Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan is the GOAT trash talker, Floyd is a mere understudy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mj isn't the GOAT and neither is Wilt Chamberlain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
      Mj isn't the GOAT and neither is Wilt Chamberlain.
      People should be banned for comments like this. You dont say absurd **** like the #1 and #2 leading scorers of all-time are not GOATS and not give a good reason why.

Please explain what you meant.

Comment

Larry Bird was a better trash talker than both.

After Craig Hodges won the NBA All-Star Game Three-Point contest in Bird's absence, Hodges was asked if the victory was tainted because Bird hadn't participated. "He knows where he can find me," was Hodges retort. Told of Hodges' challenge, Bird replied, "Yeah, at the end of the Bulls bench."

On a West Coast trip in 1986, Bird told the entire Dallas Mavericks bench that after the time out, Ainge would inbounds the pass to DJ, who would hit Bird in the corner where Bird would step back and take a three. "So you got that?" Bird queried the bench. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you here will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." And that's exactly what happened. Bird winked at the Maverick before heading back down to the other end of the court.

Larry Bird trash talk moment in a game against Seattle. He told Xavier McDaniel where he'd score from, got the ball, and scored with 2 seconds left on the clock. He said, "Damn! I didn't mean to leave any time left on the clock."

During one game on Christmas Day against the Indiana Pacers, before the game Bird told Chuck Person that he had a Christmas present waiting for him. During the game, when Person was on the bench, Bird shot a three-pointer on the baseline right in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry ****in' Christmas!", and then the shot went in.

Reggie Miller recalled his encounter with Larry Bird's legendary trash talking ability in his book "I Love Being The Enemy". Reggie tried to disrupt Larry's concentration when he was shooting free throws late in a game. Larry glared at him, made the first free throw and said, "Rook, I am the best ****ing shooter in the league. In the league, understand? And you're up here trying to ****ing tell me something?" Then Larry buried the second free throw.

And Ali was the GOAT of trash talkers. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
          MJ to Kwame Brown during practice:

"You ****ing flaming ***qot! You don’t get a foul call on a goddamn little touch foul, you ****ing faqgot. You don’t bring that faqgoty **** here. Get your goddamn ass back on the floor and play. I don’t want to hear that ****ing **** out of you again. Get your ass back and play, you faqgot!"

Jordan's infatuation with his protégé waned. He thought Brown was cocky and disrespectful sometimes, particularly when the teenager nagged him about playing a one-on-one game, hinting that doom awaited him. Finally, Jordan agreed to the game, Brown grinning on the court, convinced his youth and height would be indefensible weapons against this shorter man twice his age. Early in the game, believing he had a lunging, jabbing Jordan off balance, the kid dared to say, "You reach, I'll teach."

Jordan snapped, "You teach, and I'll knock you on your goddamn ass."

He proceeded to humiliate Brown, mocking him while scoring at will, declining to help him up when the teenager fell hard to the floor, winning lopsidedly and, at the end, yelling at Brown to acknowledge his superiority in front of the team: "You better call me 'Daddy,' mother****er."

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZU7...page&q&f=false
          Kobe and LeBron the next Michael Jordan my ****ing ass

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
            ****ting on your team mates is 10 times worse than ****ting on your opponent.

that guy is a clown. their hate for floyd is so deep, their double standards are the worst ive ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              After Craig Hodges won the NBA All-Star Game Three-Point contest in Bird's absence, Hodges was asked if the victory was tainted because Bird hadn't participated. "He knows where he can find me," was Hodges retort. Told of Hodges' challenge, Bird replied, "Yeah, at the end of the Bulls bench."

Comment

It's funny that people's justification for Michael Jordan's trash talking and dickery is ''He was damn good''.

If you're going to knock someone with being an arrogant prick, their skill set shouldn't matter.

Comment

Just imagine all the hate Jordan would get if he said he was the greatest ever all the damn time. What if he told his opponents, "I make more money than your whole starting 5 combined!" What if Mj said "Im goign to score 50 on you guys and im going to dunk on each one of you" then proceeds to score 22?

That is how money may trash talks.

Comment

I never realised mj was such a kunt

Comment

Originally posted by bbboxing View Post
                      Just imagine all the hate Jordan would get if he said he was the greatest ever all the damn time. What if he told his opponents, "I make more money than your whole starting 5 combined!" What if Mj said "Im goign to score 50 on you guys and im going to dunk on each one of you" then proceeds to score 22?

That is how money may trash talks.
                      MJ & Nike understood the important of keeping a positive public image and Michael did a good job at hiding what an arrogant jerk he was when he was playing.

Trash talk aside, with the technology nowadays he'd probably get more ****. Things nowadays are blown so out of proportion. One little thing or bad quote and it's all over the internet.

I wonder what people would say about Mickey Mantle.

http://snopes.best.vwh.net/photos/mantle.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X