No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayorga: "I Conquered Boxing, Now I Will Conquer MMA"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I might have to go see that

Its in my neck of the woods. Mayorga, love him or hate him, is always entertaining. I hope he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post

To where he originated from to be the lineal champion of the storied welterweight division,

I don't have a problem if he says he conquered boxing.

He won that title in amazing fashion.
      his amazing fashion

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
        You do have a point, but not all those guys do **** cuz they love to do it. Anderson definitely has one of the biggest hearts in MMA so I guess he could be doing it for the love of the game, but garauntee if he ever saw one of boxings big paydays hed never go back to MMA...
        Well, we can hope he fights a shot RJJ if ppl would still want to see it and it would sell surprisingly well believe it or not even if he gets blasted out by B-hop easy.

If Roy still beat Silva at this point it would deal Anderson and MMA a huge blow but not really hurt Roy or boxing's cred very much at all now if Anderson won.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Well, we can hope he fights a shot RJJ if ppl would still want to see it and it would sell surprisingly well believe it or not even if he gets blasted out by B-hop easy.

If Roy still beat Silva at this point it would deal Anderson and MMA a huge blow but not really hurt Roy or boxing's cred very much at all now if Anderson won.
          That raises a very valid point, haha id like to see that fight now that you just said that. I Think Roy would still win though.... And it wouldnt deal too big of a blow to MMA, just all the MMA nuthuggers that hate on boxing... Silvas a class act though, nothing but love for this guy, if anyone could have success in the boxing ring from MMA, it would be him, and to be honest I'd love that to happen, whens the last time Brazil had a world champion in boxing? And on that note, I wish Rogerio Nogueira (Lil Nog) wouldve went into pro boxing rather than MMA, dude has some mad skills, I read somewhere he was an amateur champion!

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
            That raises a very valid point, haha id like to see that fight now that you just said that. I Think Roy would still win though.... And it wouldnt deal too big of a blow to MMA, just all the MMA nuthuggers that hate on boxing... Silvas a class act though, nothing but love for this guy, if anyone could have success in the boxing ring from MMA, it would be him, and to be honest I'd love that to happen, whens the last time Brazil had a world champion in boxing? And on that note, I wish Rogerio Nogueira (Lil Nog) wouldve went into pro boxing rather than MMA, dude has some mad skills, I read somewhere he was an amateur champion!
            I think Popo Freitas was the last guy I can remember from Brazil who was a notable world boxing champ....had a Valero like record too.

Comment

wow, i'm well intrigued by mayorga having a shot at MMA. no disrespect to MMA, which is a thriving sport in it's own right, even though i'm not too keen on men in shorts so tight you can practically see their ball veins, wrapping legs around another (each to their own) but it would be great to see former legitimate welterweight champion (not 'titlist') and 154lbs champ mayorga, with his exciting style and punching power, checking out MMA shores. it figures to be exciting if nothing else and again, no disrespect to MMA, i'd love mayorga to secure victory with a display of explosive hitting.
              i don't think there should be too many comparisons between the two respective sports but i'd be lying if i didn't in the back of my mind see this as boxing versus MMA.
              pity though that most boxers make the switch to MMA when they've seen better days, as mayorga is doing.

Comment

It should be interesting to see how he does.

Mayorga vs Toney! Make it happen. lol

Comment

a boxer's punch would crack a MMA fighter head open, mayorga may not be the slickest boxer but he has skills. and MMA fighters swing like girls, i got mayorga by KO in like 15 seconds. MMA dudes have no chin, one good shot and its over. the only dudes that go to MMA is the ones that cant box . boxing is for animals

Comment

Din will sub Mayorga

If a Boxer wants to win in MMA all they have to do is fight someone that likes to stand[Tim Sylvia-Ray Mercer].Mayorga is fighting a good submission guy.Mayorga is in for a rude awakening.He WILL be submitted by Din Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                    X