Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why not put the pressure on the commissions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    He's lying. We need ESPN (who obviously saw the contracts) to tell us the truth, even though no one has dared refute what Schafer said.
    LOL. Right.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
      I would have to agree with you to a certain extent. Floyd knowingly or unknowingly has put pressure on the commissions to change its policy. If he (Floyd) continues to demand olympic style drug testing against his opponents the commissions will be forced to change its stance on the position. Whether Floyd"s antics are produced for selfish reasons or out of guilt should not be the topic. Change should! If change is made Floyd should be given credit whether we like or dislike him for whatever his motivations are. Change always starts with one individual and periodicly for different reasons. To me I could'nt care less who that someone is as long as changes are implemented.

I can see if by floyd doing this would put pressure on the commissions, but it wouldn't be enough to get them to change anything. if the fighters all started to do these kinds of random tests, i would be next to positive the commissions would let it be a new unwritten rule. look at texas with the testing required there, from what has been explained to me about it, its voluntary and not compulsory, only required if something is being investigated, weird if that is 100% true, now across the board? all the commissions? i don' know, can't really speculate on that.

I'm getting at the point of changing the sport as a whole and not some media drama, go to the commissions to change things. i'm sure some commissions are looking to revise, and i do think that is and would be good, but at the heart of it, nothing is going to happen, overall, because it messes with peoples routines and procedures, their autopilot if you will.

There are so many rules and regulations in boxing, in the commissions, sanctioning bodies, insurance, etc, god who knows, now we have the drug testing being an issue with OST, and with all these rules and different governing bodies having their say in what the rules are, state, commission, WBC or WBA, IBF, whoever has a say, but whatever there should be one universal set of rules for the protocol of drug testing for combat sports.

one set of rules for drug testing for everyone across the board, thats how the game is being played now, play or don't play.

thats how it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Good idea. Better tell Pacquiao to get onboard.
        I never realized Pacquiao was the only fighter in the sport,

a one man wolfpack if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
          I never realized Pacquiao was the only fighter in the sport,

a one man wolfpack if you will.
          Who said he was the only fighter in the sport?

Comment

Working...
          X