Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB, Rate These 5 Fighters In Order Of Greatness!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Just this video at 13 seconds with Roy on the speed bag shows hes not on Pacs level in the ring. The rest of the video is the icing on the cake. People mustve forgot. Pac struggled with a 36 year old past it JMM but he can beat A PRIME ROY?

yeah, fighting tomato cans...

Comment

• Manny Pacquiao
      roy jones jr
      marving hagler
      george foreman
      evander holyfield

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        Sorry mate, but you don't have a clue.

If anyone ever had the tools to keep pressure fighters of him it was a prime Roy Jones. With that movement, that speed, that power? Forget about it. Manny would have been hit with 6 left hooks in a row before he got a shot off. That's how you keep pressure fighters off you.

The lack of knowledge some of you people show is incredible. Have you even watched these guys fight?

We got people saying Roy lacked tools in the ring, Winky was overrated, Tito didn't achieve anything, **** its almost ridiculous that we call this joint a boxing forum.
        ever fighter lacks certain tools so this isn't a knock on Roy....other wise we would have a complete fighter, something the sport has never seen.

Bottom line is this how can you out move someone who has comparable foot and hand speed pound 4 pound? I give Roy the advantage in hand speed pound for pound but as far as footspeed both are equal in my book. This is why I say he needs more than just out maneuvering pac with footwork to keep him off of him.

I was a fan of roy back in the day, although Hamed was my favorite fighter, and I know exactly how he fought. Roy allowed himself to get hit with senseless shots at times and had huge openings. The only problem is that he was so fast that people couldn't capitalize on them. Now if you are in the ring with some one who is just as fast as you p4p, you can't make those same type of mistakes and technical errors Roy constantly made.

I guess we can agree to disagree but don't act like what Im saying doesn't make sense and is some made up b.s. Whether you agree with who wins doesn't change the fact that these are know weaknesses in Roy's game and that given the right opponent, Roy can be exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          He was faster, stronger, hit harder, had better reflexes and was harder to hit then Manny is.

I cant believe what Im reading. I mean Roy Jones Jr.? Everything Pac does Roy does better. Roy was barely grazed in his prime let alone hit hit repeatedly. He would make Pac look foolish in the ring.

he got exposed by someone like tarver lolz

/discussion

Comment

• Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
            yeah, fighting tomato cans...
            Lol. I was waiting for it. It can never be far off when uninformed ******s are spouting **** about Roy.

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
              ever fighter lacks certain tools so this isn't a knock on Roy....other wise we would have a complete fighter, something the sport has never seen.

Bottom line is this how can you out move someone who has comparable foot and hand speed pound 4 pound? I give Roy the advantage in hand speed pound for pound but as far as footspeed both are equal in my book. This is why I say he needs more than just out maneuvering pac with footwork to keep him off of him.

I was a fan of roy back in the day, although Hamed was my favorite fighter, and I know exactly how he fought. Roy allowed himself to get hit with senseless shots at times and had huge openings. The only problem is that he was so fast that people couldn't capitalize on them. Now if you are in the ring with some one who is just as fast as you p4p, you can't make those same type of mistakes and technical errors Roy constantly made.

I guess we can agree to disagree but don't act like what Im saying doesn't make sense and is some made up b.s. Whether you agree with who wins doesn't change the fact that these are know weaknesses in Roy's game and that given the right opponent, Roy can be exposed.

he cant even beat a guy like tarver...

Comment

Putting Pac vs. RJJr is almost an insult to him. Im not even his biggest fan but Im like in shock over here. Roy could do whatever he wanted to do against Pac in the ring. He would have his way with him. He was faster, stronger, hit harder he was just flat out better then Pac. There is nothing Pac could do to Roy in a boxing ring other then be his personal speed bag. JMM landed on him FLUSH and he was past it. Roy would destroy him.

Roy in his Prime had no weaknesses. If you fought him you got ur ass beat. It was that simple. Roy can fight Pac and Floyd P4P wise and they can tag team and he would win every round and stop both. And Im a HUGE Floyd fan.

Comment

Yeah, we will agree to disagree.

Personally I think anyone who has truly watched Roy Jones, and doesn't think that at his peak he had the tools to negate a pressure fighter, is a bit off-centre, but that is your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                    he cant even beat a guy like tarver...
                    It is very obvious that you have only watched boxing for around 18 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                      Lol. I was waiting for it. It can never be far off when uninformed ******s are spouting **** about Roy.

******? you cant even come up with your own insults... try again kid

even your bum countrymen exposed that chin lolz

Comment

Working...
                      X