Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you, Bernard Hopkins. You put another black eye on the sport we love.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you call that a black eye. I wonder what you call Pacman refusing a simple drug test? A snapped neck

Comment

He was horrible last night and Ive been critical of Bernard recently as well but lets not forget the things he DID do for boxing. He defended the middleweight title 20 times, won the light heavyweight titles and has pulled off numerous upsets. The man is 45 years old people, cut him some slack.

Comment

haha hopkins should start playing soccer after he retires...what a diver!! RJJ got hit with an INTENTIONAL low blow and roy didnt go down...even the announcers say it was intentional. Hopkins should of beaten an old RJJ but didnt expect him to dtake dives and win like that. I cant stand him even more now...

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
          I guess the Tito beating is still fresh in there minds.

Get over it.
          SB, just assumes that because my favorite fighter is Cotto that I like PR's or even Tito for that matter. Truth is Miguel is the only PR that I like, I'm just calling it how it is. The fight was shameful, the fact that BHOP thinks this will give him vindication is shameful, and the way he fought a cripple is shameful. He is supposed to be one of the best fighters in the world, yet he stooped to illegal **** and laying on the ground versus a damn cripple! He was disgraceful last night.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
            I don't know about that..b-hop is good..but p4p at 45? And you gotta give him respect for wanting to fight haye...that dude is old..he has made lots of money and hes at that stage where he could get hurt badly...fighters like b-hop and mosley is what boxing needs.
            why so he could just head butt Haye and **** up his eye with head butts, so he could cheat and foul his way into another win? Bernard Hopkins doesn't respect Boxing, he may be a fighter but he goes against the rules of the sport, he is dirty and doesn't need to be in a ring anymore and IMO since the very beginning, all he ever did was cheat, his claim to fame was to cheat because he wasn't enough of a fighter to fight man to man, Boxing doesn't need him what they need is to get rid of him to make it better because his performance was disgusting, he would act out this whole scene like he was hurt and then right away when **** starts again he would come out banging as if nothing ever happened, he basically said to all us "I'm going to cheat my way into a win, you're gonna watch it and like it and I'm gonna get away with it" and that makes me sick, he brings shame to those TRUE warriors who'd rather lose clean than win dirty, this guy is a walking and talking disgrace to this sport ever since his younger years

Comment

Well Hopkins is effective and a good fighter but his style is such an eyesore to watch.

It wouldn't have mattered if he was undefeated with that style up until this point he never did and certainly doesn't now deserve to be on PPV.

I honestly hope the PPV did badly to discourage them putting on **** cards like that.

Look at it this way, some younger more entertaining fighters lost a TV spot on HBO or Showtime because of this card and the viewership it would have taken away so the networks didn't bother with a date.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                He was horrible last night and Ive been critical of Bernard recently as well but lets not forget the things he DID do for boxing. He defended the middleweight title 20 times, won the light heavyweight titles and has pulled off numerous upsets. The man is 45 years old people, cut him some slack.
                he defended the Middleweight title 20 times but he cheated his way threw all those so called defenses, he abused Kieth Holmes to the balls all night, he pushed Trinidad every single time he dropped him, he basically hit him and gave him a little push on the inside to bring him down, he head butted his way into victories against Tarver and Wright and he cheated his way to beating Kelly Pavlik, someone who is going to use illegal tactics to make a name for himself is not needed nor welcome at least in my book when it comes to Boxing or any talks of it, Floyd Mayweather Jr is so great because he makes it look EASY WITHOUT cheating something this old joke knows nothing about

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                  he defended the Middleweight title 20 times but he cheated his way threw all those so called defenses, he abused Kieth Holmes to the balls all night, he pushed Trinidad every single time he dropped him, he basically hit him and gave him a little push on the inside to bring him down, he head butted his way into victories against Tarver and Wright and he cheated his way to beating Kelly Pavlik, someone who is going to use illegal tactics to make a name for himself is not needed nor welcome at least in my book when it comes to Boxing or any talks of it, Floyd Mayweather Jr is so great because he makes it look EASY WITHOUT cheating something this old joke knows nothing about
                  When you look at some of the other all time greats, then you'll notice that a lot of them sometimes bent the rules. Marciano often fought dirty ( using elbows and fouls) Jack Dempsey ( in a lot of people's opinion and especially mine) loaded his gloves against Willard. When you look at some of Hopkins old fights, a lot of the things that he did was actually genius. When he fought Echols, there were times that he hit him low and at the time when Echols would complain to the referee, he would take that opportunity to get in a clean head shot. Being successful in boxing is not all about game plan, its about doing anything necessary to win. If his opponent does not have ways of counteracting those tactics ( which there are ways) then its their fault.

Also, how did he cheat against Tarver, Winky or Pavlik? I'd say he did more things skillful than dirty in either of them.
                  Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 04-04-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    What a stupid thread; seriously. How can people question B-Hop's heart? The dude had always stepped in the ring against the best but all of a sudden because he doesn't face Chad, he isn't willing to face the best? Also, since when is B-Hop trying to be RJJ? That stuff is lame and childish. In my opinion, B-Hop has already accomplished more then Roy. You shouldn't set your expectations too high on a 45 year old, give it a damn rest, he's already done alot for the sport.
                    Excellent response. Nobody forced anybody to watch the fight. And I get tired of the "giving boxing a black eye" BS. Boxing has survived laoded gloves, fixed fights......the Hopkins fight did nothing to harm boxing. If you don't want to see it, don't buy it and shut up. Hopkins career can't be defined by what he does at 45 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      Typical Hopkins boloney, he not only would not fight Haye, but KNOWS that such a match would NEVER be made. So he's safe enough to "air" his braggadocio, and get himself
                      "points" from the naive, recent boxing fan.
                      And you're safe enough to say this behind a computer knowing you would never say this to Hopkins face.

Comment

Working...
                      X