Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can Anyone Seriously Believe Floyd Ducked Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    Seriously bro, how can someone who isn't bias and a pac hater can't see that floyd is ducking pac, oh man, it was a crystal clear that floyd don't want anything of pac. How the hell he suddenly got into this random drug testing when he didn't do it in his last 40 fights? Would all of you think that this was a coincidence and nothing to do with pacquiao? Come on bro it was really clear that he was worried of fighting pac even a 5 year old could see it. I know u *****s don't want to believe that floyd was really scared against pac, i have the same feeling that all of u *****s feel when trinidad and hopkins was announce, trinidad is one of my all time favorite but like u *****s i can't accept the fact that trinidad was afraid to hopkins, especially at presscon i see fear in trinidad's eyes that i couldn't accept, it's just the same with floyd that suddenly made this drug test as an excuse to duck pac.
    I don't think he was genuinely scared of Pacquiao, but I think he's scared to actually lose.

I've never been a big Floyd hater or anything because the dude is phenomenally talented in the ring, but I think he's put himself in a position to where if and when he loses it's going to be a dark cloud hanging over Floyd because that's what his whole aura is based off of, the "0". The sudden Drug Test demands to me from the jump seemed a bit suspect on the side of Floyd because he's never demanded that from any fighter. Putting in the notion that many critics looked at Pacquiao as a sure shot to beat Floyd and Pacquiao being an 8/5 Favorite (something Floyd's NEVER experienced), you have to think about how Floyd could get out of that hole...and what better way than to take the spotlight off Pacquiao and make him look like the bad guy?

With that being said, I believe Pacquiao should've gone along with the blood tests just to prove a point, but him not taking the tests doesn't make him a cheater or scared of Floyd. Floyd is usually the one making demands and expecting his opponents to follow through because of the big opportunity they have to fight Mayweather, but this is an instance where BOTH fighters have the big opportunity instead of 1 guy overseeing the other as just an "Opponent". In other words...THEIR EGOS KILLED THIS FIGHT (temporarily).

Comment

Originally posted by norrin View Post
      DLT you made some valid points and I give you props for stating them but this issue is worse than the abortion debate. Props for presenting your argument in a clear, concise, and respectful manner w/ no name calling.
      Thanks homie, I try to be fair and look at it from both sides. Thats why I admitted that I dont think Floyd did this for the sake of boxing and all of that BS. I also dont think he thought of it until Senior brought it up and I dont think Pac is juicing although Im not the biggest fan of Ariza & company. Dude just looks sneaky, lol

However, I do get where he was coming from and he had a ton of other ways to get out of the fight other then this and he didnt use them. With all that being said, I also truly believe that neither side was head over heels about wanting the fight at that time. I think both of them thought it was a little too soon and they rather do it later in the year.

The only problem with that is now the testing stuff will be even worst because Floyd will have done it with Mosley which will make his stance stronger and I think Pac's side will probably not want to bend at all this time around. Then you have the money stuff that was surprisingly easy last time but this time will probably even be harder to agree on than the roids testing. Unlike others though, I dont really care if they dont fight, as long as they both keep fighting good guys

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        I don't think he was genuinely scared of Pacquiao, but I think he's scared to actually lose.

I've never been a big Floyd hater or anything because the dude is phenomenally talented in the ring, but I think he's put himself in a position to where if and when he loses it's going to be a dark cloud hanging over Floyd because that's what his whole aura is based off of, the "0". The sudden Drug Test demands to me from the jump seemed a bit suspect on the side of Floyd because he's never demanded that from any fighter. Putting in the notion that many critics looked at Pacquiao as a sure shot to beat Floyd and Pacquiao being an 8/5 Favorite (something Floyd's NEVER experienced), you have to think about how Floyd could get out of that hole...and what better way than to take the spotlight off Pacquiao and make him look like the bad guy?

With that being said, I believe Pacquiao should've gone along with the blood tests just to prove a point, but him not taking the tests doesn't make him a cheater or scared of Floyd. Floyd is usually the one making demands and expecting his opponents to follow through because of the big opportunity they have to fight Mayweather, but this is an instance where BOTH fighters have the big opportunity instead of 1 guy overseeing the other as just an "Opponent". In other words...THEIR EGOS KILLED THIS FIGHT (temporarily).
        but doesnt all of that go out the window with Floyd fighting a monster in Mosley? People cant call him petrified of Mosley and say that he will never take the fight but then as soon as he does it, they try to say that he only did it because of this & that. Thats not fair. If Mosley said NO to the testing then Floyd wouldnt have fought him and everyone right now would still be talking non stop about him being scared of Mosley, scared to lose his 0, and that he's ducking him. Now that he took it, you cant be unfair and try to justify it in a different way

Comment

floyd retired to duck a hot division, and now comes back. his response when asked why he didnt fight any of them, "man they're busy beating each other"

Now he's scared Manny is on A-side meth, and thinks he'll shoot up within 20 days for an "advantage", either that or he's just dumb. And wtf is a side meth.

