Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is P4P the heaviest hitter in boxing right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Angulo - He doens't land often.. but when he does, there are freaky results.

Cintron - one of the very few people who, today, doesn't just have a gang of knockouts.. but knocked his opponents OUT COLD. His knockout real looks simular to julian jackson. These weren't stoppages, these men were out before they hit the Canvas.

Allen Green - Another 1 who literally cuts peoples lights out, his left hook is arguably the hardest in the sport today, behind Wladimirs and the returning david tua(ashame wlad doesn't use it more)

Arthur Abraham - he isn't the fastest with his power punches or the best at timing them, but there is never a time he swings and people don't credit his power.

Wladimir klitschko - he doesn't take his right hand out the holster often, but when he does it's usually lights out. It's not even his best punch, though - it's his left hook (which he used early in his career). Anyone who boxes knows how hard it is to jab often and then keep that lead hand up.. your shoulder fatigues. Most jabbers (malignaggi, winky etc) have a resting place for their left arm to preserve it's strength. Malignaggi rests it on his hip, winky in his shell, etc. Wlad keeps his left hand busy all night, pawing, jabbing, measuring, knocking down his opponents gloves, occasionally hooking and somehow still managers to have max strength with it in the final round. That's just testament to how strong this man REALLY is. People never think about that.

David Tua - Not much to say really, the man can crack.

Sam peter - I'm skeptical about his power, his technical is absurd and if he were smaller i dont think his power would be up there. But because he is a heavyweight, he makes the list.

Lucian Bute - I'm skeptical about his power too. anyone who's followed hsi career, especially as of late, knows that he can put you away, but it's usually not with the power, but with the timing. I think his beautiful timing (counters that you don't see) coupled with decent power is a great recipe for disaster. We can argue that he puts people out because he counters well, and they are just timed well, but regardless, he puts them out.

Just to name a few heavy hitters today that stand out for me.
    This is how I see the Top 10(I dont count HW's for obvious reasons)
    1.Abraham
    2.Maidana
    3.Lopez
    4.Gonzalez
    5.Miranda
    6.Cintron
    7.Gamboa
    8.Bailley
    9.Mosely
    10.Darchinyan

Comment

Juan Urango has got one punch KO power

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Steward also said this is a trash heavyweight division.
        Yeah cause that has SOOOO much to do with wether or not the dude hits hard......

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          This is how I see the Top 10(I dont count HW's for obvious reasons)
          1.Abraham
          2.Maidana
          3.Lopez
          4.Gonzalez
          5.Miranda
          6.Cintron
          7.Gamboa
          8.Bailley
          9.Mosely
          10.Darchinyan
          I like this list a lot, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            I like this list a lot, actually.
            Thanks, Guys like Urango,Pavlik,Angulo,Julio are very hard punchers too!!

Comment

Last edited by 1 on 1; 04-25-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Haye has a very dangerous kind of power. Devon Alexander is a very hard puncher as well. I guess it just depends how you mean it in terms of power, alot of these guys can punch very hard but how many of them can get themselves into the best possible position to throw these punches in the fight, so for me it's guys that can land a very brutal shot in the heat of battle and those two stick out from the last couple months.

Comment

pacquiao... lightweight hurting ww's

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Randall Bailey yet?

FF to 2:10,

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                      Thanks, Guys like Urango,Pavlik,Angulo,Julio are very hard punchers too!!
                      It shocks me how big Urango is at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X