Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shay Day: Mayweather-Mosley, Pacquiao-Clottey, Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's refreshing to read an article where a boxer can actually type and is articulate sort of.

The article is a lot less formal, but that's why I like it. It doesn't have to be facts, it's all about his opinion as a fellow professional boxer and I like came out reading it and thinking, yeah, I liked that.

Amir Can counter Paulie easily. Paulie beats decent fighters like ndou but he doesn't beat fighters that have more ability than him. Paulie does not have the speed and power to compete with Amir, and his movement is good, but he doesn't punch.

Bradley is indeed the top man at 140. I really feel that no one can touch him and within 3 fights, he will be a HOF'er. Gary Shaw really has a damn fine fighter.

Mosely won't get frustrated in the ring, not unless his legs are completely gone after the age of 38 and a year lay off.

Hopkins should spar with him and teach him how to connect against a tight defence and holding. Forbes is also good but not really even comparable, but will be useful.

Pac should beat Clottey. Clottey is hard to beat and is tough, but I don't see him having the tools to beat pac now. If pac can take his shots, then he surely will outwork Clottey.

Pac loves people who stand still and do not punch that much back.

Nice to see what happens behind the scenes like Tarver teaching them a few things and meeting anne wolfe. Sometimes the carpark in gyms must be so good to see top boxers together.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      What TV appearances? a 15 second interview at a Bolton match, given that the cameras were already there?

The fact he's on PPV at such a young age is down to his promoter using him as a cash-cow and milking opportunities i.e. his job. He isn't a PPV draw like Tyson, ODLH etc. I'm not even referring to them on similar levels; Khans draw is from British marketing to an easy and open public, they don't go to SUPPORT Khan - they go to watch a boxing match with a name they know involved.

Packing out the MEN means very little given that its absolute capacity when opened up fully is only 11,000 ...
      Apart from Hatton, no one else can touch Khan in terms of selling arena's and PPV.

Haye just got there, and was sucessful, but let's see how the Ruiz fight does, especially after a boring fight VS Valuev.

Calzaghe took years to get that many in audiences.

Comment

Alot of good points Ishe. Keep it up. Timothy Bradley needs Showtime to press the issue for him. He is clearly the best boxer they have in there network. I'D rather see him fight Campbell then move up to 147 because then fighters at 147 will expect him to fight at that weight and with hi height it will be a huge disadvantage.

Comment

Its nice reading an article from a writer not named ronnie n. U made some good points ishe!! keep it up

Comment

Interesting read, good comments and made me think on a few things but i disagree with some. I think the Lara situation is overblown but a first rate amateur at best? **** man, he's better than that.

Comment

Complaining because one fighter gets more than another is not good journalism.

If you were being professional, you would say "it's a shame tim bradley doesn't get the attention he deserves"

rather than launch an attack on amir khan

Comment

whilst we have the big man's attention, it would be nice to hear what ishe has to say about his own career. granted, you've proved your mettle by outclassing ahmed kaddour in the contender whilst the pressure was on you by your peers and kaddour was looking electric at the time, you sparred heatedly and extensively with a prime fernando vargas when you were a relative pro novice, pushed heavy hitting joel julio to a close decision adn gave a superb defensive performance against sechew powell, perhaps not doing enough in the way of effective aggression to win, although i deemed you to be the superior of the the two on the night without perhaps doing quite enough to win.
                you also took the undefeated scalp of a very capable pawel wolak.
                do you still believe you have what it takes to fulfil your 'destiny' of being a world champion and if so, what is your plan to acheive this and who would you like to fight?

Comment

Working...
                X