Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Kelly Staphlik fighting a Junior Middleweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    Because that Junior Middleweight gave the man that everybody think Pavlik is ducking, hell and in many eyes won that fight. I think it's a good test for Pavlik to test before he fights Paul. One things for sure, the winner gets Williams. Can't wait for all this to go down! Got Pavlik KO before 10 in this one though.
    Even though I like Strum as a boxer, its funny how he has had a belt before any of these 3 fighters in question were even relevant on the world class scene and still has the same strap he has held for a few years now but no one outside of hardcore fans even knows who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Even though I like Strum as a boxer, its funny how he has had a belt before any of these 3 fighters in question were even relevant on the world class scene and still has the same strap he has held for a few years now but no one outside of hardcore fans even knows who he is.
      Thats a good point.

Comment

He kicked Oscar's ass on PPV. He's probably more of a household name than you'd think.

Anyway, one thing that really makes me think less of Sturm is getting KO'd by Javier Castillejo. That's just instant career death.

Comment

Staphlik's been traumatized after the Hopkins beating. It's been excuse after excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            He kicked Oscar's ass on PPV. He's probably more of a household name than you'd think.

Anyway, one thing that really makes me think less of Sturm is getting KO'd by Javier Castillejo. That's just instant career death.
            Castillejo is a good fighter and he did avenge the loss later but it is a knock against him.

I just wish he would come over to the U.S and give it another shot, DLH was a massive name and there was alot on the line.

I don't think many ppl thought this unknown German kid would have gave Oscar a boxing lesson like he did.

Still he has no one but himself to blame that he is not regarded among Martinez, PWill, and Pavlik......if he even cares that he is not.

Comment

Castillejo is a good fighter and he did avenge the loss later but it is a knock against him.

I just wish he would come over to the U.S and give it another shot, DLH was a massive name and there was alot on the line.

I don't think many ppl thought this unknown German kid would have gave Oscar a boxing lesson like he did.

Still he has no one but himself to blame that he is not regarded among Martinez, PWill, and Pavlik......if he even cares that he is not.
              Castillejo is good, but not great. The expectations that people had for Sturm after the ODLH fight were a lot more than someone who could conceivably lose to Castillejo. The avenged loss was a close decision too.

I totally don't blame him for not coming to the US. He got screwed by our judges, hard. He's making a ton of cash staying in Germany, so I really don't blame him at all.

The biggest problem I have with him is turning down 5 million Euros to fight Abraham. I can't see any reason to turn down that kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                Castillejo is good, but not great. The expectations that people had for Sturm after the ODLH fight were a lot more than someone who could conceivably lose to Castillejo. The avenged loss was a close decision too.

I totally don't blame him for not coming to the US. He got screwed by our judges, hard. He's making a ton of cash staying in Germany, so I really don't blame him at all.

The biggest problem I have with him is turning down 5 million Euros to fight Abraham. I can't see any reason to turn down that kind of money.
                Yeah, there was no reason he shouldn't have because they both held belts at MW and neither had to go away from the German crowd which is their fanbase.

Comment

I think Pavlik should get in the ring with him. I think Pavlik would KO him and I think it would be a good fight for him to fight and then get the winner of Paul-Sergio 2. But fact is Sturm hasn't fought a world class big named opponent since Oscar so I can understand why Pavlik rather fight Sergio & Williams instead. I also wanna see Pavlik face those guys in the super 6 after thats all over. He's got a good fight future ahead of him to be able to prove alot of people wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    I think Pavlik should get in the ring with him. I think Pavlik would KO him and I think it would be a good fight for him to fight and then get the winner of Paul-Sergio 2. But fact is Sturm hasn't fought a world class big named opponent since Oscar so I can understand why Pavlik rather fight Sergio & Williams instead. I also wanna see Pavlik face those guys in the super 6 after thats all over. He's got a good fight future ahead of him to be able to prove alot of people wrong.
                    Even if he lost to Sergio?

Pavlik has not looked good over 160 and unless a fighter is dominating all of the best guys in their weightclass or looking fantastic against opponents they can get at least, I think they should at least fight a contender or 2 at a new weight class before going after the best guys.

Can you imagine the schooling Pavlik would get from a guy like Ward or Bute?

Comment

Even if he lost to Sergio?

Pavlik has not looked good over 160 and unless a fighter is dominating all of the best guys in their weightclass or looking fantastic against opponents they can get at least, I think they should at least fight a contender or 2 at a new weight class before going after the best guys.

Can you imagine the schooling Pavlik would get from a guy like Ward or Bute?
                      Hell no haha if he lost to Sergio he probably better make like Sturm and be a quiet middleweight champion haha unless Sergio then goes on to beat Paul in a rematch and then beats other big names to make that loss more legit for Pavlik. I'm saying if he gets through Paul & Sergio and then after the super 6 is done.

But I can agree with you it'd probably be an alot better look if he unified Middleweight against Sturm, and even beating sylvester or Mudine would of been better then beating his last opponent. I just got caught up discussing to many big super fight oppurtunties and forgot Kelly actually has some work to do even in his own division with guys like Winky, Sturm, Gevor's, sylvester, and Mundine still there. But the problem is getting those fights signed. Winky's A given. But Paul's the #2-3 middleweight too in alot of rankings and Sergio gave him hell so I still like this fight since he hasn't been active alot and I'm thinking if he can take Sergio out, it would set up Pavlik to fight Paul in that great middleweight showdown and it would help him put the fight on his terms which is always good. And I wish too god Mundine would fight him. I want him dead hahaha

Comment

Working...
                      X