No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Mayweather Needs Me, I Don't Need Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tru2boxingfan View Post
    Baldomir defeated fan favorite slugger The late Aturo Gatti. Hatton dominated light ww until he fought Mayweather and never quite reclaim his form after that K.O.
    But, honestly, Baldomir, Hatton? Some posters repeat FLoyd beat these guys when they were considered the best...Baldomir as the lineal WW champion and Hatton. We all know deep down inside--these guys were bums to begin with...Floyd is a tremendously talented fighter and I don't doubt he will defeat Pacquiao if they ever do meet but Floyd's resume is something left to be desired to say the least.
    Last edited by rao007; 03-22-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
      There's no evidence that they do in practice, and plenty of evidence that they don't, such as Calzaghe getting such a high rating, which is arguably higher than he deserved; and the fact that current #1 is Pacquiao, and was Pacquiao even when he was still a Super Featherweight.

In any case, many of The Ring's ratings panel are not American - see here.
      but the majority are american. like i said before they are not biased against foreign fighters. Pacquiao deserves his ranking & calzaghe was rated high because of his body of work, long reign at super middle, undefeated record, & beating roy & bernard.

If both fighters are neck & neck & its time to vote, if one is american the other is not, who do you think gets it?

These are not robots devoid of the human condition. these are human beings with an affinity for human traits such as favoritism, patriotism, being tribal.

You cant be that naive to think that human tribalism has no effect on voting. It does.

How else do you explain steve nash getting 2 mvp awards (trust me it is relevant to the discussion)?

Comment

• Lmfao

just finished watching the second fight between Pacquiao and Morales on youtube, if you look in the crowd, you can see lil floyd sitting with that Elerbe dude. anyway, with about 1:15 left in the 7th round, Manny starts 2 take control of the fight with big shots & who do you see jumping out of his seat with excitment, cheering on the Pac-Man? none other than Mayweather himself......
        Last edited by King Ju-Ju; 03-22-2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
          Who voted him in Jim Lampley. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your delusional if you think a man with 3 losses and a draw is fighter of the decade over a man that's 40-0 with wins over the same guys closer to or in their primes.
          wow! a EFFIN HATER!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hate Giver View Post
            If both fighters are neck & neck & its time to vote, if one is american the other is not, who do you think gets it?
            You're just talking hypothetically - you've got no evidence that that has ever happened in practice, where their rankings are concerned. And the fact is that The Ring's ratings are far and away the most respected in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
              Manny is only saying what us Pac fans have been saying for a while. Pac's legacy has been sealed ever since he won the trilogy with Morales. Everything else afterwards, is just icing on the cake.

I agree bro, I was already amazed that pac could fight at 130lbs and be a champion at that weight. As a fan i was already satisfied of what he has done in 122lbs-130lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Who is twisting the truth????

If he didn't refuse why didn't they fight??

Keep giving out the hate...............

Of course the media will Twist against Mayweather. Its apart of business. When the media wanted to make Tyson seem like a crazy deranged lunitac, they promoted him that way. When he really became one they grew scared. If you like at Tyson early in his career he was humble, but the media didn't want that, even Tyson says it himself "I let the media use me, so I used them. They made me out to be an animal and a monster so I became one." They promoted Oscar as the Golden Pretty Boy and he achieved great fan support for it. They promote Oscar and Pacquiao the same. Except the difference is Mayweather who they make out to be a show boat, ****y, loudmouth is Pacquiao's kryptonite.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  Who is twisting the truth????

If he didn't refuse why didn't they fight??

Keep giving out the hate...............
                  because floyd is a scared paranoid closet *******ual afraid to lose his lone pride & joy; his undefeated record. that's why.

If floyd fought pacquiao under the same rules & regulations that he did in all of his 40 victories the world would have been spared pacquiao vs clottey.

The asking for a test that has never been asked before in the history of professional boxing was UNWARRANTED, baseless, & slanderous.

Why?

Because there was no evidence that pac was juicing or connected to steroids, steroid users,steroid trainers, & steroid manufacturers.

If there was a past failed test like roy jones, james toney, or fernando vargas, EXTRA TESTING WOULD BE WARRANTED.

If there was leaked grand jury testimony that pac used steroids a la shane mosley, EXTRA TESTING WOULD BE WARRANTED.

If there was a steroid manufacturer accusing pac of knowingly taking steroids a la victor conte with shane mosley, FINE EXTRA TESTING IS WARRANTED.

If there was a ex trainer accusing pac of roiding & holding syringes & bloody guazes a la brian mcnamee, FINE EXTRA TESTING IS WARRANTED.

If floyd senior was a seasoned steroid user & expert a la Jose Canseco, THEN FINE, THE ACCUSATIONS ARE NOT BASELESS & LETS DO EXTRA TESTING.

But there isnt a single iota of evidence that pacquiao is using steroids, & even former trainers that would have an ax to grind against team pac & roach are saying pac is clean & is a hard worker (justin fortune & m. moorer).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hate Giver View Post
                    the boxing media trashed floyd because of his loathsome personality. There are some that defended floyd & some that trashed pac. Stop crying fake persecution. Some defended pacquiao because it was the right thing to do. Pacquiao never refused testing. he has passed all REQUIRED TESTS BY HIS SPORT'S GOVERNING BODY & EVEN AGREED TO THE EXTRA TESTING floyd asked for that he didnt need to do. the disagreement was the cutoff days.

dont twist the truth to fit your agenda.
                    That's an oxymoron. If he agreed to testing(which he did) he knew he did not have a say in the cut off date. That's why it's called "random testing" Roach said a 3-5 window was OK. Then they turned around and said 30 days. Then they said 14 days was too soon. So yes, he did refuse the testing. Don't rewrite history.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hate Giver;7860239[B
                      ]because floyd is a scared paranoid closet *******ual[/B] afraid to lose his lone pride & joy; his undefeated record. .
                      Ok, now I see this is a 12 year old I'm responding too. I won't waste any more time here. In no ways do you have a college degree. Don't even try to lie about that anymore.
                      Last edited by Calilloyd; 03-22-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X