No announcement yet.

Mosley: "After I beat Floyd, I wouldn't require OST to fight Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Most of all, I think Bob arum is an a$$hole that is making manny look guilty when he isnt.
    Oh yeah! good job mate!

I'm preaching that on another thread.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=367687

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      Shane is not past his prime or old....anyone who says different is an idiot and being biased.
      biased towards whom exactly?

Ofcourse Mosley is past his prime, I'm not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, but to say Mosley is in his prime now (2010)? You got to be lying to yourself.

Comment

Doesn't matter if floyd is doing it the right way. What is the right way to catch cheaters? Do you wait until someone dies like billy conn? or gets assaulted like cotto? Very few things ever get changed "the right way". You seem like an intelligent person. Do you think the powers that be would ever implement this type of testing without controversy?
        I see your point, but my thing is this:

Lets say Pac agrees to these test....looking at the bigger picture this is only one fight protected out of the hundreds of fights throughout the year. Floyd is near the end of his career, so after he fights...then what? We are back at square one.

As far as your last part, at the end of the day...boxing is a dirty sport, but when it comes to protecting the fighters for the betterment of the sport, I feel they have always done the right thing. Even if people don't believe that, people in power are their because of the fighters they make money off of. If something is a threat to that, in order to point guard there money, they have no choice but to step up and protect their fighters. Again...this is just my opinion and how I see things. You may feel different, which is cool by me.

Comment

• Originally posted by zeidrich View Post
          no one will want to watch mayweather after he gets a 1 in his record.... his entire career is based on that persona of being undefeated and if thats gone, floyd finish

Okay great contribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
            Still not a "policy" but a ridiculous demand by Floyd. I don't care if it is the right way and the surest way to make a clean fight unless it is mandated by the governing body IT ISN'T A REQUIREMENT TO FIGHT.
            do you feel the same way about manny's $10mil per lb clause? Nevada already has rules in place for fighters who don't make weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Hell yeah. No OSTs? No catchweight. Let them both juice up and let's get it on!
              Above = a guaranteed WAR!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blubba View Post
                biased towards whom exactly?

Ofcourse Mosley is past his prime, I'm not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, but to say Mosley is in his prime now (2010)? You got to be lying to yourself.
                I agree he is not in his absolute prime. I was referring to those who say he is past their prime in a sense that discredit him as a fighter (by indirectly implying he is done or something).

Shane, just like Lennox Lewis and Bernard hopkins, are/were not at their absolute best, but were still able to dominate and compete with the best.

Is Shane in his absolute prime....no. Can he compete with the very best still...absolutely.

Comment

do you feel the same way about manny's $10mil per lb clause? Nevada already has rules in place for fighters who don't make weight.
                  Not again...

Floyd came in overweight with JMM despite the NSAC rules for coming in overweight, hence Pac has the overweight clause, Floyd says yes, and that was that!

It was just a matter of YES or NO.

Comment

I thought that was a bull**** request by Team Pacquiao also. Just my opinion though

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
                      Not again...

Floyd came in overweight with JMM despite the NSAC rules for coming in overweight, hence Pac has the overweight clause, Floyd says yes, and that was that!

It was just a matter of YES or NO.
                      Let me add that the price penalty 10m is wayyy overboard though.

But strangely enough Team Mayweather said yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X