Collapse
No announcement yet.

A prime dela hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly I would like to say Oscar was a very good fighter in his Prime at Welterweight, even though he has close official losses against Trinidad and Mosley I think he was a better fighter, I think Tito got a gift decision and Mosley barely beat him the first time, and oscar should have got the nod the second time.

Floyd beats Oscar at 130, 135 and 140 but at 147 it would be a tough and close fight because Floyd was at his best 130-140 while Oscar was at his best at 147 but then again you have to see that Whitaker who was at the end of his career beat Oscar at Welterweight IMO, and so did Ike Quartey.

Shane Mosley officially beat him at Welterweight. I think Floyd is a more complete and better fighter than Quartey and Mosley were back then, Whitaker was already past his prime in his fights with Wilfredo Rivera, you could see him declining there, thats even before he fought Oscar, yet many people thought he deserved the nod over Oscar, however we cant even compare that version of Whitaker because he was past his best.

The Trinidad fight was close I scored it 115-113 for Oscar. In my honest opinion Floyd and Pacquiao right now are better fighters than Quartey, Trinidad and Mosley were back then when Oscar fought them and Whitaker was past his prime yet many people thought Whitaker deserved the nod over Oscar.

Floyd and Pacquiao are more complete fighters, Trinidad only had a left hook and depended on his power most of the time in fights and he barely fought defensive fighters...when he did he lost. Mosley is a better fighter than Tito but still had 2 weapons in his arsenal the left hook and ofcourse his right hand. Pacquiao also had a few tools as a fighter before, but now he has improved and is a much better fighter.

IMO Oscar was a bit overrated, I give him credit for always fighting the best but he should have losses against Quartey, Whitaker and Sturm while a close win against Trinidad...Floyd and Manny are already rated higher in the ATG list compared to Trinidad, Mosley and Oscar and both of them are still active as fighters...
    Last edited by Parody; 03-10-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      i disagree my friend watch his early fights that was a different golden boy.
      He's a *******. *******s have no interest in other fights, they just blindly follow fellow countrymen.

Its a tough call to be honest. A prime DLH would give Manny and Floyd hell. Too bad these fights never happened. DLH was fighting at 154 when Floyd was still at 130 and Manny was even lighter and way too green.

Comment

A prime De La Hoya barely beat Oba Carr. Can we please stop acting as if he was the greatest thing since water?

Comment

Originally posted by Parody View Post
          Firstly I would like to say Oscar was a very good fighter in his Prime at Welterweight, even though he has close official losses against Trinidad and Mosley I think he was a better fighter, I think Tito got a gift decision and Mosley barely beat him the first time, and oscar should have got the nod the second time.

Floyd beats Oscar at 130, 135 and 140 but at 147 it would be a tough and close fight because Floyd was at his best 130-140 while Oscar was at his best at 147 but then again you have to see that Whitaker who was at the end of his career beat Oscar at Welterweight IMO, and so did Ike Quartey.

Shane Mosley officially beat him at Welterweight. I think Floyd is a more complete and better fighter than Quartey and Mosley were back then, Whitaker was already past his prime in his fights with Wilfredo Rivera, you could see him declining there, thats even before he fought Oscar, yet many people thought he deserved the nod over Oscar, however we cant even compare that version of Whitaker because he was past his best.

The Trinidad fight was close I scored it 115-113 for Oscar. In my honest opinion Floyd and Pacquiao right now are better fighters than Quartey, Trinidad and Mosley were back then when Oscar fought them and Whitaker was past his prime yet many people thought Whitaker deserved the nod over Oscar.

Floyd and Pacquiao are more complete fighters, Trinidad only had a left hook and depended on his power most of the time in fights and he barely fought defensive fighters...when he did he lost. Mosley is a better fighter than Tito but still had 2 weapons in his arsenal the left hook and ofcourse his right hand. Pacquiao also had a few tools as a fighter before, but now he has improved and is a much better fighter.

IMO Oscar was a bit overrated, I give him credit for always fighting the best but he should have losses against Quartey, Whitaker and Sturm while a close win against Trinidad...Floyd and Manny are already rated higher in the ATG list compared to Trinidad, Mosley and Oscar and both of them are still active as fighters...
          i agree with some of what you have to say, but the majority can be well debated

Comment

He was just the better boxer out of the 3 the delahoya they beat was shot to ****.
            Err what are you trying to say son, the DLH Pacquiao beat was the same Mayweather beat? Are you insane? The 154 pound version of Hoya was the ring and 154 lineal champion (capturing it from Mayorga) and AFTER the fight people were saying that version of Oscar would beat anyone on the 147 category by a landmile. The version Pacquiao fought was making the 147 limit for the first time in 10 years. If you can't see a big difference you're an idiot.

Comment

Beats pacquiao and mayweather prime vrs prime if you dont agree watch oscar in his prime,mosley probably beats both as well.
              Agreed

Comment

Did a prime DLH enter the ring at 168? Anyway, I can see that happening, a prime DLH could most definitely beat Mayweather and Pacquiao. I'd be confident in picking Oscar over Pacquiao. A prime Oscar could move around alot better.

Comment

from the guy with 0 disabled rep move on from my post ***** no one respects you thats why you hide your rep

Comment

nah.... the best form of mayweather was at 130. theres no way in hell that oscar would beat that form of mayweather. And honestly i dont see him beating a 147 pacquiao either. but i really dont like dlh, so that might be a little biased

Comment

Beats pacquiao and mayweather prime vrs prime if you dont agree watch oscar in his prime,mosley probably beats both as well.

prime de la hoya beats mayweather but no way a fighter like pac...

stylistically pac is just wrong for the puto lolz

Comment

Working...
                      X