Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Mayweather revisited : Joe Cortez won the fight for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soyotoyapex View Post
    The fight will have certainly ended with a TKO/KO win by Hatton if it werent for the the timely interfering by ref Cortez everytime Hatton seems to be taking Floyd where he wants him to be.

The referee should be at least honored by Floyd fans as he exerted extra effort in refereeing while at the same time making sure that Floyd can execute his plan.

This is boxing....not hit and hold.......you are not allowed to wrestle hit and hold in boxing.......the ref is right to separate when that **** happens....it's ok for Ricky to hit and hold and wrestle i the UK for obvious reasons.....cortez played no part in Hatton getting beaten.....Hatton was beaten inside and out.........

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Yeah I just watched the fight and it was Cortez who knocked Hatton senseless into the turn buckle.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
        This is boxing....not hit and hold.......you are not allowed to wrestle hit and hold in boxing.......the ref is right to separate when that **** happens....it's ok for Ricky to hit and hold and wrestle i the UK for obvious reasons.....cortez played no part in Hatton getting beaten.....Hatton was beaten inside and out.........
        You would be right if it wasn't Mayweather that was doing most of the holding, Cortez had no problem with Hattons fighting style when he fought Castillio. I'm not saying Hatton would have won, but Cortez made Mayweather's night a lot easier than it should have been.

Comment

The ref did break them far too quickly and too often. Even if he did let them fight I still think Mayweather would have won, but Hatton's best chance was to get up close and try to rough Mayweather up and the ref took that away from him.

Comment

The first time I saw the fight I thought the same thing but then I watched it again and realised Floyd just outclassed him. It's not like Hatton never got inside, He did but when he did Floyd destroyed him with quick, precise right hands and broke him down and knocked him out.

Anyone who seriously thinks Cortez affected the fight needs to watch it again. All of the "clinches" that he broke up, wouldve been broke up by any other referee.

Comment

Originally posted by MCVAGINA View Post
              The first time I saw the fight I thought the same thing but then I watched it again and realised Floyd just outclassed him. It's not like Hatton never got inside, He did but when he did Floyd destroyed him with quick, precise right hands and broke him down and knocked him out.

Anyone who seriously thinks Cortez affected the fight needs to watch it again. All of the "clinches" that he broke up, wouldve been broke up by any other referee.

I have the fight and have seen it at leadt 5 or 6 times........and i completely agree with everything you have stated.......

Comment

I have watched again the fight and made it pause every now and then...i can definitely say now Hatton was cheated on that fight.

Comment

good thread i think if the referee would have just let hatton fight his fight against pac that match would have had a different outcome

Comment

the ref was terrible in that fight i agree

cortez is so inconsistent with the way he refs fights

Comment

Look i'm a Hatton Nuthugger, but Floyd won that fight not Cortez,, Cortez didn't help but Floyds skill level was a level above Hattons and he would have won anyway.

It might have gone the distance with a better ref but it would have been a very wide UD and i doubt it would have done anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X