Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if lebron chose boxin instead of basketball.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again with that bull****.

If Lionel Messi would have chosen boxing instead of soccer, he'd be the best welterweight in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      For most things in life i completely agree. Violence is another matter though and one thing that your statement doesn't include.

Most people will do almost anything to avoid a physical confrontation and the level of that which is required in boxing and the ability to not only endure but thrive and be motivated by it is outside you Philosophy.

btw yes there are some things that are innate in people.
      Some people are naturals but even so when you are talking about the mind that blade needs to be honed and sharpened.

Fighters are a different breed but I think that comes from living that life, not every great athlete can be a fight but every great fighter is a great athlete to me being a great athlete includes a certain mental toughness. Now this mental toughness is more important in boxing than other sports but if I could go back in time and funnel a bunch of NBA players (could use any world class athletes from whatever sport around the world but NBA players are tall and rangy which is the body type I think makes the best boxers) as youngsters into boxing a decent ammount would adjust but most would wash out of course since boxing is one of the toughest sports.

Tough to say if they would get all the way to the top of the sport since that is a long hard road but I would rather start off with those type of athletes than say someone like Eddie Chambers.

Comment

• if wayne rooney was a boxer he'd knock mayweather the **** out too, too bad he chose football instead.
        Last edited by z0jo; 03-22-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X