Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hope of the Heavyweight Division returns April 3!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    Muhammed Ali had a KO ratio of 60%. Wladimir Klitschko has a KO ratio of nearly 85%.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...7035&cat=boxer
    You compared Ali to Eddie Chambers and Kevin Johnson. No similarities in style at all, not to mention talent. The fact that you compared those fighters to Ali shows your ignorance. Not that you needed to show it. As if KO ratio is the end all and be all for greatness. Hate to break it to you, but Ali's resume craps all over your precious Wladimir.
    Last edited by Calilloyd; 04-02-2010, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Keep playing the white supremacy angle at your own risk.
      Why do you keep saying "white supremacy" ? No one is saying any race is any better or any worse than any other. That's dishonest and misleading.

All I'm saying is that you hate the Klitschkos because you see yourself - the person you hate most - in them. You despise yourself, you want to be anyone other than who you are. I bet you're overweight, ugly and poor.

If you had the money Michael Jackson had, you'd have surgery to change yourself in the reverse of what he did!

Comment

Why do you keep saying "white supremacy" ? No one is saying any race is any better or any worse than any other. That's dishonest and misleading.

All I'm saying is that you hate the Klitschkos because you see yourself - the person you hate most - in them. You despise yourself, you want to be anyone other than who you are. I bet you're overweight, ugly and poor.

If you had the money Michael Jackson had, you'd have surgery to change yourself in the reverse of what he did!
        My avi is a photo me, and I'm a poster-boy for handsome american rock and rollers everywhere.

And all jokes aside, I don't hate the Klitschkos. I never said I did. I was trying to EXPLAIN WHY AMERICANS DON'T LIKE THEM to my European brothers.

They are way, wayyy better than their 99% opposition, but go out there and fight like they think they're seconds away from getting knocked out. They don't stand toe-to-toe and bang all the time, which is what boxing fans in America want to see. If you like their style fine, I'm just stating the facts dude.

Why do you think a country that is less than 5% Asian's biggest boxing star is Filipino (Pacman)? People get excited when he has a fight.

There isn't a conspiracy against the white boxer. Chill.

Comment

Lets all agree to disagree shall we, this is a boxing forum, not a place to debate racial issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            Lets all agree to disagree shall we, this is a boxing forum, not a place to debate racial issues.
            You dont let us have any fun.

Comment

FAO: paulf

Getting punched in the face isn't cool you ******.

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit.

Both Klitschkos have mastered and perfected the "hit and not get hit" Boxer/Puncher Style. They completely dominate and KO all of their opponents.

Wlad has 48 KOs in 54 wins.

Vitali has 37 KOs in 39 wins.

Either Klitschko beats any HW from any era.
              Last edited by yessuh; 04-02-2010, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Back in the early 80s we had a "great white hope" in George Cooney.

Then in the 90s we had a movie The Great White Hype

What kind of hope is Haye for the heavyweight division?

Some say after Haye ducked the Klitschkos he's not a hope, he's really just a hype like the dude in the movie.

If Haye doesn't make a statement and KO the age 38 John Ruiz (who hasn't beat a top 100 heavyeight since 2004), then he's clearly just a hype.
                GOOD POST. I totally agree.

Really?

I don't find Haye exciting at all. He ran away for 99% of the fight with Valuev, and failed to KO him.

Wlad chased his opponent for most of the fight with Chambers, and then BRUTALLY knocked him out.

Wlad is much more exciting than Haye.
                NOT A GOOD POST.
                Nobody looks really good vs. Valuev. I think Haye has a dynamic style, trades, and - thanks to his limited chin - brings the kind of excitement, that his opponent could take him down, too. Don't tag "not exciting" to a single fight.

Wlad is a great fighter in all regards. But he dominates his opponents that much, that the only excitement comes from "in which round will he win". If he would be forced to fight a really competetive opponent, who brings out Wlad's best (including testing his chin, his guts, and perhaps even brings out his fierce side), THEN the fights would be more exciting.

I think Haye is the only fighter who could turn Wlad into a beast in the ring (w/o the aid of Manny Steward between rounds). I think Haye really managed to get under Wlad's skin with his behavior.

But Haye would be taken apart by Wlad. And since Haye is a smart guy, he avoids the K brothers in the ring. Sad but true.

Comment

Most Americans would vote for Ali, even though he was terribly boring. He fought a lot like Kevin Johnson, with a defensive style most of the time. Ali had a similar KO ratio to Eddie Chambers.

But if they were to put aside their racism against Europeans, view the fighters objectively, OBVIOUSLY Wlad is the much more exciting fighter.
                  Ali was boring?

Wow Tunney.

Comment

JOHNNY, JOHNNY, JOHNNY, WAR JOHNNY!...

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      You compared Ali to Eddie Chambers and Kevin Johnson. No similarities in style at all, not to mention talent. The fact that you compared those fighters to Ali shows your ignorance. Not that you needed to show it. As if KO ratio is the end all and be all for greatness. Hate to break it to you, but Ali's resume craps all over your precious Wladimir.
                      wow another racist *******, mad cause the klitschkos are dominating, mad that there white,

Comment

Working...
                      X