Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here will stick with their favorite active fighter no matter what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toney, Morales, Cotto....all three have had their fair share of embarrassment and demoralizing losses in the last few years. They're still 3 of my favorites though.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
      Green K for that.....
      that's not from me.

i'm paraphrasing one of the old school boxing trainers/managers.

forgot his name. this was like a long time ago.

Comment

My favorite fighter of all time has twice tested positive for steroids.

Comment

i still luv roy jones and keep hoping that he will beat b-hop,i always back up floyd aswell,dont care if roy is shot i still support him,mayweather still ok.i was cheering for eubank and morales when they were past it.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            When they aren't on top anymore, when they are at the tail end of their career? After they have been knocked out, coming off losses, over the hill... still trying to achieve one more good win even though it's a long shot... will you still support them? Will you still root for them?

Or will you jump ship because it's the easy thing to do?
            until the ****ing brakes fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              I already have.

Wladimir Klitschko has been my favorite fighter since I started following boxing and I stuck with him when he lost to Sanders and Brewster believing that he would come back even better than before and he did.

I'm just glad my favorite fighter isn't someone like Roy Jones who just keeps embarrassing himself and all his supporters everytime he fights. He has no chance for the redemption that Klitschko accomplished yet keeps going anyway.

I would not support Wlad if he kept fighting way past his best and started losing to guys like Ray Austin who he would have knocked out with one hand in his prime. I'm happy though that my favorite fighter will never put me through that. He will retire on top and he will stay retired.
              Then you're not a real fan of Wladimir....IMHO....

You support him only thru his prime years....but when he becomes old and shot (as all of us do) and he continued to fight...no more support? You should remember him as a fighter who dam near KOd every fighter in front of him and gave the younger cats a chance in the spotlight when he was past it...("passing the torch") and I see nothing wrong with "if a fighter thinks he can still fight...let him do it". I think that's called "realization"......some fighters need that (Evander Hollyfield).

Do people who love Jordan even think twice about his Washington Wizard days?

Comment

oh yea how could i forget iron mike tyson,i would support him if he came back tomorrow,sad but true

Comment

I will not stop supporting Roy. As long as he want's to fight i will support him and hope that he still can find some way to win.

My second favorite active fighter is Cotto. Like Roy he always puts on a good show. He has had a bad year but i think he still might have a lot to give.

True fans stay by the fighter they support. I don't like disloyal people who just supports someone when they are on top or when it is the popular thing to do. Thats a sign of mental weakness.

Comment

i'm sticking to my favorite fighter ..

but if they do get caught cheating. I will drop them in a heart beat..

Comment

must be hard being a true fan in a country where franchises are common place in team sports.

Comment

Working...
                      X