Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if lebron chose boxin instead of basketball.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Wlad certainly does not like getting hit and that has not stopped him from doing big things~

Also who likes getting punched in the face and gut, learning to endure is different then learning to like it.
    He has 200+ amateur fights and almost 60 pro fights, Lebron got hit a few times as a boy and stopped as the majority of ppl would. The toughness, heart, etc of any pro boxer is a whole different realm from most ppl. Comparing the two is insulting.

Comment

This thread is quite funny, American's can't accept they are second best. It's like when Jack Johnson became black HW champ they couldn't take that either, now even their blacks are getting ass whupped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        He has 200+ amateur fights and almost 60 pro fights, Lebron got hit a few times as a boy and stopped as the majority of ppl would. The toughness, heart, etc of any pro boxer is a whole different realm from most ppl. Comparing the two is insulting.
        They are both world class athletes, to many variables involved to know what would happean if Lebron wanted to box his whole life or if he had someone pushing him into the sport.

The toughness of a boxer is forged and that takes a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
          Man I could care less if the athlete is from America, Europe, or where ever. This article is simply asking how Lebron would do as a boxer. More than likely because of how freakishly athletic and strong he is. He has athletic abilities like no other basketball player we've seen on any continent. So the question was proposed how would he fair as a boxer. I understand that other countries have great fighters. And many Americans do down play their greatness. But that is because they fighting most of their fights in their respective countries, and America is looked at as having the best boxers, and anyone who wants to make it big has to fight in America at some point. And that is true as of right now. But the more European fighters who make big names for themselves can bring American fighters to them. That's why the super six is great. Because it has boxing on a huge stage for the world to see in many different countries. But it also created another issue when Froch won a horrible decision against Dirrel. Now who would want to fight in another country if they feel they would not get a fair shake. But that is another topic. Bottom line is if you don't like the subject line then why even interject in this thread?

hhhhhmmm lets not forget that tim bradley was given a SD in a very close fight versus witter in the same city the froch dirrell fight took place plus the froch fight was crap for both guys with dirrell looking the better boxer but i wouldnt call it a robbery by any means, not like some of the recent fights in america where the home cooking has been going into overdrive imo

Comment

I know loads of people who excel at one sport but are useless in another. Just because Lebron is a great basketball player doesn't mean he would be a good boxer. Just because Lionel Messi is a great footballer it doesn't mean he would be a good golfer.

Boxing takes blood, sweat, tears, determination, heart, will, intelligence, speed, accuracy, power, energy, stamina, movement, and whole lot of other attributes and intangibles to make it to the top. What if Lebron had the raw athleticism to be a great boxer, but also had a weak chin and a weak heart? Would he make it then?

Comment

Exactly. The turnover rate at my gym is shocking. 90% of the people turn up a few times, and then you never see them again. Some people fancy themselves as boxers but find out pretty quickly that being punched in the face isn't very fun or pleasurable.

As it turns out, when I get punched in the face, the only thing I'm thinking of is hitting my opponent back, rather than wishing the bell would ring to end the round.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                They are both world class athletes, to many variables involved to know what would happean if Lebron wanted to box his whole life or if he had someone pushing him into the sport.

The toughness of a boxer is forged and that takes a lot of time.
                Wow you could not be more wrong. It's innate and your lack of appreciation for boxers in general is unbelievable.

In regards to Klitschko i know that you have no understanding of the Soviet School that they grew up in.

You were fed to the wolves from day 1 and were worked to the bone so anyone who couldn't measure up were weeded out & mentally and/or physically broken (we're talking about children keep in mind) sink or swim approach. The best athletes from all over the Soviet Union who looked like their attributes would make good fighters (like james) were tried and the vast majority were broken and discarded. I assume that Cuba has a similar system too.

That kind of physical and mental toughness isn't something you aquire after some long term experimenting and touch and go approach. The fact that you call yourself a boxing fan and lack of respect is sad really.
                Last edited by Mikhnienko; 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Wow you could not be more wrong. It's innate and your lack of appreciation for boxers in general is unbelievable.

In regards to Klitschko i know that you have no understanding of the Soviet School that they grew up in.

You were fed to the wolves from day 1 and were worked to the bone so anyone who couldn't measure up were weeded out & mentally and/or physically broken (we're talking about children keep in mind) sink or swim approach. The best athletes from all over the Soviet Union who looked like their attributes would make good fighters (like james) were tried and the vast majority were broken and discarded.

That kind of physical and mental toughness isn't something you aquire after some long term experimenting and touch and go approach. The fact that you call yourself a boxing fan and lack of respect is sad really.
                  You serious?

I am sorry that you can not respect the opinion of others that is also a sign of mental weakness because you lack confidence in your beliefs.

You gain mental strength over time through experiance and hard work, it can also easily be lost. There is all kind of **** that effects someone mentally to make it sound so simple that you are born with it or not. The human brain is the most amazing thing if you can convince yourself of something anything can be possible and you do not need to start out with that conviction.

Comment

We can argue nature versus nurture all you want but nothing will change~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      You serious?

I am sorry that you can not respect the opinion of others that is also a sign of mental weakness because you lack confidence in your beliefs.

You gain mental strength over time through experiance and hard work, it can also easily be lost. There is all kind of **** that effects someone mentally to make it sound so simple that you are born with it or not. The human brain is the most amazing thing if you can convince yourself of something anything can be possible and you do not need to start out with that conviction.
                      For most things in life i completely agree. Violence is another matter though and one thing that your statement doesn't include.

Most people will do almost anything to avoid a physical confrontation and the level of that which is required in boxing and the ability to not only endure but thrive and be motivated by it is outside your Philosophy.

btw yes there are some things that are innate in people.

Comment

Working...
                      X