Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why not put the pressure on the commissions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why not put the pressure on the commissions?

I'm not a fan of this olympic style drug testing for the fights with it being a stipulation brought about from the fighters and not the commissions.

my point, and i'm using floyd in this one, since he is the epicenter of all this mess.

floyd says he's changing the sport, but, he's only changing it one fighter at a time, and not as a whole.
    my point being, why didn't/doesn't floyd put the pressure on the commissions instead on individual fighters, now anyone who wants to fight him, which wont be anything to really change boxing since he rarely fights.

why not lean on the commissions to make the change with the testing policy? why not push to make it a blanket rule over all of boxing, instead of who one picks and chooses?

picking one guy, and not picking another for drug testing isnt the way to change anything in the sport of boxing, where change is something that isnt even in the grand scheme of things in boxing.

also to boot, where was floyd during the Ali Act hearing? Hopkins was there, he stood up and voiced his opinion and spoke out for fairness and change for fighters, not just himself, but for every fighter, mayweather only wants the OST for himself and who he fights, saying he's changing the sport is something that is a selling point to casual fans, people who get all their boxing info from espn and local media.

does anyone see what i'm saying in seeing the difference between someone who wants to make change for boxing and someone who wants to circumvent the rules to benefit himself?

if real change was the mission, then floyd would've gone to the commissions and said this (OST) needs to be implemented in the sport, not pick one guy and say, he's dirty, he needs to take test to prove it and since i've said that and critics are now calling me out, now every fighter that i fight has to take OST. thats not change for the sport, that is a narrowing of the playing field, making less fighters available for floyd to fight, since i doubt that everyone will want to take extra tests that the commissions don't mandate.

like i said, im' not opposed to the testing, just the fact that it's not a policy of the commissions.

PUT THE PRESSURE ON THE COMMISSIONS TO CHANGE THE TESTING POLICY, NOT THE FIGHTERS, TO MAKE CHANGE IN THE SPORT OF BOXING.

agree or disagree??????

I agree!! It's kinda stupid to say your changing the sports drug testing policy but your only putting effort into it for your fights and your fights only.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      I agree!! It's kinda stupid to say your changing the sports drug testing policy but your only putting effort into it for your fights and your fights only.
      yeah, and all the people championing mayweather as changing the sport, it's a joke.

go after the commissions, get a universal governing body over boxing, don't just put extra tests on your fights and say it's for boxing, it's for the sport.

Comment

There is no place for invasive and useless testing in boxing.

Especially for someone with GOD GIVEN power and talent like Packy.

Comment

Notice how the *****s are just ignoring this thread.

Comment

Good idea. Better tell Pacquiao to get onboard.

Comment

I do believe that as a result of Floyd's acts the new york comission is reviewing its procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Good idea. Better tell Pacquiao to get onboard.
                How about Floyd first since he instigated the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  How about Floyd first since he instigated the whole thing.
                  Sure. Which commission and how?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentso View Post
                    I do believe that as a result of Floyd's acts the new york comission is reviewing its procedures.

So where is the follow thru? Why isn't he barking at the commissions to change their rules??

Comment

Working...
                    X