Mosley: "After I beat Floyd, I wouldn't require OST to fight Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    I see your point, but my thing is this:

Lets say Pac agrees to these test....looking at the bigger picture this is only one fight protected out of the hundreds of fights throughout the year. Floyd is near the end of his career, so after he fights...then what? We are back at square one.

As far as your last part, at the end of the day...boxing is a dirty sport, but when it comes to protecting the fighters for the betterment of the sport, I feel they have always done the right thing. Even if people don't believe that, people in power are their because of the fighters they make money off of. If something is a threat to that, in order to point guard there money, they have no choice but to step up and protect their fighters. Again...this is just my opinion and how I see things. You may feel different, which is cool by me.
    Because to clean it up would hurt the bottom line profits. Going from 15-12 rounds didn't hurt the money. Random testing is another exspense and if god forbid the boxer who is the man (like ali, tyson, odh, leonard) tests positive it would hurt the sport.

Floyd aint trying to clean up the sport. Yes he is being a a$$hole. You are right it is only about this fight and that is sad. But I'm hopeful an athletic commission looks at it more thouroghly(like New York is doing). I think this is the key.

In a way its like rosa parks.she was a tired old woman who wasn't planning to start change she just wanted to sit down. Floyd is just being floyd. Hopefully the smart people in boxing will look past the antics and develop real measures to clean the sport up.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
      Above = a guaranteed WAR!
      that is some FUNNNY ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Because to clean it up would hurt the bottom line profits. Going from 15-12 rounds didn't hurt the money. Random testing is another exspense and if god forbid the boxer who is the man (like ali, tyson, odh, leonard) tests positive it would hurt the sport.

Floyd aint trying to clean up the sport. Yes he is being a a$$hole. You are right it is only about this fight and that is sad. But I'm hopeful an athletic commission looks at it more thouroghly(like New York is doing). I think this is the key.

In a way its like rosa parks.she was a tired old woman who wasn't planning to start change she just wanted to sit down. Floyd is just being floyd. Hopefully the smart people in boxing will look past the antics and develop real measures to clean the sport up.
        New York commish smelled how big money this fight would be

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
          Not again...

Floyd came in overweight with JMM despite the NSAC rules for coming in overweight, hence Pac has the overweight clause, Floyd says yes, and that was that!

It was just a matter of YES or NO.
          Actaully, floyd didn't sign the contract until right before tthe fight. He had GBP redo the contract and add a clause offering jmm $600k because he didn't make weight. Thats why floyd never signed.

Floyd offered his opponenet money to go on with the fight because he was overweight. Manny NEGOTIATING additional weight penalties if his OPPONENT comes in overweight is not the same thing IMO

Comment

New York commish smelled how big money this fight would be
            Bob aint going to nyc with Manny. He has openly complained about new york's high taxes.

Comment

I get your point mate.

So i think it's safe to say Shane's speaking like how boxers from past generations to present play it like it is, the standard until something's amended.
              People sometimes look at things a little too black and white (especially on this site). All these fighters who agree to update the Testing protocols won't go out of their way to tell their promoters to mandate any new tests, but we all aren't going to assume them as cheaters or them not wanting to take the OST's either. It makes the athlete that much more suspicious if they go against tests the State commissions mandate. In the case of them adding OST as a standard to their testing, I find it hard to believe anyone would simply be totally against it being if they don't test, they don't fight, thus they don't get paid.

Comment

I can co-sign this. You made some good points btw. This is why I'm not mad at Pac because there are so many people to blame for the sport beign the way it is.

Comment

Bob aint going to nyc with Manny. He has openly complained about new york's high taxes.
                  Which if you live in NY you know is quite ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                    People sometimes look at things a little too black and white (especially on this site). All these fighters who agree to update the Testing protocols won't go out of their way to tell their promoters to mandate any new tests, but we all aren't going to assume them as cheaters or them not wanting to take the OST's either. It makes the athlete that much more suspicious if they go against tests the State commissions mandate. In the case of them adding OST as a standard to their testing, I find it hard to believe anyone would simply be totally against it being if they don't test, they don't fight, thus they don't get paid.
                    That's reality without the stans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                      Which if you live in NY you know is quite ridiculous.
                      im in jersey so I do know. BTW, the rick ross kamala sig is as funny as the ***** ******* homer lil brain sig. f#ckin hysterical.

Comment

Working...
                      X