No announcement yet.

I feel vindicated for calling BULL**** on Berto's Haiti excuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf is wrong with u people.

this isnt just a "family member dying". This was one of THE most devastating natural disasters to hit mankind. 1 in 3 haitians in haiti were DIRECTLY affected by this earthquake and 86% of all haitians living in the US have some direct connection to port-au-prince + surrounding areas.

over 250,000 confirmed dead and u think he should be more concerned with going to vegas to play a sport? wtf?

I am haitian-american myself and if u knew anything about haitians u would know families are VERY tight knit. so most likely he did know the family quite well. even the fact he was born in the states, he explained in an interview how he had an uncle who would visit often, and was one of his favorite uncles, because he would get them out of trouble with his parents for pulling pranks, and now hes dead.

***.com/boxing#/boxing/fights/2010/04-10-andre-berto-vs-carlos-quintana/article/something-to-prove.html
    *site is hbo*

how can u ppl be so insensitive. NOT EVERYBODY PREFERS MONEY OVER THE STATE OF THEIR PEOPLE/FAMILY.

THE WHOLE ****IN WORLD STOPPED TO WATCH WAT WAS GOING ON IN HAITI, and as a HAITIAN himself u wanted him to fight in vegas when at that time the full extent of the disaster wasnt even known yet? and at that time im PRETTY sure he didnt even know the status of his family, as neither did i.

it might not have hit him because he mightve didnt know them too well, but BEST believe it hit every family/friend around him.

to simply go on with your life here in the U.S. when your homeland, your culture, and the state of the nation where your whole family is from is in complete SHAMBLES is nothing short of a selfish, greedy, and ingrate individual.

how selfish can u ppl be? in the name of a fukin sport he should put aside his heritage and the fact that hundreds of thousands of his own people jus perished??... really?..

Comment

Originally posted by ProblemChild211 View Post
      wtf is wrong with u people.

this isnt just a "family member dying". This was one of THE most devastating natural disasters to hit mankind. 1 in 3 haitians in haiti were DIRECTLY affected by this earthquake and 86% of all haitians living in the US have some direct connection to port-au-prince + surrounding areas.

over 250,000 confirmed dead and u think he should be more concerned with going to vegas to play a sport? wtf?

I am haitian-american myself and if u knew anything about haitians u would know families are VERY tight knit. so most likely he did know the family quite well. even the fact he was born in the states, he explained in an interview how he had an uncle who would visit often, and was one of his favorite uncles, because he would get them out of trouble with his parents for pulling pranks, and now hes dead.

***.com/boxing#/boxing/fights/2010/04-10-andre-berto-vs-carlos-quintana/article/something-to-prove.html
      *site is hbo*

how can u ppl be so insensitive. NOT EVERYBODY PREFERS MONEY OVER THE STATE OF THEIR PEOPLE/FAMILY.

THE WHOLE ****IN WORLD STOPPED TO WATCH WAT WAS GOING ON IN HAITI, and as a HAITIAN himself u wanted him to fight in vegas when at that time the full extent of the disaster wasnt even known yet? and at that time im PRETTY sure he didnt even know the status of his family, as neither did i.

it might not have hit him because he mightve didnt know them too well, but BEST believe it hit every family/friend around him.

to simply go on with your life here in the U.S. when your homeland, your culture, and the state of the nation where your whole family is from is in complete SHAMBLES is nothing short of a selfish, greedy, and ingrate individual.

how selfish can u ppl be? in the name of a fukin sport he should put aside his heritage and the fact that hundreds of thousands of his own people jus perished??... really?..
      Is it our faults they live in shantys and do nothing to further there lifes or there country,that earthquake was not that big there should have not been that much devistation thats there governments fault not mine or any one elses.

Comment

yea some of u ppl went back to wrk after a family member died, but other ppl think differently. i personally would at least have the respect to put whatever is going on in my life, ON HOLD, whether it be money, boxing, relationships whatever, when a family member DIES, I WILL PUT MY LIFE ON HOLD TO AT LEAST GIVE THEM THE RESPECT AND REMEMBERANCE, because i just LOST my BLOOD family, and they are never coming back. the money, will ALWAYS be there, MOSLEY will ALWAYS be there.

Comment

can someone tell me the story of margaritos brother?

how was he murdered and by who and for what?

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Is it our faults they live in shantys and do nothing to further there lifes or there country,that earthquake was not that big there should have not been that much devistation thats there governments fault not mine or any one elses.
            see im not even going to entertain somebody as ignorant as u.

and the fact that u care more about boxing then the lives of people lost speaks a NUMBER about YOU.

nonetheless, God bless u.

Comment

horrible post come on man these are people you are talking about here why dont you put yourself in their shoes and imagine being born into those circumstances.

Comment

didn't u say you would give me like 40k or somethin?

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
                  can someone tell me the story of margaritos brother?

how was he murdered and by who and for what?
                  While Margarito waited to get married, his brother didn't, quitting boxing after only four pro fights to start a family. Less than four years later, intruders burst into his home and shot him as he watched television, leaving a baby girl and a wife nearly eight months pregnant with his son.

Margarito, in Texas preparing to fight Buck Smith, had just returned from the weigh-in and a spaghetti dinner when he got the news. After a few moments of stunned silence, he started crying, then screaming.

But several hours later, after regrouping, he insisted the fight go on and the next night he dismantled Smith -- who came in with an amazing 179 victories to his credit -- in six rounds.

"My body was there," Margarito said. "But my mind wasn't."

Outside of family and a close circle of friends, Margarito rarely spoke of the tragedy.

"For many years that weighed on Tony's heart," Michelle said. "But Tony's the kind of person who keeps those things inside. He doesn't let people in. He's very guarded."

While robbery is suspected, a motive for the killing has never been determined -- partly because Michelle, wary of who might be involved, urged her husband to give up his investigation shortly after the murder.

"I told him, 'You know what? It's better if you stop all this,' " she said. "Your brother isn't going to come back. What happened happened. I understand he wants to know what happened to his brother and make the person that did it pay. But I was frightened for Tony and for the family."

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul...-margarito26/2

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
                    Don't worry, I don't take none of that stuff personal.

Its all part of passionate boxing talk on NSB.
                    thanks for the green mate...comments like that are raw for me

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                      didn't u say you would give me like 40k or somethin?
                      This aggression will not stand man...i like your style dude

Comment

Working...
                      X