No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Mayweather Needs Me, I Don't Need Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    Manny is only saying what us Pac fans have been saying for a while. Pac's legacy has been sealed ever since he won the trilogy with Morales. Everything else afterwards, is just icing on the cake.
    Pac will get in the top 30 of the ATG lists if he retires tomorrow. He might just sc**** into the top 20, but I doubt it. But if he were to beat Mayweather, he'd be in or close to the top 10. Even losing competitively to Mayweather would enhance his ATG status.

In any case, he owes it to boxing to make the fight. Boxing gave him everything he has. He has a moral responsibility to pay the fans back by giving them the mega-fight they want.

And also, it's bull**** to win a Welterweight belt but not fight the best Welterweight out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by rao007 View Post
      But, honestly, Baldomir, Hatton? Some posters repeat FLoyd beat these guys when they were considered the best...Baldomir as the lineal WW champion and Hatton. We all know deep down inside--these guys were bums to begin with...Floyd is a tremendously talented fighter and I don't doubt he will defeat Pacquiao if they ever do meet but Floyd's resume is something left to be desired to say the least.
      Mayweather did beat this fighters closer at thier best. Before Mayweather Baldomir beat Gatti and Judah after he was demolished by Mayweather. He was utterly desimated by Forrest. Hatton was dominate at jww, but you are right about one thing Mayweather is far superior to both of these fighters. Its his ability to fight smart and adapt quickly that makes him such a great fighter. His resume at WW is one fighter off from Pacquiao, but once he fights Mosley thier Resume isn't that far off. Regardless BOTH FIGHTERS have better resumes and defeated better fighters before they reached WW. I feel Pacquiao can really become ATG in my eyes if he face Marquez again. He refuses so therefore regardless of what the rest of his resume look like, you left a big ? in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
        Pac will get in the top 30 of the ATG lists if he retires tomorrow. He might just sc**** into the top 20, but I doubt it. But if he were to beat Mayweather, he'd be in or close to the top 10. Even losing competitively to Mayweather would enhance his ATG status.

In any case, he owes it to boxing to make the fight. Boxing gave him everything he has. He has a moral responsibility to pay the fans back by giving them the mega-fight they want.

And also, it's bull**** to win a Welterweight belt but not fight the best Welterweight out there.
        are you speaking of money may? because i thought you got the name twisted in the first pharagraph..

Comment

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
          That's an oxymoron. If he agreed to testing(which he did) he knew he did not have a say in the cut off date.
          Rubbish, you're just playing with words. He agreed to random blood testing up to and including 24 days from the fight, plus a blood test immediately after the fight; and random urine tests throughout. That's by far the most stringent drug testing regime that any professional boxer had ever agreed to up to that point. And most PED experts say that it's impossible to get any meaningful advantage from taking steroids if you only start taking them 24 days before a fight, and if they have to be completely out of your bloodstream by the day of the fight.

The real question is: why did Mayweather refuse to accept the 24 day compromise? If you really believe it was because he wants to clean up the sport, then you're a hopeless nuthugger.

Comment

Rubbish, you're just playing with words. He agreed to random blood testing up to and including 24 days from the fight, plus a blood test immediately after the fight; and random urine tests throughout. That's by far the most stringent drug testing regime that any professional boxer had ever agreed to up to that point. And most PED experts say that it's impossible to get any meaningful advantage from taking steroids if you only start taking them 24 days before a fight, and if they have to be completely out of your bloodstream by the day of the fight.

The real question is: why did Mayweather refuse to accept the 24 day compromise? If you really believe it was because he wants to clean up the sport, then you're a hopeless nuthugger.
            Because 24 days straight with no blood testing is a joke.

Especially when Pac is shown having blood drawn 19 days away from the Clottey fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by tru2boxingfan View Post
              Mayweather did beat this fighters closer at thier best. Before Mayweather Baldomir beat Gatti and Judah after he was demolished by Mayweather. He was utterly desimated by Forrest. Hatton was dominate at jww, but you are right about one thing Mayweather is far superior to both of these fighters. Its his ability to fight smart and adapt quickly that makes him such a great fighter. His resume at WW is one fighter off from Pacquiao, but once he fights Mosley thier Resume isn't that far off. Regardless BOTH FIGHTERS have better resumes and defeated better fighters before they reached WW. I feel Pacquiao can really become ATG in my eyes if he face Marquez again. He refuses so therefore regardless of what the rest of his resume look like, you left a big ? in my eyes.
              after what pbf has done to JMM, i think it is unnecessary for pac to face JMM again.. the trilogy lacks luster in many boxing fans' eyes.. JMM can't fight at 147 while pac can still KO legit WWs.. really pac has outgrown JMM..

Comment

• Originally posted by yeks View Post
                are you speaking of money may? because i thought you got the name twisted in the first pharagraph..
                You thought wrong.

If Mayweather retired tomorrow he'd get into the top 50 but not the top 30. If he beats Mosley and Pac, he'll get in the top 20. To get into the top 10 he'd have to beat Williams as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hate Giver View Post
                  How else do you explain steve nash getting 2 mvp awards (trust me it is relevant to the discussion)?

He didn't deserve the 2nd mvp, just like Lebron doesn't deserve the MVP he might get this yr. The media pushes for a person to get it and analyst make the wrong decisions. Thats why I don't really listen to a lot of Analyst because they give thier input and knowledge on the sport. If you smart you can have your own input and knowledge compare it theres and see which is more logical. I feel the only way Nash or Lebron should have recieved Mvp the 2nd time is if there team was doing a whole lot better than last yr.

On paper Cavs have a better team this yr than they did last yr and on paper they have a worst record.

Comment

He owes it to his fans and had there been an agreement to a cut-off date, the fight would have been made. Pacquiao does have a moral obligation to make this fight happen just like Floyd does. The same can be said for both men. What I don't understand is why is it much easier to swallow "take random drug testing up until the fight" compared to "i'll take them but not up until 24 days before the fight"?

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Because 24 days straight with no blood testing is a joke.
                      Most PED experts strongly disagree with you, as I've already pointed out.

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Especially when Pac is shown having blood drawn 19 days away from the Clottey fight.
                      Link please.

Comment

Working...
                      X