Its not far fetched to think floyd would duck someone. Everyone knows how cautious he is about his Zero.

And btw, if floyd doesnt continue to "random OST" after the mosley fight in BETWEEN fights, when he doesnt have a fighter lined up, then he's full of ****. The roid pros said testing is best during training and the offseason when athletes are working out. since floyd is so passionate about cleaning up the sport, then floyd should give his blood randomly until the day he retires. Then we'll know for certain he was scared of manny.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            but doesnt all of that go out the window with Floyd fighting a monster in Mosley? People cant call him petrified of Mosley and say that he will never take the fight but then as soon as he does it, they try to say that he only did it because of this & that. Thats not fair. If Mosley said NO to the testing then Floyd wouldnt have fought him and everyone right now would still be talking non stop about him being scared of Mosley, scared to lose his 0, and that he's ducking him. Now that he took it, you cant be unfair and try to justify it in a different way
            The thing with the Mosley fight though is that fight happened due to unforeseen circumstances (Berto pulling out of the fight). I made a point about this the other day. If Mosley vs Berto had gone on, Mayweather was still left without an opponent being Pacquiao was set to face Clottey in March. Mayweather still wanted to fight in March and names such as Campbell and Malignaggi were being thrown around, but it wasn't until the Mosley vs Berto fight got squashed that Mayweather vs Mosley was made. Why? Because it was the best fight Floyd could take. Floyd isn't scared of Mosley either, but you have to wonder if they ever really planned to fight Mosley to begin with. Ellerbe made statements about them taking on Mosley if the Pacquiao fight fell through, but again they put themselves in a position that if Mosley were to lose to Berto then they can just forget about that fight too.

I think the stars finally aligned and I'm happy this fight is happening now. But the Mosley fight should've been his return fight and I believe he would've still performed well. If the Mosley vs Berto fight did take place, where would Mosley fit in the equation if both Pac and Floyd were to win their fights and be on their way to fighting each other?

Comment

Its indeed a duck.

I'll tell you why. FLoyd kept saying he's the greatest and he's all about the money but he won't fight because PAC rejected his demands.

Comment

come on guys. blood tests weaken pac and floyd knew that, plus floyd is bigger then pac. and needles are scary

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  The thing with the Mosley fight though is that fight happened due to unforeseen circumstances (Berto pulling out of the fight). I made a point about this the other day. If Mosley vs Berto had gone on, Mayweather was still left without an opponent being Pacquiao was set to face Clottey in March. Mayweather still wanted to fight in March and names such as Campbell and Malignaggi were being thrown around, but it wasn't until the Mosley vs Berto fight got squashed that Mayweather vs Mosley was made. Why? Because it was the best fight Floyd could take. Floyd isn't scared of Mosley either, but you have to wonder if they ever really planned to fight Mosley to begin with. Ellerbe made statements about them taking on Mosley if the Pacquiao fight fell through, but again they put themselves in a position that if Mosley were to lose to Berto then they can just forget about that fight too.

I think the stars finally aligned and I'm happy this fight is happening now. But the Mosley fight should've been his return fight and I believe he would've still performed well. If the Mosley vs Berto fight did take place, where would Mosley fit in the equation if both Pac and Floyd were to win their fights and be on their way to fighting each other?
                  I dont agree with that. Matter of fact its totally wrong. 1st off the Berto fight was in January so its not like it was a long ways off. 2nd, HBO was never ever going to let both Pac & Floyd fight on the same day. People were dumb for thinking that was true. Why would they lose out on that much money? 3rd and what everyone has to remember is that Berto had the Haiti thing but was also basically bought out. Meaning that Floyd went after Mosley. He wasnt ducking him or the Berto fight just fell through. Floyd basically pulled the strings on the fight along with the Haiti tragedy just to get to Mosley

Comment

**Attention *****s**

Floyd ducked Pac

pac never juiced, mosley did. Its ok to demand MOSLEY take USADA drug tests because he used to juice. Its NOT OK to demand it of pac - because pac is clean, and besides, it was just an excuse TO DUCK PAC

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                      Yup. Pac's 10 million dollars weight per pound penalty is legit, and it's part of the commissioner rules.
                      That's a weak ass excuse lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X