No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan is the GOAT trash talker, Floyd is a mere understudy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
    You can't win 6 Championships, 10 time All-NBA 1st team, 14 time All-Star, one of the 50 Greatest Players EVER AND a Olympic Gold medalist if you played basketball with the attitude Floyd has towards boxing.....the NBA equivalent of Floyd would be....Rasheed Wallace.....very talented for his position, yet chooses to stay on the outside shoot the 3 and avoid any physical punishment.....
    you just described Dirk Nowitski too

Comment

lol, gotta love how ppl r on here comparing basketball to boxing...there incomparable. lol basketball is a team sport. boxing aint. and thats just the most obvious difference. stop bein dumb n comparing the two sports. u really cant.

Comment

Jordan has always been an *******..thats no secret..its just that its Floyd who does the trash talking..If Jordan were to say the same things Floyd says..it would be no big deal..yet if Floyd said all these things Jordan said..hed be the worse guy in the world..
        Floyd haters are funny, yet pathetic...

Comment

MJ to Kwame Brown during practice:

"You ****ing flaming ***qot! You don’t get a foul call on a goddamn little touch foul, you ****ing faqgot. You don’t bring that faqgoty **** here. Get your goddamn ass back on the floor and play. I don’t want to hear that ****ing **** out of you again. Get your ass back and play, you faqgot!"

Jordan's infatuation with his protégé waned. He thought Brown was cocky and disrespectful sometimes, particularly when the teenager nagged him about playing a one-on-one game, hinting that doom awaited him. Finally, Jordan agreed to the game, Brown grinning on the court, convinced his youth and height would be indefensible weapons against this shorter man twice his age. Early in the game, believing he had a lunging, jabbing Jordan off balance, the kid dared to say, "You reach, I'll teach."

Jordan snapped, "You teach, and I'll knock you on your goddamn ass."

He proceeded to humiliate Brown, mocking him while scoring at will, declining to help him up when the teenager fell hard to the floor, winning lopsidedly and, at the end, yelling at Brown to acknowledge his superiority in front of the team: "You better call me 'Daddy,' mother****er."

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZU7...page&q&f=false

Comment

Jordan backed it up and then some

Jordan didn't duck anyone. He competed against the best of his era

Comment

Originally posted by Yahir View Post
              He might have being sarcastic or something, but to me ill let mj pass with that trash talk, he played the best and demolished the best, as for floyd?
              So in other words, its okay to insult your teammates and say hateful things to them if you compete against the best competition?"peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by Peterp View Post
                Jordan backed it up and then some

Jordan didn't duck anyone. He competed against the best of his era
                Again, how does this justify insulting and putting down everyone from your teammates in a team sport to your own children?

Comment

Comment

The answer is simple, it's because it's Floyd Mayweather, and Floyd Mayweather is held to a different standard than every other athlete past or present.

Now don't get me wrong, Michael Jordan is my favorite athlete of all time. In fact, I have an extensive Air Jordan sneaker collection, but the guy was and continues to be an *******. And is personality is genuine. He's just like that.

Floyd? Throws on this public persona to promote himself and his fights. Nigh everyone you talk to will tell you that, and it's obvious as his personality changes almost directly after the final bell. People just don't like the man, and thus he's held to a different standard. This is true regarding his resume, and how people feel about his "trash talking".

What most of these posters fail to understand is that you can't be a professional athlete playing at the level of a PBF or MJ, and not think you're the best. Ali once said, "Once you're this good, it's hard not to be arrogant". If you step onto the court, ring, field, etc, thinking anything less than you're the best, then you've already lost. Most of these dudes don't understand that, as they've never played a sport of any kind in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
                      I always wonder about why people get on Floyd for it. What he says isn't nearly as bad as what Michael Jordan has said throughout the years and people love him still. Look at this small sampling. Read the quotes and the story and tell me that Floyd is anywhere near that. Floyd has never made me feel sorry for someone with his comments, MJ has.

Chris Webber on Michael Jordan

Floyd is nowhere near that level of trash-talking.

Man, what are you talking about? All of those quotes are about the game. If the **** Floyd wanked about was just on boxing and his opponents etc or just about Mosley being old, stupid, can't defend the jab, is too slow etc etc, it would be fine.

Jordan didn't once rat on someone's wife, saying the guy was a loser whose wife screwed him and that he's now broke and is losing it and the only reason he still plays is to pay his alimony and **** like that. What the **** is that about!?

Jordan talked about the game and how he was better or that everyone else was ****. Floyd can do that without coming across as a jerk. It's when he starts in on the personal crap about nose jobs, wives, money, debts etc that he just seems like a daft, dumb, ****.
                      Last edited by BennyST; 04-23-2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X