Shore's tv ratings came out. Just prior to the Jersey Shore premier, and having seen the trailers for it, I was thinkin , this f**kin' show is gonna flop, lo and behold.

We already know that controversy sells, but Phony Boy, is just that, Phony. It's just bad acting all the way through and people are hoppin' on it. It's a weird phenomenon.

Comment

I think right now you can definetly compare them for drawing power and star power from when Oscar was a huge star... I hear people talk about Floyd IMO even more then they did Oscar back in his prime, let's just be honest... they talk about that guy everywhere rather it's positive or negative, mostly negative... If Mayweather-Mosley does 2 million buys then he's overtaken oscar iMO... not for all time numbers but as for being a bigger draw then Oscar was... though I want people to remember... Oscar helped make Floyd into the star he is today

Comment

oscars fan base are 20% women.. cuz they like him floyd fans are 0.1% women... i dont know why lol... hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
                    Nah, primo.

Pac had many PPV's with erik and mab. By contrast, jmm's PPV with joel did what - 185k?

Pacquiao was a bigger star than JMM. So Oscar had a much better B-side, so to speak.
                    Pac had horrible PPV too though. You comparing JMM PPV attraction when his fight was yea distrubuted by HBO but not an HBO production. To Pac PPV fight that were HBO production. And, again that is not really fair to JMM. And, again who holds the record for the biggest PPV fight under the lightweight division? Pac-JMM... But, I will give you that Pac was the bigger draw...

But, you should also take into account that Oscar fought Pac in the tail end of his career. Oscar peak of his popularity was in the 90's and early 2000's While Floyd would was fighting JMM at the peak of his popularity or very close to it. And, was also coming back from a long anticipated return which could also helped the numbers

you should hold that into account too...

And, I am not taking a shot at Floyd. He is the main PPV draw right now. But, not a bigger draw than Oscar. And, I don't even like Oscar. I swear I bought the world awaits and I was rooting for Floyd hoping that he would whoop Oscar ass...

Comment

Originally posted by 1 on 1 View Post
                      Yeah, just like when The Jersey Shore's tv ratings came out. Just prior to the Jersey Shore premier, and having seen the trailers for it, I was thinkin , this f**kin' show is gonna flop, lo and behold.

We already know that controversy sells, but Phony Boy, is just that, Phony. It's just bad acting all the way through and people are hoppin' on it. It's a weird phenomenon.
                      lol thats true... I was like got dayum i can't believe how big this show blew up

Comment

Working...
                      X