Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here will stick with their favorite active fighter no matter what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people here will stick with their favorite active fighter no matter what?

When they aren't on top anymore, when they are at the tail end of their career? After they have been knocked out, coming off losses, over the hill... still trying to achieve one more good win even though it's a long shot... will you still support them? Will you still root for them?

Or will you jump ship because it's the easy thing to do?
    Ill support my favorite fighter even when he's shot and past it
    94.74%
    I support them until they dont have it anymore, then its on to the next one
    5.26%

***Raises Hand****

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      When they aren't on top anymore, when they are at the tail end of their career? After they have been knocked out, coming off losses, over the hill... still trying to achieve one more good win even though it's a long shot... will you still support them? Will you still root for them?

Excellent thread Reed.....

My favorite fighters in no particular order....Andre Ward, Manny Pacquiao, RJJ, Shane Mosley, Terry Norris and Azumah Nelson.

To this day I still talk about Azumah and "Terrible" with my boys as if they were still fighting....bringing up "fantasy matchups" and what not.

I'm high on Ward because I feel he is a SMW version of Floyd, Pacquiao for his evolution into a complete and exciting fighter, RJJ for what he brought to the sport and Mosley for completely facing anyone and everyone who was willing.

To answer your question....no way will I ever jump ship on the fighters mentioned above....except if Manny becomes a corrupt politician in the Philippines.....

Comment

Mosley is a former Roid user and has five loses count them floyd FIVE!
        and you still wont sign the damn fight
        and I still wash his balls!
        gotta love SSM!

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

most true fans stick with their favorites.

only the really popular guys get bandwagon fans anyway.

besides few guys are undefeated.

if a fighter is undefeated , they're not fighting the right people.

Comment

I already have.

Wladimir Klitschko has been my favorite fighter since I started following boxing and I stuck with him when he lost to Sanders and Brewster believing that he would come back even better than before and he did.

I'm just glad my favorite fighter isn't someone like Roy Jones who just keeps embarrassing himself and all his supporters everytime he fights. He has no chance for the redemption that Klitschko accomplished yet keeps going anyway.

I would not support Wlad if he kept fighting way past his best and started losing to guys like Ray Austin who he would have knocked out with one hand in his prime. I'm happy though that my favorite fighter will never put me through that. He will retire on top and he will stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              I already have.

Wladimir Klitschko has been my favorite fighter since I started following boxing and I stuck with him when he lost to Sanders and Brewster believing that he would come back even better than before and he did.

I'm just glad my favorite fighter isn't someone like Roy Jones who just keeps embarrassing himself and all his supporters everytime he fights. He has no chance for the redemption that Klitschko accomplished yet keeps going anyway.

I would not support Wlad if he kept fighting way past his best and started losing to guys like Ray Austin who he would have knocked out with one hand in his prime. I'm happy though that my favorite fighter will never put me through that. He will retire on top and he will stay retired.
              What a joke.

Wlad is still at the top, Wlad isn't over the hill.

And if you stop supporting him when he is... then you aren't a true fan.

END OF.

Comment

It depends. When they do **** I can't defend I get to the point where I'm done with them. I used to be a Mayweather fan. I got tired of trying to see things his way and defending him. I was also a Margarito fan but what he did was disgraceful. If it's because a guy is at the end of his career then no. RJJ for example is still my favorite fighter and you better believe I will buy a RJJ/BHop PPV. Another guy I like is Cotto and will continue to support him. Marquez is another.

Comment

Only fighters i've ever abandonned are Kelly Pavlik because i bought into the hype and his style doesn't interest me anymore, doesn't fight anyone worth fighting and i don't see why any boxing fan should support that.
                  And Juan Manuel Lopez, ever since he ducked Caballero i lost my respect for him. Also, i don't think he's all he's cracked up to be. I think it was when he faced Penalosa i could see flaws and he wasn't the huge hitting invicible force he was hyped up to be. So i gave up on him and low and behold a few months later he was facing Mtagwa not looking very good.

Other than that i've stuck by my favourites. I used to have Margarito in my signature but i took him out, i still like him though he is great to watch, i just took him out because technically he isn't active.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkha View Post
                    most true fans stick with their favorites.

only the really popular guys get bandwagon fans anyway.

besides few guys are undefeated.

if a fighter is undefeated , they're not fighting the right people.
                    Green K for that.....

Comment

Working...
                    X