Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB, Rate These 5 Fighters In Order Of Greatness!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    It is very obvious that you have only watched boxing for around 18 months.
    you got nothing, try again kid

Comment

• I'm out but before I go to bed what I don't understand is this:

Did a prime Roy Jones Jr make a lot of technical errors and fundamental mistakes?

Everyone who knows him will say yes.

Wasn't the consensus back then, amongst boxing insiders, was that he got away with it due to him his athletic ability and the fact no one had the speed and footwork to capitalize on his mistakes?

Everyone knew and said this

So why is it so ridiculous to believe that a fighter, who can match him speedwise p4p, can't capitalize off of those mistakes and errors in his game?

If someone was fast enough to catch Roy, he would have taken an L in his prime. Everyone I know agrees with this, even a few of my relatives who are hard core Roy fans.

Comment

• let me just say before i make my list that out of this list, imo the best fighters in order are:

hagler
        jones
        pacman
        foreman
        holyfield

now the question in hand, rank them in all time greatness which means taking into account their resumes then the list will be completely different;

Pacquiao
        Hagler
        Foreman
        Jones
        Holyfield

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
          I'm out but before I go to bed what I don't understand is this:

Did a prime Roy Jones Jr make a lot of technical errors and fundamental mistakes?

Wasn't the consensus back then, amongst boxing insiders, was that he got away with it due to him his athletic ability and the fact no one had the speed and footwork to capitalize on his mistakes?

So why is it so ridiculous to believe that a fighter, who can match him speedwise p4p, can't capitalize off of those mistakes and errors in his game?

If someone was fast enough to catch Roy, he would have taken an L in his prime. Everyone I know agrees with this, even a few of my relatives who are hard core Roy fans.

he was fighting to-ma-to cans...

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Putting Pac vs. RJJr is almost an insult to him. Im not even his biggest fan but Im like in shock over here. Roy could do whatever he wanted to do against Pac in the ring. He would have his way with him. He was faster, stronger, hit harder he was just flat out better then Pac. There is nothing Pac could do to Roy in a boxing ring other then be his personal speed bag. JMM landed on him FLUSH and he was past it. Roy would destroy him.

Roy in his Prime had no weaknesses. If you fought him you got ur ass beat. It was that simple. Roy can fight Pac and Floyd P4P wise and they can tag team and he would win every round and stop both. And Im a HUGE Floyd fan.
            why does everyone believe this. Roy had tons of weaknesses but no one could capitalize on them. I guess this is why he never loses fantasy fights because people believing illusions like this.

Comment

why does everyone believe this. Roy had tons of weaknesses but no one could capitalize on them. I guess this is why he never loses fantasy fights because people believing illusions, such as him not having weakness.

its not hard to look 'perfect' when you are fighting tomato cans

Comment

I'm out but before I go to bed what I don't understand is this:

Personally I always thought it was overhyped the extent to which Jones supposedly made these massive mistakes. When he wanted to be Jones could be technically extremely good. His style was different, but he was still technically an extremely good fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                  Personally I always thought it was overhyped the extent to which Jones supposedly made these massive mistakes. When he wanted to be Jones could be technically extremely good. His style was different, but he was still technically an extremely good fighter.
                  well I kinda agree with you on this statement. You watch football? If so the best analogy I can think of is Roy is like a defenses that blitzes alot and plays man to man. While it's very dangerous, he can get away with it a majority of the time. If someone has the ability to capitalize on it, they can score big. For example, with his hands down and relying on his reflex works against 99% of the fighters, he won't get away with it against a great fighter like Pac, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ray Robinson and other great offensive fighters. I just can't see that and Roy's arrogance would cause him to do that in fights with guys who can catch him.

Comment

• The point giver spreads e-wealth to the boxing scene masses.....and would donate to the mentioned ATG fighters in this thread as well if they had accounts.

Comment

• 1. floyd mayweather jr.
                      2. floyd mayweather jr.
                      3. floyd mayweather jr.
                      4. floyd mayweather jr.
                      5. floyd mayweather jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X