Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hector Camacho's infamous "N*gga"-Interview with Larry Merchant !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
    The chick smiling when he said it was classic. You know she was thinking, "Better you, slip and say it than me".
    I couldn't understand what you meant. You placed the coma wrong. It didn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
      I still don't understand what the big deal was about this. Camacho is a Puerto Rican from Harlem. That's how they talk down there.
      Its quite simple really.

"*****" wasn't thrown around as loosely as it is today.

Hiphop hadn't been around long enough to where it was a popular term.

Comment

The funny thing is Macho isn't wrong in either interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Clips View Post
          Depends on how you look at it. Yeah they are american with african roots but as a race i would say that they are latino. African americans in this country are so mixed up it's crazy kind of like PR but they still have their heritage. check this out:

**** like this isn't surprising. Real Black Africans from Africa, are not light skinned people at all. They're quite dark. Any Black person in america lighter than a bruise is most likely mixed with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
            I couldn't understand what you meant. You placed the coma wrong. It didn't make sense.
            If you figured out that I placed the comma in the wrong spot, then you must have figured out what I meant. Why point it out? Sorry, didn't realize that everything needed to be grammatically correct on boxingscene. Next time, I'll make sure to use my spell check before I post.:wank:

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post

**** like this isn't surprising. Real Black Africans from Africa, are not light skinned people at all. They're quite dark. Any Black person in america lighter than a bruise is most likely mixed with something else.
              Nelson Mandella is pretty light for an African but he is a true African. You got dark African Americans as dark as any true African that still have mixed blood in them.

Comment

Native American is what I guessed Snoop would have in him, go figure.

Comment

He meant nothing offensive with that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    well straight up Im black and I have never liked that **** but black dudes from NY always allowed PR's to say that **** and it blew up. I hate it when people who arent black use that word but its too late and too far gone for that **** now so I just dip out when I hear it. Like, I dont even like being in this thread foreal. Its not hating. If you know me then you know that Im cool with everyone and have love for my minorities but I just feel that **** goes too far. Its the samething when Ja Rule's dumbass wrote those lyrics for J Lo and then alot of PR cats were taking up for her. **** like that gets me heated but it is what it is and its not going to change so you just have to accept it and or like me, choose not to be around it when its not by black people.

With all that being said, I know he didnt mean it in a negative way so I wouldnt be getting totally heated by it but I honestly just dont like the ****

Plenty of blacks like me come from puerto rican descent, who also come front slave descent. The word Negro is a spanish word to begin with, guys like camacho, cotto, look like they have african blood in them regardless, its not a big deal to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      NO but there is alot of blacks in my area which is PG County, MD. I was in Bmore last night and am in DC alot. I dont see too many PR's or whatever. I see Mexicans but they dont really speak english that well. The PR's I do see are in Northern VA and they might say it but Ive never heard it. Most of the one's I know are MS 13 and **** so they dont really talk like that too much. They know people in Bmore, DC, and PG County dont play that ****. Again, I understand it and sometimes I even slip up. Like I get mad when others say it but I was watching a movie with Fat Joe and he was saying it left & right and I was cool because he almost seemed black to me and then I had to catch myself and was like, this cat is PR so sometimes looks do play into it which is sort of what the other poster above said but since then I havent really liked when Fat Joe said it either.

I actually wasnt too upset when Camacho said it because it seemed more isolated but I hate it when cats arent black but they are like "yo Nig-ga this & yo Nig-ga that" and thats all they say. Thats when I get upset but Ive always been that way with race ****. Only 2 things in this world set me off and thats someone saying some racist ****, someone saying some gay **** to me, and someone talking down to me. I dont even like having convos about it because I get heated but I also know that its just how people grew up and who they grew up with and they dont mean anything bad about it. I was at Johns Hopkins hospital last all last night though and they had a couple of fine ass latino's working in there.
                      see thats the problem. It is not ok for any other race to use it, but within black people it is ok. I dont use the work because I dont like the word and im puerto rican so i dont talk like that. but if it is ok for jay z or akon to use it why is not ok for fat joe to use it.

Comment

Working...
                      X